PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

MountainMan
08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
By TODD J. GILLMAN and CHRISTY HOPPE / The Dallas Morning News
tgillman@dallasnews.com
choppe@dallasnews.com

Longtime Dallas congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson has awarded thousands of dollars in college scholarships to four relatives and a top aide's two children since 2005, using foundation funds set aside for black lawmakers' causes.
Eddie Bernice Johnson

The recipients were ineligible under anti-nepotism rules of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, which provided the money. And all of the awards violated a foundation requirement that scholarship winners live or study in a caucus member's district. DallasNewsLink (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/082910dntexcongress.2c049bb.html)

Another crooked democratic congress critter?!?!?!? Im shocked! :eek: She is with the Congressional Black Caucus!!! I'm sure some dastardly, racist Republican is behind this smear!!!!!! :mad:

:rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 07:46 PM
the most ethical congress in history. :rolleyes:

warpig
08-29-2010, 07:58 PM
She's from Dallas, that behavior is all they know over there.

NJCardFan
08-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Huh. Another crooked black Democrat congressperson. Yes, there are crooked white politicians but they're supposed to be the crooked ones, right?

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Huh. Another crooked black Democrat congressperson. Yes, there are crooked white politicians but they're supposed to be the crooked ones, right?

2 things -

1 - why even bring skin color into it?

2 - You're gonna bitch at me about being PC and you use a stupid ass PC term like congressPERSON??? :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
08-29-2010, 11:20 PM
2 things -

1 - why even bring skin color into it?

2 - You're gonna bitch at me about being PC and you use a stupid ass PC term like congressPERSON??? :rolleyes:

3 things:

1-Fuck a duck

2-I always use congressperson to describe a female congress...erm...person. In the same manner I never call a female letter carrier a mailman.

3-Skin color does play into this for several reasons. #1, she's in the Congressional BLACK Caucus. #2, Charile Rangel, someone who is similarly accused, is throwing the race card around as is Maxine Waters. #3, the media is playing up the poor, poor black politician angle. And finally, these are all cronies of the most ethical congress not to mention by the post racial government.

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 11:25 PM
You are so PC. Congressperson. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 11:27 PM
3-Skin color does play into this for several reasons. #1, she's in the Congressional BLACK Caucus. #2, Charile Rangel, someone who is similarly accused, is throwing the race card around as is Maxine Waters. #3, the media is playing up the poor, poor black politician angle. And finally, these are all cronies of the most ethical congress not to mention by the post racial government.Yes - we can all see what the story says. We don't need you to make a point of pouncing on her skin color to know that she's black. I could be wrong - but I don't think anyone here is illiterate. The jury's still out on Bubba but that's besides the issue.