PDA

View Full Version : Amateur NC ghost hunter looking for 'ghost train' hit and killed by real train

bijou
08-27-2010, 12:50 PM
A man who was with about a dozen people who were looking for a legendary "ghost train" in Iredell County was hit by a locomotive and killed early Friday morning. ...link (http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=13055036)

JB
08-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Should make it easier to find what he was looking for now.

Gingersnap
08-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Gee, you would have thought that at least one of those 12 people was a genuine psychic. I guess they didn't see it coming.

noonwitch
08-27-2010, 04:00 PM
I've never seen a ghost, and I don't get ghost hunters. I don't want to see one, unless he's like Lasher in Anne Rice's The Witching Hour (but not like any of the sequels), and can bring me jewels, riches and satisfaction of all my other needs.

Seriously, though, I read about the Bell Witch of Tennesee, and I am glad that I don't ever have to drive through that area, even though I heard it's a beautiful region. That spirit or ghost, or whatever it is, is well documented and even Andrew Jackson met it and communicated with it.

Gingersnap
08-27-2010, 04:37 PM
I've never seen a ghost, and I don't get ghost hunters. I don't want to see one, unless he's like Lasher in Anne Rice's The Witching Hour (but not like any of the sequels), and can bring me jewels, riches and satisfaction of all my other needs.

Seriously, though, I read about the Bell Witch of Tennesee, and I am glad that I don't ever have to drive through that area, even though I heard it's a beautiful region. That spirit or ghost, or whatever it is, is well documented and even Andrew Jackson met it and communicated with it.

I have no idea what the Bell Witch really was but there's a boatload of documentation that it was a nasty piece of work. As a Christian, I have zero interest in talking to the dead (if such a thing is even possible) or in communicating with any "things". If my experience isn't real, I'm a fool and if it is real, it sounds pretty dangerous.

Kay
08-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I've always heard of the Bell Witch, but don't really know the details.
So I googled it - this is good. Click the first link here on the google search page.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Bell+Witch+of+Tennesee&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBS

Pretty neat effects.

Gingersnap
08-27-2010, 10:10 PM
I could have lived without that. :eek:

It's getting dark out here and I'm outside.

RobJohnson
08-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Gee, you would have thought that at least one of those 12 people was a genuine psychic. I guess they didn't see it coming.

:D