PDA

View Full Version : October surprise?

marv
08-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Speculation is that it might have something to do with the Bush tax cuts. If so, only a one or two year extension won't mean anything.

Speedy
08-27-2010, 10:14 AM
It won't mean anything. The Dems have been demonizing the Bush Tax Cuts since their inception. No one is going to buy that all of a sudden the Dems believe they are a good thing.

NJCardFan
08-27-2010, 11:55 AM
It won't mean anything. The Dems have been demonizing the Bush Tax Cuts since their inception. No one is going to buy that all of a sudden the Dems believe they are a good thing.

You forget my good man that the Democrats believe us plebes to be uneducated pablum lapping dolts. Just look at how they're taking all the credit for our successes in Iraq.

rjas77
08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
It will just mean that Bush and the Republican Congress that passed it were right

lacarnut
08-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Hundreds of billions of dollars still remain unspent of the stimulus money. So, I would not be surprised to see Helicopter Ben and Geithner, the tax cheat, propose a $1,000 bribe to all taxpayers either in this election cycle or right before the 012 election. Obummer is trying to figure out how the remaining amount can be best put to their political advantage.

marv
08-27-2010, 02:38 PM
It will just mean that Bush and the Republican Congress that passed it were right
The only thing President FUBAR can do relative to the Bush tax cuts is to refuse to extend them. Otherwise, he's admitting that his economic policy was wrong from the start - and President FUBAR never makes misteaks.

lacarnut
08-27-2010, 02:44 PM
The only thing President FUBAR can do relative to the Bush tax cuts is to refuse to extend them. Otherwise, he's admitting that his economic policy was wrong from the start - and President FUBAR never makes misteaks.

I am sure that a number of October surprises are coming our way. Obama might bomb a milk factory in Iran:rolleyes: Seriously, the Democrats know they are deep shit, and they will do everything to keep their precious jobs.

PoliCon
08-27-2010, 05:24 PM
I am sure that a number of October surprises are coming our way. Obama might bomb a milk factory in Iran:rolleyes: Seriously, the Democrats know they are deep shit, and they will do everything to keep their precious jobs.

I doubt he'll bomb anything as it would dispirit his base.

Arroyo_Doble
08-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Speculation is that it might have something to do with the Bush tax cuts. If so, only a one or two year extension won't mean anything.

The extention of the tax cuts enacted in the 2001 Reconciliation Act (and accelerated in the 2003 Reconciliation Act) for those making under a certain amount should not come as a surprise except for it being a surprise he can get it past the Senate.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
You forget my good man that the Democrats believe us plebes to be uneducated pablum lapping dolts. Just look at how they're taking all the credit for our successes in Iraq.

But THEIR base voters BELIEVE them!

fettpett
08-27-2010, 08:17 PM

only time they think tax cuts are good is if not doing otherwise would cost them votes. either way they will lose votes do to people seeing them as do nothings or waffling political hacks (hint: both are correct)

Hawkgirl
08-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Listened to Rush the other day and he said there is a rumor floating around that says the Bush tax cuts will be extended...he doesn't believe it and neither do I.

NJCardFan
08-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Listened to Rush the other day and he said there is a rumor floating around that says the Bush tax cuts will be extended...he doesn't believe it and neither do I.

If they extend the Bush tax cuts, it would do more harm than good.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-30-2010, 11:57 PM
If they extend the Bush tax cuts, it would do more harm than good.

I would have to respectfully disagree.

Not if they cut spending.

lacarnut
08-31-2010, 12:52 AM

It would do damage to the die heart liberal loonies that think more taxes and more spending is what is needed. Larry Summers and Tax Cheat Geithner would shit bricks if the Bush tax cuts are extended. Summers believes that the 800 billion stimulus was too small. With idiots like them two, we are screwed.

fettpett
08-31-2010, 09:25 AM
It would do damage to the die heart liberal loonies that think more taxes and more spending is what is needed. Larry Summers and Tax Cheat Geithner would shit bricks if the Bush tax cuts are extended. Summers believes that the 800 billion stimulus was too small. With idiots like them two, we are screwed.

Larry Summers can kiss my ass..Spending didn't get us out of the Great Depression, Hitler did, why these fucktards keep thinking that it's going to do any good is beyond me.

NJCardFan
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM

You misunderstand me, and I apologize for not being more clear. The more harm than good would be for Democrats, not the country. It will publicly paint them as hypocrites. The same can be said about Obama now saying the surge worked when all along he and his ilk, including Dingy Harry, saying that the surge failed. Saying the surge worked will be forcing them to give credit to GWB, something they will never, ever do directly.

noonwitch
08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
If he really is a muslim, maybe Obama can get the Afganis or the Pakistanis to deliver bin Laden's head on a pike!

After all, the DUers were all claiming that Bush was going to produce bin Laden as an October 2004 surprise.