PDA

View Full Version : Either Beck Has Pulled A Fast One On His Followers Or On Us......

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Yikes, the luv for Glenn is intense at DU!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9032852) God knows how many threads the morons will start today. :D

global1 (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-28-10 12:06 PM
Original message Either Beck Has Pulled A Fast One On His Followers Or On Us......

Edited on Sat Aug-28-10 12:09 PM by global1
he just gave a tribute to MLK and now a niece of MLK is speaking. When he was introducing her he said something about her father and her uncle and at first I thought he was going to introduce Caroline Kennedy.

I'm thinking that a large portion of those that came out to D.C. for this rally are starting to have second thoughts about having come. I'm wondering if any are leaving now before this ends. I'm thinking a large portion of this crowd expected it to be a rip roaring political rally and it really isn't. I'm a little bit perplexed by what I've seen and listened to so far of this rally. It has a very religious revival feeling in its make-up.

Another thought I've had listening to this on C-SPAN - if any of you have ever visited Temple Square in Salt Lake City - it is the seat of the Mormon religion - the way Beck is presenting this today and what he is saying has the tone of all the recorded messages one hears when they are touring the exhibits at Temple Square.

I'm also wondering if he is handling out apple pie in the crowd. He's had a couple of mother's (including Palin) and a baseball player speak. What do they say about Mom, Baseball and Apple Pie?

Just some observations so far.

The other thought that I had was that they just coined Sarah Palin's 2010 campaign slogan - Restore America.

I'm thinking this is a grab to recruit a lot of Black Americans for the cause.

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 12:26 PM
he just gave a tribute to MLK and now a niece of MLK is speaking. When he was introducing her he said something about her father and her uncle and at first I thought he was going to introduce Caroline Kennedy.

I'm thinking that a large portion of those that came out to D.C. for this rally are starting to have second thoughts about having come. I'm wondering if any are leaving now before this ends. I'm thinking a large portion of this crowd expected it to be a rip roaring political rally and it really isn't. I'm a little bit perplexed by what I've seen and listened to so far of this rally. It has a very religious revival feeling in its make-up.

SO what you're saying is he's making the rally exactly about he said it would be about for MONTHS??? If you stupid fucks would actually listen to him and what he says instead of running with the bullshit his detractors make up you might actually start thinking for yourselves. :rolleyes:

bijou
08-28-2010, 12:27 PM
I like the way that global needs to reassure us that he's thinking, because there's no evidence of it so far. :D

warpig
08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Interesting that they think of us as "followers".

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Interesting that they think of us as "followers".

true - as the blindly follow themselves. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
08-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Everybody (aside from the DUmp) knew exactly what this rally was about, who (more or less) would be speaking, and what the topics were. Also, Beck told everybody over and over that there would be RELIGION involved.

Sheesh.

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2010, 12:54 PM
WOOT!!! Beck is Hitler now!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9033187)

Windy (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-28-10 12:45 PM
Original messagethe adolph hitler of the US. Sorry, but this guy is just NUTS and has a following.

Lets hope the sane outnumber his insane cult followers.

You shit for brains have no clue how fucking stupid you look, do ya????

:rolleyes::D

warpig
08-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Everybody (aside from the DUmp) knew exactly what this rally was about, who (more or less) would be speaking, and what the topics were. Also, Beck told everybody over and over that there would be RELIGION involved.

Sheesh.

They're not used to media types telling the truth.

BadCat
08-28-2010, 12:56 PM

They're commenting like rabid dogs on the Ustream feed.

Anything that bothers them this much is a really good thing.

Gingersnap
08-28-2010, 12:57 PM

That made me laugh out loud! :D

Dan D. Doty
08-28-2010, 01:27 PM
To Moonbats the drama playing their head is more importent then reality.

Fore the last couple of weeks ( at least) Glen Beck told everyone what this rally was going to be about; and the Moonbats didn't believe it.

Now that they see that rally is what Beck said would be, they are upset ... and its some how Glen Beck's fault :rolleyes:

Moonbats tell each other bullsh*t stories about people they don't like ( mostly in the form of bouncies, and proganda) when these stories turn out to be false ... they blame the people whom the lie was told about.

DUers have got break this nasty habit of wanting to hear crap that makes them feel good, and learn instead to except the truth.

The truth serves everyone, while lies only serve the fool who crafted them ... fore a time

marv
08-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Hmmmm, much more of this and it'll be the loony left arguing for the right to concealed carry. Hate? I guess so...they know all about it!

Carol
08-28-2010, 04:56 PM
bushisanidiot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-28-10 12:11 PM
Response to Original message
7. I noticed how unenthusiastic the crowd is when people of color are on stage

The applause is only sparce polite applause.

99% of the people on stage have been people of color and 99% of the crowd is white. They want some red meat thrown at them and they probably paid big bucks to get to that rally. I predict some people will be leaving early or they will revolt.More selective hearing

geek_sabre (585 posts)
Response to Reply #7
11. I think you're exaggerating. Are you physically there?

I'm not hearing a difference on TV.

SnakeEyes (494 posts) Sat Aug-28-10 12:19 PM
Response to Original message
12. I guess...

What Beck kept saying before, that it wasn't going to be an overtly political event, was sorta true. *shrug*