PDA

View Full Version : And this parking enforcement officer jumps out of the bush.....

MountainMan
08-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Jane Hell had staked out the man for months.

She knew his license number and his patterns. Every day, he'd park in the University District with a disability placard hanging from his rearview mirror and head to class on campus. The permit allowed him to park for free all day in one of the city's most congested areas.

It burned her up.

Hell, a parking-enforcement officer, knew the placard wasn't his. It didn't match his plates. But under city law, she could only ticket him once he was behind the wheel because that proved he was the driver.

She knew he'd bolt if he saw her coming. So she hid behind a hedge. And waited.

Seattle Times (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012735051_parkingside27m.html)

I wish I was making this up but no, this is how the Seattle urbanites use their scarce dollars..... :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
08-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Her name is Hell. Need I say more?

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm not sure which I find more contemptable.

m00
08-29-2010, 10:35 AM
I've lived in Seattle. This doesn't surprise me.

noonwitch
08-30-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm kind of with the meter maid on this one. I hate it when people abuse handicapped parking permits. People even do it at work-they'll have a permit for a handicapped spouse or something, then use it at the office, and fill up the handicapped spots so that when a handicapped employee pulls up, there are not parking places left for her.

On the other hand, cops probably do have better things to do with their time. But it is in the University district, and college students and teachers think that they are entitled to park wherever they chose, without buying a parking sticker from the school to park in their lots.

My grandpa has a handicapped tag, because I think being 97 years old and having a valid driver's license makes a person eligible. He only uses it when a parking lot is very full, or when the only regular spots are too small for his Lincoln. He really doesn't mind walking, for the most part, he says it's one of the things that keeps him healthy.

Apache
08-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm kind of with the meter maid on this one. I hate it when people abuse handicapped parking permits. People even do it at work-they'll have a permit for a handicapped spouse or something, then use it at the office, and fill up the handicapped spots so that when a handicapped employee pulls up, there are not parking places left for her.

On the other hand, cops probably do have better things to do with their time. But it is in the University district, and college students and teachers think that they are entitled to park wherever they chose, without buying a parking sticker from the school to park in their lots.

My grandpa has a handicapped tag, because I think being 97 years old and having a valid driver's license makes a person eligible. He only uses it when a parking lot is very full, or when the only regular spots are too small for his Lincoln. He really doesn't mind walking, for the most part, he says it's one of the things that keeps him healthy.

97 and still getting around? Way to go Gramps! :D

Calypso Jones
08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
i'm with neither one. But i do notice a lot of empty handicapped parking places. There should be some controlling authority to go drag these people out of their homes to go shopping so those spots don't sit empty.

perhaps i should have added this. :D

noonwitch
08-31-2010, 11:21 AM
97 and still getting around? Way to go Gramps! :D

Yeah, I'm going to see him this weekend. He still cuts his grass, maintains his house, and sends me emails.