PDA

View Full Version : Obamas Depleting U.S. Lobster Supply

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 01:35 AM
y Keith Koffler on August 25, 2010, 2:56 pm

So how much lobster are you having during these precarious economic times? What? You’ve had to cut back? No longer ordering it stuffed with crab meat, at least?

Well, if you happen to be the President of the United States or the First Lady, your lobster consumption is continuing at a robust pace.

Yes, the economy is still getting battered. And Tuesday night, so was President Obama’s lobster.

According to ABC’s Jake Tapper, the president savored some lobster tempura at the trendy State Road Restaurant in West Tisbury on Martha’s Vineyard. Oh, just the thought of it. If he brings some back to the White House for me, I’ll write whatever he wants.

Monday night at The Sweet Life Cafe in Oak Bluffs on the Vineyard it was the lobster pasta appetizer for the president and a surf and turf entrée – the “surf” being a lobster tail – for Mrs. Obama.

And what would the vacation to Maine in July have been without a taste of everyone’s favorite crustacean. The president did it in a little less genteel fashion that time, heading over to something called Stewman’s Downtown restaurant where he was served the “Lobster Experience” dinner – just regular lobster, corn and slaw.

But the Obamas’ lobster experience is not confined to these shores. Michelle Obama was barely off the plane during her voyage early this month to the Spanish Riviera when, according to the Spanish press, she dived into a feast of sea bass tartare, strawberry gazpacho and sardines, and a main course of lobster with seaweed risotto.

Michelle enjoyed the repast so much that she was right back at it on August 14 during the Obamas’ two-day Panama City, Fla photo-op vacation. There, at the Firefly restaurant, it was more lobster for Michelle.

The Obamas were supposed to be showing support for the good people of the oil spill-stricken Gulf, eating their seafood and so forth. So the big question is, was it a Caribbean lobster or one shipped down from Maine?

And who knows what lobster delicacies the White House chef is whipping up for them in between vacations?

No wonder the Russians just started fueling the Iranian nuclear reactor at Bushehr. When President Medvedev was here, Obama took him for burgers.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2010/08/25/obamas-depleting-lobster-supply/

RobJohnson
08-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Ha!

Great story.

marinejcksn
08-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Last time I ate Lobster was during Lobsterfest at Red Lobster....and that's only because my mom and dad took my girlfriend and I out for our anniversary and wouldn't let us pay.....AND dad insisted I get lobster.

It still cost 22.95. AND it was still delicious. I appreciate it as a special treat I can afford (or dad can ;)) maybe once a year...............NOT ALL THE TIME LIKE THIS ASSHOLE!

I gotta be honest here...I fuc&ing hate Obama. I can't stand this narcissist asshole. I hope he fails. I pray for his life every day. But his attitude is a giant Fuc& You to average Americans and I've had it.

m00
08-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Lobster Liberal?

MountainMan
08-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Let them eat cake.......

marinejcksn
08-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Let them eat cake.......

Not unless another American pays for us to eat Lobster....:rolleyes:

RobJohnson
08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Libs are used to getting the most expensive item on the menu as long as someone else is buying.

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Libs are used to getting the most expensive item on the menu as long as someone else is buying.

I was always taught to let who was ever paying order first and then you use that as your limit.

hazlnut
08-29-2010, 05:47 AM
Poli:

Seriously, did you take over for that psychotic megamoo?

You guys finally sent someone around to his house and what happened..??:eek:

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 09:22 AM
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo290/mindyobeeznis/3.jpg

http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/bed279b8-3853-4494-944f-edef71a7dcb9.jpg

asdf2231
08-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Poli:

Seriously, did you take over for that psychotic megamoo?

You guys finally sent someone around to his house and what happened..??:eek:

http://funzro.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/well-well-well.jpg

RobJohnson
08-29-2010, 07:13 PM
I was always taught to let who was ever paying order first and then you use that as your limit.

The taxpayers at home eating leftovers should be a good guide for them!

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 07:14 PM
The taxpayers at home eating leftovers should be a good guide for them!

exactly

noonwitch
08-30-2010, 10:32 AM

That's what I was also taught. When Grandpa takes me out, I always make sure he orders first, then I order something in the same price range. He was very offended at one of my cousins for ordering lobster at a restaurant. She's now on the list of those grandchildren he does not want to see ever again.

linda22003
08-30-2010, 11:57 AM
We have lobster fairly often, in fact we had some this weekend. Is there a problem with that?

JB
08-30-2010, 12:08 PM
We have lobster fairly often, in fact we had some this weekend. Is there a problem with that?I have it ten times a day. No one cares.

The OP is about the consumption of lobster by the Bumbles.

linda22003
08-30-2010, 12:17 PM
And why do we care about that?

JB
08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
And why do we care about that?Actually, I have no idea.

The only reason to care is if he never ate it before he became President. I guess you could then call him a hypocrite since he never reached into his own pocket to eat it but now eats it like it's going extinct because the taxpayers are paying.

Since we don't know his lobster eating habits pre-2009 I don't know what the beef is.

linda22003
08-30-2010, 12:36 PM
If the taxpayers are paying for his vacation meals, then he's doing them a favor. Lobster's a lot cheaper than angus ribeye at my supermarket. :p

Apache
08-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Actually, I have no idea.

The only reason to care is if he never ate it before he became President. I guess you could then call him a hypocrite since he never reached into his own pocket to eat it but now eats it like it's going extinct because the taxpayers are paying.

Since we don't know his lobster eating habits pre-2009 I don't know what the beef is.

My guess is, because he's a #&$%ng hypocrite. Wanting us to cut back while he ramps up. What the hell, i mean we little people can take it, right?

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:00 PM

Because you and I are paying for them to eat it while some of us are eating Box Mac-n-Cheese.

linda22003
08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Because you and I are paying for them to eat it while some of us are eating Box Mac-n-Cheese.

Speak for yourself. That boxed stuff is foul.
You also know perfectly well that if they WERE eating that crap they'd be criticized for not supporting the local economy and the lobstermen! :)

NJCardFan
08-30-2010, 01:09 PM

Because we Proles are being told that we need to make sacrifices in these troubling times. You know, for the greater good. Yet these people vacation in Spain and go to Martha's Vineyard and eat lobster every night. This is where the "let them eat cake" reference comes from.

linda22003
08-30-2010, 01:10 PM
I haven't heard that we're supposed to make sacrifices. I thought we were still supposed to go shopping to support the economy. At least you can't accuse me of vacationing in Spain (it's the Greek Islands, this year).

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Speak for yourself. That boxed stuff is foul.
You also know perfectly well that if they WERE eating that crap they'd be criticized for not supporting the local economy and the lobstermen! :)

1 - I don't eat the stuff either. Do you even pay attention to other threads?? :p

2 - He can support local Maratha's Vineyard industry by eating FISH.

3 - He shouldn't even be on his SIXTH vacation of the year in one of the most hoity-toity destinations in America while we're in such economic straights. It always cracks me up that the left cried about Bush going to Camp David or to his ranch in Crawford and calling that vacation time. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
08-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I haven't heard that we're supposed to make sacrifices. I thought we were still supposed to go shopping to support the economy.
The sacrifices are in the form of higher taxes for Obamacare and cap&tax and other social programs. Not to mention that we have unemployment hovering at about 10% and such. Oh, and did I mention that the taxpayers are paying for these lobster dinners? Hell, even GWB ate pretzels. Tried to at least.

linda22003
08-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I've never participated in left or right criticism of presidential vacations. The White House is wherever he is, and he's on duty if he needs to be.
Seriously, you need to get over the lobster thing. It was $7.99 at my market last week, down from $8.99. People who think it's an exotic treat either live in Nebraska or think it's something ritzy to have on a Carnival cruise.
Holy crap, they're only $4.98 at Wholey's, in your neck of the woods. Even you can afford 'em! :)
http://www.wholey.com/sucrfe7.html

As to the rest, it's "Martha's", not "Maratha's".
It's "straits", not "straights".
I've decided to believe you're not really a teacher; it would be too depressing if it were true.

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't eat lobster myself. I find the concept of consuming a creature who's closest living land relative is the cockraoch a bit disgusting.

linda22003
08-30-2010, 01:28 PM
More for me, then.

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:28 PM
More for me, then.

and you elitist friend Barry. :p

linda22003
08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't know if he's an elitist. He's no friend of mine due to his policies, but I don't give a shit what he has for dinner.

Zafod
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
If the taxpayers are paying for his vacation meals, then he's doing them a favor. Lobster's a lot cheaper than angus ribeye at my supermarket. :p

not mine......

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't know if he's an elitist. He's no friend of mine due to his policies, but I don't give a shit what he has for dinner.

I guess I would only be interested if he got fat or if it came out that Michelle was bulimic.