PDA

View Full Version : Picture Sizing

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Folks

Please could you keep an eye on picture sizing when you post images to CU threads. Sometimes a picture is too large to fit within the boundaries of a standard CU thread width, and when posted, throw the formatting of the rest of the thread off, forcing every post subsequent to the oversize to match its frame width to that of the oversize, such that the reader must scroll left and right to read lines of text.

We've all seen it. It's bloody annoying at times.

At my request, Policon will now demonstrate:

Yep, aaaaaaaaannoying, isn't it. As diddlyf**k.

I'm sure I've even posted oversize myself, occasionally. It's more annoying on some browsers than others, but the effect is the same across the board.

All major image hosting providers such as Photobucket provide resizing options to get sizing right. Pbuckt also have recommendation sizes for forum and email image sizing.

Even Microsoft offers some rudimentary resizing options that should work normally, hopefully without blue-screening your PC.

There are other freeware options, such as irfanview (hat tip Sonna) that will do a more specific job.

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:27 PM
THOU SHALT NO RESIZE MEGAN FOX!! :mad:

Otherwise I agree. ;)

linda22003
08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Mengan? Aren't those Japanese comics? :p

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Don't you have someone elses ass to ride?? :p

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Little feller, you shall do as you are told. :p

No part of Megan and her many lovely appendages may occupy more than the width of a standard CU screen, no exceptions.

So let it be written. So let it be done. Or deleted. :D

OK, we probably won't be deleting pics for this, but just be considerate to your fellow CUers, that's all we're asking.

Poli, go and post a really big Megan pic, so folks can see how f'ing annoying it is (the scrolling, not the Megan).

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Don't you have someone elses ass to ride?? :p

You gotta be quicker than that on edit to escape Teh Numbahs.

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Little feller, you shall do as you are told. :p

No part of Megan and her many lovely appendages may occupy more than the width of a standard CU screen, no exceptions.

So let it be written. So let it be done. Or deleted. :D

OK, we probably won't be deleting pics for this, but just be considerate to your fellow CUers, that's all we're asking.

Poli, go and post a really big Megan pic, so folks can see how f'ing annoying it is (the scrolling, not the Megan).

http://www.celebact.com/az/x5/set20/fox04.jpg

I picked a smaller one ;)

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Excellent. Well done, thx, it's only nearly double the permitted width. :rolleyes: Now, see what I mean .................................................. .................................................. .... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......about annoying.

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I also shouldn't have to scroll across to look at that ass. Having to do that in itself was an annoyance. It really got in the way of what should have been a really good experience.

Even on a Mac, that was f'ing irritating. :mad:

Please don't do that again. Art, man, art, come on. Get with the f'ing program.

Kerb your enthusiasm, folks. You'll get the intent of your image across yay better if all of it fits on one screen. :D

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 04:03 PM
You do know that if you click down on wheel in your mouse - scrolling is rather easily accomplished . . . . just saying :p

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah, but why should I have to.

Actually, a wheel, on a mouse? What a strange concept. One has a magicmouse nowadays for the mini, and the MB trackpad,
so no more moving parts for hamps, it's all glass surface control in the wonderful world of MACckery\@hampsland.

Even on a mac, it's still at least a mild irritant, and it does get in the way of the user experience. I'd hate to have to use a peecee to get
similar results, using an operating system that has already been designed to annoy the living crap out of the end user.

I'm trying to be nice here, to everyone, even the underclass of CU, the PeeCee user. Please, help me out, will ya. :p

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 04:21 PM
how often do I post over large pictures? :p

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't know... do you honestly think I have the time to keep track of these metrics?

Just nobody do it. No penalty if you do forget now and then, just don't be a dick about it.

Don't no-one even think of "weaponizing" it to try to win a thread point, because we will come down on that sort of bs, hard.

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 05:32 PM
oh temptation . . . . did I ever tell you I've a touch of ODD?? :cool:

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Go ahead if you want. I can lock this fucker any time I feel inclined. :p

Zeus
08-30-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't know... do you honestly think I have the time to keep track of these metrics?

Just nobody do it. No penalty if you do forget now and then, just don't be a dick about it.

Don't no-one even think of "weaponizing" it to try to win a thread point, because we will come down on that sort of bs, hard.

So deleting entire psots isn't considered a "Penalty" ?

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Go ahead if you want. I can lock this fucker any time I feel inclined. :p

there you go - throwing around your 'power' :p Tisk tisk.

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 06:07 PM
there you go - throwing around your 'power' :p Tisk tisk.

What Our Lord Jesus invented power for. For me to throw around. Good invention on His part, I'd say.

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Is't there a vBullitin code that allows pictures to be resized?

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
What Our Lord Jesus invented power for. For me to throw around. Good invention on His part, I'd say.

To bad you can't give him an electrical shock somehow.

hampshirebrit
08-30-2010, 08:24 PM
To bad you can't give him an electrical shock somehow.

Yep, it would be good to be able to do that, but one rarely gets everything one wants, not all at once. I've learned to improvise with what I have.

That should be "Too", by the way.

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 08:37 PM
That should be "Too", by the way.

I thought about it for a bit but I wasn't sure, I was so tired from scrolling Poli's thread.:confused:

SarasotaRepub
08-30-2010, 09:07 PM
LOL!!! Good idea Hamp bringing this up. It's not the end of the world if some big pics get posted but try not to do it folks, just common sense. :)

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
LOL!!! Good idea Hamp bringing this up. It's not the end of the world if some big pics get posted but try not to do it folks, just common sense. :)

It is really important too those poor people with those slower computers named after fruit!:D

Sonnabend
08-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Policon: Dont make me get the Helen Thomas nudes..........:D

PoliCon
08-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Policon: Dont make me get the Helen Thomas nudes..........:D

I'm pretty sure that that would be a bannable offense.

Kay
08-31-2010, 09:02 AM
A toast to Hamps:

http://www.savethedateevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/champagne-toast.jpg

I have a wide screen monitor, and I hate those big
pictures. I agree it is very annoying. Especially when
I go to the trouble of scrolling over only to find some
boney assed wench's butt in underwear that are two
sizes too small for her.

Zeus
08-31-2010, 11:20 AM
So deleting entire psots isn't considered a "Penalty" ?

I'll Give benefit of the doubt the question isn't being ignored and it was overlooked.

hampshirebrit
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll Give benefit of the doubt the question isn't being ignored and it was overlooked.

Not quite sure what you're asking here... perhaps you could clarify.

Zeus
08-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Not quite sure what you're asking here... perhaps you could clarify.

No penalty for forgetting and posting an occasional big pic . The entire post gets deleted. Deleting of an entire post not to be considered a penalty.

hampshirebrit
08-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Is this related to a specific instance? If so, could you please PM myself or any other mod with the details.

malloc
08-31-2010, 07:04 PM
THOU SHALT NO RESIZE MEGAN FOX!! :mad:

I agree. If God had wanted her another size, he wouldn't have made her so darn perfect in the first place.

PoliCon
08-31-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree. If God had wanted her another size, he wouldn't have made her so darn perfect in the first place.

PREACH IT!!!!111!!!ELEVENTY-ONE!