PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Honor

Jfor
08-28-2010, 10:48 AM
For those of you not abe to make it to DC like me, you watch it either on Facebook or Cspan.

marv
08-28-2010, 10:51 AM
It's on C-SPAN right now........9:50AM CDT..........

SaintLouieWoman
08-28-2010, 10:58 AM
For those of you not abe to make it to DC like me, you watch it either on Facebook or Cspan.

Thanks for the reminder. Will watch it. Wish we could have been there and hope he gets a huge turnout.

Jfor
08-28-2010, 11:01 AM
There is over 150,000 watching on facebook and the amount of people there looks to be at least equal to the 9/12 rally.

bijou
08-28-2010, 11:04 AM
You can follow it here too
http://www.ustream.tv/restoringhonor#utm_campaigne=synclickback&source

Gingersnap
08-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Wait a minute! I was told this was a rally for bitter, clinging white racists but just now I saw a bunch of black people addressing the crowd to huge applause. :confused:

BadCat
08-28-2010, 12:28 PM
You can follow it here too
http://www.ustream.tv/restoringhonor#utm_campaigne=synclickback&source

124000+ viewers on that one.

Some moonbats are posting comments...what a bunch of communists they are.

BadCat
08-28-2010, 12:45 PM
126433 viewers on that feed now.

BadCat
08-28-2010, 01:06 PM
128230 now.

Wei Wu Wei
08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Wait a minute! I was told this was a rally for bitter, clinging white racists but just now I saw a bunch of black people addressing the crowd to huge applause. :confused:

lol

yes i'm not a racist either. you see, i have a black friend....

Wei Wu Wei
watched this whole thing with my significant other and a friend.

hilarious all around, not as spectacular as we expected, funny though,

PoliCon
lol

You are such a fucktard. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 01:23 PM

are you finally admitting that you're ghey?

Wei Wu Wei
08-28-2010, 01:23 PM
You are such a fucktard. :rolleyes:

hot damn policon, where do you keep coming up with such insightful, interesting, funny, and especially original comments like this one?

so unique, like a snowflake, policon, you amaze us all.

Wei Wu Wei
08-28-2010, 01:24 PM
are you finally admitting that you're ghey?

i'm sorry to break your heart pal, but i'm not. ;) good luck elsewhere tho

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 01:24 PM
hot damn policon, where do you keep coming up with such insightful, interesting, funny, and especially original comments like this one?

so unique, like a snowflake, policon, you amaze us all.

and yet you are still a fucktard.

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/the_tards_come_marching_one_by_one_tra_laa_tra_laa _trollcat.jpg

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 01:25 PM
i'm sorry to break your heart pal, but i'm not. ;) good luck elsewhere tho

Straight men do not refer to their WIVES or GIRLFRIENDS as significant others. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Tell you what wee wee - when you start posting things that involve actual thought - I'll stop pointing out that you're a fucktard. How's that?

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I'll bet that while Beck's rally spent all it's time trying to build people up - Sharptons rally spent all it's time tearing people down. A fundamental difference between the right and the left.

Gingersnap
08-28-2010, 01:39 PM
lol

Good One! Like we believe you have any friends. LOL!

But back to Beck. So, the fact that he has diverse speakers at this event and the fact that the crowd was enthusiastic about what they had to say is some kind of confirmation of racism? How does that work?

marv
08-28-2010, 01:40 PM
wee wee's "significant other" said he thought is was really pretty good....:p

CueSi
08-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Good One! Like we believe you have any friends. LOL!

But back to Beck. So, the fact that he has diverse speakers at this event and the fact that the crowd was enthusiastic about what they had to say is some kind of confirmation of racism? How does that work?

Because it's Beck, Ginger.

~QC

Zathras
08-28-2010, 04:40 PM

You must have had it tuned into the Sharpton rally because your description of what you were watching was nowhere close to the rally that Beck and friends held. Of course you , being a liberal, would be blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to the truth.

fettpett
08-28-2010, 07:07 PM
I was waiting to see if someone had a thread about it today. Here's a article about it

WASHINGTON Conservative commentator Glenn Beck and tea party champion Sarah Palin appealed Saturday to a vast, predominantly white crowd on the National Mall to help restore traditional American values and honor Martin Luther King's message. Civil rights leaders who accused the group of hijacking King's legacy held their own rally and march.

While Beck billed his event as nonpolitical, conservative activists said their show of strength was a clear sign that they can swing elections because much of the country is angry with what many voters call an out-of-touch Washington.

Palin told the tens of thousands who stretched from the marble steps of the Lincoln Memorial to the grass of the Washington Monument that calls to transform the country weren't enough. "We must restore America and restore her honor," said the former Alaska governor, echoing the name of the rally, "Restoring Honor."

Palin, the GOP vice presidential nominee in 2008 and a potential White House contender in 2012, and Beck repeatedly cited King and made references to the Founding Fathers. Beck put a heavy religious cast on nearly all his remarks, sounding at times like an evangelical preacher.

"Something beyond imagination is happening," he said. "America today begins to turn back to God."

Beck exhorted the crowd to "recognize your place to the creator. Realize that he is our king. He is the one who guides and directs our life and protects us." He asked his audience to pray more. "I ask, not only if you would pray on your knees, but pray on your knees but with your door open for your children to see," he said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_dc_rally

hazlnut
08-29-2010, 06:19 AM
I heard it was a bizarre hodgepodge of religious generalities and vague ideas about getting back to God.

But isn't worshiping God kind of a personal thing? Why does Glenn Beck want the Government involved in that? And specifically, the Christian God.

What about all the other perfectly good Gods out there? Is there no place for them in American politics?

I heard MLK's niece, who was given an honorary doctorate, was rambling and making odd comparisons to her Uncle. Ironically, her uncle was fighting for social justice for blacks and minorities, but today there was a clear message at the rally that those in attendance wanted freedom from one particular black man (who Glenn Beck called a racist.)

I guess it wasn't the train wreck I thought it would be. Of course a teabagger w/o his signs is like a grand wizard w/o his hood.

My only response would be, fiscal responsibility, yes fine... Old time religion, keep it in Sunday school.

And, last comment -- Did GB say something about we need to find Jesus? Not very inclusive. Is that called medium sized tent GOP party? Oops, sorry, shhh... this was not the GOP.... It was the Honor reclaimers.

Sonnabend
08-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Of course a teabagger w/o his signs is like a grand wizard w/o his hood. http://writewingpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/kkk-byrd.jpg?w=249&h=398

Which party was this guy again? Which party filibustered the Civil Rights Act? Which party FOUNDED the KKK?

Why does Glenn Beck want the Government involved in that? And specifically, the Christian God.
O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Here endeth the lesson.

malloc
08-29-2010, 09:21 AM
lol

I'm not a racist either, you see, I don't have many black friends, I do however have a few "Dark Green Marines" who I call brother, and they aren't friends to me, they aren't even "they", we are family, which turns "they" into "we". You can play the race card over and over again, you won't ever drive a wedge between Cpl. Brown or SSgt. Escarsega and I. You need to admit to yourself that the only reason you ever play the race card is to drive home an ideological point, and that in itself is racial exploitation. In your own mind, you sit on some political high horse, looking down on us proletariats, and you immediately divide us into groups without any real thought, because your indoctrination knows no other way of viewing a group of people. You need to realize that you are the one that is mentally disadvantaged in this regard. You see physical difference in color as a handicap which must be compensated for by force. I see nothing but friends, family, and a warm environment. Who's afraid of "dark skinned" people again?

To me, when I go to a barbecue with my brothers, race never comes up. We drink beer, we grill meat, our kids play and annoy the hell out of us. We embrace this as good and right, we don't even talk about race because there is nothing to talk about. The blacks and hispanics, who I call friend and brother, know I will stand with them no matter the circumstance or cost, and I know they'll do the same likewise. You can look at us as Uncle Tom and Master, you can look at us as if we were three different "groups". You can look at us however the hell you wish, we don't care a whit, and you will find a surprise or two when we all ridicule you as a complete dumbass.

So, tell me, am I a racist? Are my brothers Uncle's Tom? By being my friends are they race traitors? Should they be 'against' me? Should they team up to oust "whitey" from their lives? Are they bad people for being extremely close friends with me? I know, without a shadow of a doubt, you mentally answered all these questions with a "yes", which is precisely what makes you mentally damaged. It makes you a Mark I, Mod 0 racist, but you'll never admit it. You aren't tolerant, you just want everyone confined to your pre-concieved proper role and place, and when they aren't confined to your imagined proper role and place, you seek ways to confine them, and that is the opposite of tolerant.

You really are a sad, little, ineffectual bigot, with illusions of grandeur aren't you?

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 09:26 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/91ced582-e435-41f3-aa10-3126b182a946.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo290/mindyobeeznis/srsly.jpg

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 09:28 AM
http://writewingpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/kkk-byrd.jpg?w=249&h=398

Which party was this guy again? Which party filibustered the Civil Rights Act? Which party FOUNDED the KKK?

Here endeth the lesson.

Satanicus is just running with the talking points. Hell - it's safe to assume that if you look on around the net you will find that identical rant posted in lots of places.

Odysseus
08-29-2010, 11:20 AM
lol
And you enthusiastically applaud when he tells you that you're an idiot?

I heard it was a bizarre hodgepodge of religious generalities and vague ideas about getting back to God.

But isn't worshiping God kind of a personal thing? Why does Glenn Beck want the Government involved in that? And specifically, the Christian God.

What about all the other perfectly good Gods out there? Is there no place for them in American politics?

I heard MLK's niece, who was given an honorary doctorate, was rambling and making odd comparisons to her Uncle. Ironically, her uncle was fighting for social justice for blacks and minorities, but today there was a clear message at the rally that those in attendance wanted freedom from one particular black man (who Glenn Beck called a racist.)

I guess it wasn't the train wreck I thought it would be. Of course a teabagger w/o his signs is like a grand wizard w/o his hood.

My only response would be, fiscal responsibility, yes fine... Old time religion, keep it in Sunday school.

And, last comment -- Did GB say something about we need to find Jesus? Not very inclusive. Is that called medium sized tent GOP party? Oops, sorry, shhh... this was not the GOP.... It was the Honor reclaimers.

The operative words there are "I heard," rather than "I saw." In other words, you didn't actually watch any of it, you just got secondhand information from like-minded lefties, so that you didn't have to sully your pristine mind with impure thoughts. You pick up your news in an echo chamber and then repeat it without bothering to see if it's actually true. And then you have gall to complain about how we act on faith alone?

BadCat
08-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Honor is something you and your ilk know nothing about, and therefore, should keep your mouths shut regarding the subject.

NJCardFan
08-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Of course a teabagger w/o his signs is like a grand wizard w/o his hood.

Blah, blah, blah. Is this all you do is parrot liberal talking points? You do know that the KKK was the muscle for the Democratic Party, right? You do know that white Republicans were being lynched right along side blacks, right? You do know that it was the Democratic Party that stonewalled every, and that's every civil rights bill or act proposed for the better part of 200 years, right? You are such a typical leftist that it's really sad. You take a few talking points here and there and parrot the without once doing any fact checking. But you are right about one thing, there was a "hodgepodge" at yesterdays rally. It was a mixture of people. This is what we do. We include everyone. We are all Americans. We don't hyphenate. We don't exclude. This is leftist ideology, not ours.

CueSi
08-29-2010, 01:41 PM

Kiss my black ass.

~QC

Odysseus
08-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Is this all you do is parrot liberal talking points? You do know that the KKK was the muscle for the Democratic Party, right? You do know that white Republicans were being lynched right along side blacks, right? You do know that it was the Democratic Party that stonewalled every, and that's every civil rights bill or act proposed for the better part of 200 years, right? You are such a typical leftist that it's really sad. You take a few talking points here and there and parrot the without once doing any fact checking. But you are right about one thing, there was a "hodgepodge" at yesterdays rally. It was a mixture of people. This is what we do. We include everyone. We are all Americans. We don't hyphenate. We don't exclude. This is leftist ideology, not ours.
Hazlnuts is a journalist. By his own admission, he belongs to a "profession" that specializes in repeating talking points and shaping the news to conform to a specific outlook. Maybe he wasn't one of the anointed elite who contributed to JournoList, but he is certainly repeating the mantra. Give him no more credence than you would give the rest of the media.

Kiss my black ass.

~QC
That's the best offer he's going to get. :D

CueSi
08-29-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm just sick of liberals trying that debunked Tea Partier=Racist bullshyt. Ranks up there with forced outing and equating disagreement w/ LBGT to homophobia as aintshyt tactics that get me pissed off.

~QC

Odysseus
08-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm just sick of liberals trying that debunked Tea Partier=Racist bullshyt. Ranks up there with forced outing and equating disagreement w/ LBGT to homophobia as aintshyt tactics that get me pissed off.

~QC

There's an old saying among lawyers: "If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If neither is on your side, pound on the table." Liberals cannot stand toe to toe in an open debate, because they will lose. Instead, they use invective, insults and repetition of lies. Notice how every post Hazlnut had presented has been nothing but pejoratives. Nothing substantive, just insults and assumptions of base motives. The leaders who oppose the mosque are assumed to be demagogues, while the rank and file are fools and bigots. The people who attended the rally yesterday are "teabaggers" (an insulting and obscene term, which he cannot be ignorant of), while those who addressed them were rambling or incoherent. There is no room in his world view for a rational opposition to the mosque, or a rational patriotism that doesn't assume the worst about America. His entire world view comes from a few sources, which repeat the same talking points. Hazlnut writes from L.A., where he gets his news from the hyper-partisan LA Times, so he never gets the opposing opinion, unless he comes here, and then he is too busy telling us what we think to listen. He's everything that's wrong with the left, and he doesn't even know it.

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Hazlnuts is a journalist. By his own admission, he belongs to a "profession" that specializes in repeating talking points and shaping the news to conform to a specific outlook. Maybe he wasn't one of the anointed elite who contributed to JournoList, but he is certainly repeating the mantra. Give him no more credence than you would give the rest of the media.

That's the best offer he's going to get. :D

hazlnut is no journalist.

Odysseus
08-29-2010, 08:28 PM
hazlnut is no journalist.

He claims that he is. He's certainly got the contempt and bias down.

Rockntractor
08-29-2010, 08:33 PM
He claims that he is. He's certainly got the contempt and bias down.

Hazelnut's posts are not the same as before he quit posting a year ago, the personality has somehow changed.
I think he gave the account to someone else. he mocked a Holocaust survivor in a recent post and the old Hazel would not have done that.

Odysseus
08-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Hazelnut's posts are not the same as before he quit posting a year ago, the personality has somehow changed.
I think he gave the account to someone else. he mocked a Holocaust survivor in a recent post and the old Hazel would not have done that.

You may be right, but ultimately, I'm not sure that it makes a difference. He's certainly become nastier, but it's hard to say that he hasn't just become more deranged as his liberal idols have demonstrated their fallibility and feet of clay. Or, as you suspect, he could have turned the account over to someone else, but in that case, I still hold him responsible for what is posted here in his name. Either way, he's definitely become more of a tool than he used to be.

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Beck's rally wasn't about government - it was a call to return honor to a place in daily life. Obviously, if your daily life takes place in the public arena, that call would extend to your behavior on behalf of the public but the behavior of politicians was not what this event was about. It was about the military and about ordinary people. People who do not directly set the laws in Washington.

It was Christian because that is the cultural and historical inheritance of this country and it is the nominal religion of the vast majority of people in this country. The call to honor wasn't confined to Christians.

You're confused because your side and your friends can't imagine an event discussing values that is not hyper-political. You simply don't have any direct experience of analyzing and discussing values and ethics outside a secular political framework.

Don't impose your own limitations on the efforts of others.

Lager
08-30-2010, 11:07 AM

Do you realize, your token response to conservative ideals as "racist" shows you capable of only limited thought? It's trite, it's borrowed, it's offpoint and it's getting boring to keep reading it from you cookie cutter libs who post here.

Are any of you able to form an opinion that isn't repeated over and over from a thousand clones of du all over the internet? Are any of you capable of original thought or defense of your ideas?

Rebel Yell
08-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Satanicus is just running with the talking points. Hell - it's safe to assume that if you look on around the net you will find that identical rant posted in lots of places.

Wasn't he the one that originally came here pretending to be black? I thought blackface was a big no no.

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Wasn't he the one that originally came here pretending to be black? I thought blackface was a big no no.

Yup - and Hazlnut came here pretending to be a conservative. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Back's rally wasn't about government - it was a call to return honor to a place in daily life. Obviously, if your daily life takes place in the public arena, that call would extend to your behavior on behalf of the public but the behavior of politicians was not what this event was about. It was about the military and about ordinary people. People who do not directly set the laws in Washington.

It was Christian because that is the cultural and historical inheritance of this country and it is the nominal religion of the vast majority of people in this country. The call to honor wasn't confined to Christians.

You're confused because your side and your friends can't imagine an event discussing values that is not hyper-political. You simply don't have any direct experience of analyzing and discussing values and ethics outside a secular political framework.

Don't impose your own limitations on the efforts of others.

You better fix that before Linda sees it . . . ;)

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
You better fix that before Linda sees it . . . ;)

I'm sure she's seen it and I did fix it, although not before you pointed it out. :p

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm sure she's seen it and I did fix it, although not before you pointed it out. :p

Just trying to save you from her ire. ;)

hazlnut
08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Do you realize, your token response to conservative ideals as "racist" shows you capable of only limited thought? It's trite, it's borrowed, it's offpoint and it's getting boring to keep reading it from you cookie cutter libs who post here.

Are any of you able to form an opinion that isn't repeated over and over from a thousand clones of du all over the internet? Are any of you capable of original thought or defense of your ideas?

See, I went to the first ever Tea Party rally in my area way back in April 2009 -- I'm all for a more responsible use of tax dollars, limiting the size and scope of the Fed, but the people I encountered at that rally were all about the 'Tyrant-socialist' Obama.

The statement "we need to take our country back..." begs the question: From Whom? For me it's career politicians and special business interests.

For the majority of the Tea Party, it's the Dems, the Libs, the Progressives, the RINO's... and for some it's the black guy in the White House. That strategy is based on the premise that all Tea Party approved candidates are incorruptible and will bring about change to DC. I'm skeptical.

IMO, the tea party was a good idea hijacked by a variety of people with various objectives. Maybe Saturday was an attempt to regroup and get rid of the negative racist image.

Everything I've seen so far makes it look like a rally without a cause or specific idea. Even people here trying to explain are speaking in broad generalities.

They got a lot of good video of Christians getting together and no inappropriate signs... but does that one event change the make-up of the Tea Party?

And the whole "let's unite" thing felt a little disingenuous given Beck's statements on the Islamic Cultural Center. It seems like the vibe is:

Christians--of course
Jews--okay
Muslims--do we have to??

linda22003
08-30-2010, 02:08 PM
And the whole "let's unite" thing felt a little disingenuous given Beck's statements on the Islamic Cultural Center. It seems like the vibe is:

Christians--of course
Jews--okay
Muslims--do we have to??

Since you didn't see it, you probably didn't see that at least twice he encouraged people to worship at their "church, or synagogue, or mosque." The first time he said it the audience got very quiet: ".... um, what?" :cool:

hazlnut
08-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Since you didn't see it, you probably didn't see that at least twice he encouraged people to worship at their "church, or synagogue, or mosque." The first time he said it the audience got very quiet: ".... um, what?" :cool:

No, I didn't see the entire show, and that's a fair point.

But that tone is somewhat contradictory to his tone on the Cultural Center a few weeks back. -- and it's a pretty broad and generalized statement.

Has he said: Let's no judge an entire religion based on the actions of its extreme elements... (maybe he did)... but my point is under the theme of unite, that would be a good place to start.

Lager
08-30-2010, 02:23 PM
See, I went to the first ever Tea Party rally in my area way back in April 2009 -- I'm all for a more responsible use of tax dollars, limiting the size and scope of the Fed, but the people I encountered at that rally were all about the 'Tyrant-socialist' Obama.

The statement "we need to take our country back..." begs the question: From Whom? For me it's career politicians and special business interests.

For the majority of the Tea Party, it's the Dems, the Libs, the Progressives, the RINO's... and for some it's the black guy in the White House. That strategy is based on the premise that all Tea Party approved candidates are incorruptible and will bring about change to DC. I'm skeptical.

IMO, the tea party was a good idea hijacked by a variety of people with various objectives. Maybe Saturday was an attempt to regroup and get rid of the negative racist image.

Everything I've seen so far makes it look like a rally without a cause or specific idea. Even people here trying to explain are speaking in broad generalities.

They got a lot of good video of Christians getting together and no inappropriate signs... but does that one event change the make-up of the Tea Party?

Christians--of course
Jews--okay
Muslims--do we have to??

No movement ever stays pure, especially as it grows in popularity. So whatever types want to jump on the bandwagon, usually begin to tag along. I'm not an expert on the movement and haven't been to a rally. I take you at your word that you have.

What I tend to see, is a kind of jealousy on the left, that they can't seem to jumpstart a grass roots organization that takes on critical mass and grows to this level. That's why you see attacks of racism and disputes on attendance figures. You cherry pick racist attributes and attribute them to the whole movement. Sure, there may be people who simply have issues with Obama because of his color. Most are as the posters here; we simply feel he's a far left leaning, inexperienced President, who is making decisions that we feel are detrimental to this country.

It may seem like a rally without a cause or specific idea, but at least it's a start. Some times you have to first get the troops rallied and ready to listen. Get them active.

Why, in your view, do you have to be accepting of every idea and be non-judgemental to be considered "inclusive"? If a speaker talks about getting back to traditional American values and ideals that are a big part of who we are, who we will become and what made us strong, then that can imply to everyone; Jews, Christians, Muslims, Blacks, Whites etc.
But it's inherent that the concept would not include those who attack those values, or want to denigrate them or our country in general.

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 02:45 PM

But that tone is somewhat contradictory to his tone on the Cultural Center a few weeks back. -- and it's a pretty broad and generalized statement.

Has he said: Let's no judge an entire religion based on the actions of its extreme elements... (maybe he did)... but my point is under the theme of unite, that would be a good place to start.

A good start for what? This rally wasn't a political campaign; there was no 10 step plan to clean house in November or to right the fiscal wrongs of an era. It wasn't a call for a new Crusade. It wasn't a left-style apology tour for religion, culture, or history. It was a rally to get people talking about traditional American values - particularly truth and honor in daily life.

Every event doesn't have to include specific outreach to specific groups or specific apologies to specific groups. Sometimes an event can just be about the actual content without that.

Odysseus
08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Yes, it is. And yet, that didn't stop you from characterizing the event as "a bizarre hodgepodge of religious generalities and vague ideas about getting back to God" or attacking MLK's niece for "rambling and making odd comparisons to her Uncle." and claiming that "there was a clear message at the rally that those in attendance wanted freedom from one particular black man (who Glenn Beck called a racist.)" and calling those who attended "teabagger[s], who "w/o his signs is like a grand wizard w/o his hood." In other words, based on a minimal awareness of the event you were ready to smear everyone in attendance as bigots, just as you have smeared everyone who opposes the ground zero mosque as bigots.

Now that the media no longer has the power to tell the vast majority of people what to think, you've decided to tell us what we think, on the assumption that you know us better than we know ourselves. We're tired of your contempt.

Arroyo_Doble
08-30-2010, 03:01 PM
It was a rally to get people talking about traditional American values - particularly truth and honor in daily life.

Then all I can say is Physician, heal thy self.

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Then all I can say is Physician, heal thy self.

Isn't that what he has been doing? :confused: He was a drunk and a liar and he destroyed a lot of trust from a lot of good people for a long time.

He's been reforming himself and paying back for years now. Is part of that also holding the "correct" political values? I mean, you do all your 12 step stuff, you hemorrhage your finances to charity, you make everyone around you vow to take your head off if you just start kind of lying a little bit, you go out of your way to remove yourself the things that made you stumble before, and then you use your platform to encourage others to do similar things in their own lives and that's still not enough?

Tough crowd. :rolleyes:

Arroyo_Doble
08-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Isn't that what he has been doing? :confused: He was a drunk and a liar and he destroyed a lot of trust from a lot of good people for a long time.

He's been reforming himself and paying back for years now. Is part of that also holding the "correct" political values? I mean, you do all your 12 step stuff, you hemorrhage your finances to charity, you make everyone around you vow to take your head off if you just start kind of lying a little bit, you go out of your way to remove yourself the things that made you stumble before, and then you use your platform to encourage others to do similar things in their own lives and that's still not enough?

Tough crowd. :rolleyes:

Sideshow barkers and political hucksters selling outrage, fear, and ignorance are not in any position to discuss "honor" no matter how much hooch they claimed to have poured down the drain, Ginger.

Odysseus
08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Sideshow barkers and political hucksters selling outrage, fear, and ignorance are not in any position to discuss "honor" no matter how much hooch they claimed to have poured down the drain, Ginger.

Perhaps you should examine your own side of the aisle before you pass judgement. Something about people in glass houses and all that...

JB
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Sideshow barkers and political hucksters selling outrage, fear, and ignorance are not in any position to discuss "honor" no matter how much hooch they claimed to have poured down the drain, Ginger.But adulterers, klansmen, 2nd degree murderers and crackheads can have a place in representative government.

Fascinating.

Apache
08-30-2010, 04:50 PM

Mr. Beck has had a checkered past, he has also owned up to that past. That is is honor. How many on your side of the aisle can say the same?

jediab
08-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Nice job! You just described every libtard that has ever lived.

Arroyo_Doble
08-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Perhaps you should examine your own side of the aisle before you pass judgement. Something about people in glass houses and all that...

Side? I am on nobody's side. Because nobody is on my side, little Orc.

hazlnut
08-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Why, in your view, do you have to be accepting of every idea and be non-judgemental to be considered "inclusive"? If a speaker talks about getting back to traditional American values and ideals that are a big part of who we are, who we will become and what made us strong, then that can imply to everyone; Jews, Christians, Muslims, Blacks, Whites etc.

Fair question. It seems like he is pitching a new big tent idea -- trying to draw younger Catholics and Evangelicals back into the Social-Con fold. I'd say that's more semi-inclusive.

No movement is going to be all-inclusive, but if you start with the idea of fiscal conservatism and government responsibility, which is what I understood the Tea Party to be about, then cut to: several rally's later and you've got birthers, anti-abortion people, or any type of family values folks, you're pretty much back to the GOP (under a new banner).--this is how it looked up to now.

Now the new version 8/28 is trying to distance itself from all of that by focusing on some general ideas of traditional American religious values and principals. But what happened to just telling Gov, stop taxing us so much and then misspending our money on wars and bailouts?? That was what I was all for!

If the notion is to cut back on Fed power and authority, you can't have people saying: "Oh, and while you're at it, can we regulate peoples' personal lives base on a moral codes found in the Bible and move the country back to our Christian roots."

Less Gov means less restrictions -- any faith becoming more apart of how we govern is going to be restrictive. (e.g. traditional marriage = man and woman)

But it's inherent that the concept would not include those who attack those values, or want to denigrate them or our country in general.

I don't see mainstream American Muslims as meeting that criteria at all.

CueSi
08-30-2010, 08:02 PM

I know we're not supposed to judge, but . . .yeah, I think you're full of shit. :)

~QC

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I know we're not supposed to judge, but . . .yeah, I think you're full of shit. :)

~QC

Gee - that's such an "out there" conclusion. What ever gave you that idea? ;)

Odysseus
08-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Perhaps if you tried deodorant?

Less Gov means less restrictions -- any faith becoming more apart of how we govern is going to be restrictive. (e.g. traditional marriage = man and woman)
Less government means less intrusion by government into matters that are none of its business, like redefining marriage to please a small group of radical zealots.

I don't see mainstream American Muslims as meeting that criteria at all.
Only because you willfully refuse to see it. Let's do a little test: Which of the following mainstream American values is compatible with Sharia?

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Religion
Equal protection of the laws
Trial by Jury
Limited Government
Consensual Government

If you said any of the above, you're wrong. Mainstream Islam, as defined by the Grand Imam of Al Azhar University in Cairo, which is to Islam as the Vatican is to Catholicism, explicitly denounces man-made law as blasphemy against Allah. Free speech? Nope. Blasphemy, especially if critical of Islam. Freedom of religion? Nope. Unbelievers have no rights under Sharia, except those granted by their rulers. Equal protection of the laws? Not for unbelievers or women. Trial by jury? Not in a Sharia court. Limited government? Sharia governs everything that a Muslims does, 24/7. Consensual government? Ask the Iranians how that's worked out for them.

You are willfully blind to the dangers that are coming.

hazlnut
08-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Only because you willfully refuse to see it. Let's do a little test: Which of the following mainstream American values is compatible with Sharia?

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Religion
Equal protection of the laws
Trial by Jury
Limited Government
Consensual Government

If you said any of the above, you're wrong. Mainstream Islam, as defined by the Grand Imam of Al Azhar University in Cairo, which is to Islam as the Vatican is to Catholicism, explicitly denounces man-made law as blasphemy against Allah. Free speech? Nope. Blasphemy, especially if critical of Islam. Freedom of religion? Nope. Unbelievers have no rights under Sharia, except those granted by their rulers. Equal protection of the laws? Not for unbelievers or women. Trial by jury? Not in a Sharia court. Limited government? Sharia governs everything that a Muslims does, 24/7. Consensual government? Ask the Iranians how that's worked out for them.

You are willfully blind to the dangers that are coming.

These notions that you have about mainstream American muslims only exist in your mind and not in reality.

That type of paranoia and fear has lead to a number acts of vandalism over the weekend, including setting fire to equipment at a work site.

It's an ugly side of America--fear and prejudice.

Jfor
08-31-2010, 12:18 AM
TBlah blah blah... Americans are bad, everyone else is good.

Interpreted the liberal speak for ya.

Odysseus
08-31-2010, 10:36 AM
These notions that you have about mainstream American muslims only exist in your mind and not in reality.

That type of paranoia and fear has lead to a number acts of vandalism over the weekend, including setting fire to equipment at a work site.

It's an ugly side of America--fear and prejudice.

Once again, you resort to insult instead of substantive argument. When you are done calling everyone who disagrees with you paranoid and racist, perhaps you'll actually read the facts that you're willfully ignoring.

The "community center" (why can't you admit that it is a mosque?) that you support has a specific function in the global jihad, but since you won't take my word for it, take the words of those who are funding it (http://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/misc/20.pdf):

Understanding the role and the nature of work of "The Islamic Center" in every city
with what achieves the goal of the process of settlement:
The center we seek is the one which constitutes the "axis" of our Movement, the "perimeter" of
the circle of our work, our "balance center", the "base" for our rise and our "Dar al-Arqam" to
educate us, prepare us and supply our battalions in addition to being the "niche" of our prayers.

This is in order for the Islamic center to turn - in action not in words - into a seed "for a small
Islamic society" which is a reflection and a mirror to our central organizations. The center ought
to turn into a "beehive" which produces sweet honey. Thus, the Islamic center would turn into a
place for study, family, battalion, course, seminar, visit, sport, school, social club, women
gathering, kindergarten for male and female youngsters, the office of the domestic political
resolution, and the center for distributing our newspapers, magazines, books and our audio and
visual tapes.
In brief we say: we would like for the Islamic center to become "The House of Dawa"' and "the
general center" in deeds first before name. As much as we own and direct these centers at the
continent level, we can say we are marching successfully towards the settlement of Dawa' in this
country.
Meaning that the "center's" role should be the same as the "mosque's" role during the time of
God's prophet, God's prayers and peace be upon him, when he marched to "settle" the Dawa' in
its first generation in Madina. from the mosque, he drew the Islamic life and provided to the
world the most magnificent and fabulous civilization humanity knew.
This mandates that, eventually, the region, the branch and the Usra turn into "operations rooms"
for planning, direction, monitoring and leadership for the Islamic center in order to be a role
model to be followed.

And what is the goal of this activity? What the Muslim Brothers refer to as "Settlement":

The Concept of Settlement:
4- Understanding the role of the Muslim Brother in North America:
The process of settlement is a "Civilization-Jihadist Process" with all the word means. The Ikhwan must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions. Without this level of understanding, we are not up to this challenge and have not prepared ourselves for Jihad yet. It is a Muslim's destiny to perform Jihad and work wherever he is and wherever he lands until the final hour comes, and there is no escape from that destiny except for those who chose to slack. But, would the slackers and the Mujahedeen be equal.
5- Understanding that we cannot perform the settlement mission by ourselves or away from people:
A mission as significant and as huge as the settlement mission needs magnificent and exhausting efforts. With their capabilities, human, financial and scientific resources, the Ikhwan will not be able to carry out this mission alone or away from people and he who believes that is wrong, and God knows best. As for the role of the Ikhwan, it is the initiative, pioneering, leadership, raising the banner and pushing people in that direction. They are then to work to employ, direct and unify Muslims' efforts and powers for this process. In order to do that, we must possess a mastery of the art of "coalitions", the art of "absorption" and the principles of "cooperation".

The Ground Zero Mosque imam, Rauf, is a member of several Muslim Brotherhood fronts, including the Islamic Society of North America and the International Institute of Islamic Thought, both unindicted co-conspirators in the Holy Land terrorism trial, in which their funneling of money to Hamas was documented by the Justice Dept., which may explain Rauf's reticence when asked if Hamas is a terrorist group.

It's easy to call someone names, and stick your fingers in your ears, but until you actually reply to what I'm writing instead of the straw man that you've constructed, you won't have anything to add to the discussion.