PDA

View Full Version : The third investigation of Michael Mann goes down in flames...

The Night Owl
08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
No surprise here...

Judge quashes Cuccinelli subpoena of U-Va. records

An Albemarle County Circuit Court judge has set aside a subpoena issued by Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli to the University of Virginia seeking documents related to the work of climate scientist and former university professor Michael Mann.

Judge Paul M. Peatross Jr. ruled that Cuccinelli can investigate whether fraud has occurred in university grants, as the attorney general had contended, but ruled that Cuccinelli's subpoena failed to state a "reason to believe" that Mann had committed fraud.

The ruling is a major blow for Cuccinelli, a global warming skeptic who had maintained that he was investigating whether Mann committed fraud in seeking government money for research that showed that the earth has experienced a rapid, recent warming. Mann, now at Penn State University, worked at U-Va. until 2005.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/08/judge_quashes_cuccinelli_subpo.html

What a waste of money. Ken Cuccinelli should resign.

Feel free to send a link to Mr. Smug.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-30-2010, 10:07 PM
No surprise here...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/08/judge_quashes_cuccinelli_subpo.html

What a waste of money. Ken Cuccinelli should resign.

Feel free to send a link to Mr. Smug.

In other words, it is just ANOTHER cover-up! The judge WON'T allow anyone to look at the documents that might prove the case against Mann. That is all that was decided - to NOT ALLOW an ACTUAL investigation.

Sonnabend
08-31-2010, 03:27 AM
An Albemarle County Circuit Court judge has set aside a subpoena issued by Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli to the University of Virginia seeking documents related to the work of climate scientist and former university professor Michael Mann.

If the "science is settled" and there is no doubt.....

......what's Mann hiding?

The Night Owl
09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
If the "science is settled" and there is no doubt.....

......what's Mann hiding?

Can I have every e-mail you've ever sent and received? No? What are you hiding?

The Night Owl
09-06-2010, 01:09 PM
In other words, it is just ANOTHER cover-up! The judge WON'T allow anyone to look at the documents that might prove the case against Mann. That is all that was decided - to NOT ALLOW an ACTUAL investigation.

Yes, the courts are part of the conspiracy. This thing goes deep. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
09-06-2010, 01:46 PM
The government tool stops in to take another owl movement.:rolleyes:

09-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes, the legal system is part of the conspiracy. This thing goes deep. :rolleyes:

Not a conspiracy, just a judge that is friendly to the cause.

Jfor
09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Can I have every e-mail you've ever sent and received? No? What are you hiding?

Considering most on here are not using federal money to perform research, then no, you cannot have our email.

The Night Owl
09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Considering most on here are not using federal money to perform research, then no, you cannot have our email.

I'm sure someone here is using a student loan or grant money. I'll wait for that person to step up and provide his or her e-mails.

The Night Owl
09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Not a conspiracy, just a judge that is friendly to the cause.

Michael Mann must be one lucky bastard. Or perhaps he's not the scoundrel you guys make him out to be?

Rockntractor
09-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Gosh! Michael Mann must be one lucky bastard. Or perhaps he's not the scoundrel you guys make him out to be?

That's all you've got, we waited all day for this?:confused:

Sonnabend
09-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Can I have every e-mail you've ever sent and received? No? What are you hiding?Here, you can have this one, free of charge.

To: "Michael E. Mann" <mann@xxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Subject: IPCC & FOI
Date: Thu May 29 11:04:11 2008

Mike,

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
Keith will do likewise. He's not in at the moment - minor family crisis.
Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don't
have his new email address.
We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.
I see that CA claim they discovered the 1945 problem in the Nature paper!!
Cheers
Phil

Prof. Phil Jones
Climatic Research Unit Telephone +44 (0) 1603 592090
School of Environmental Sciences Fax +44 (0) 1603 507784
University of East Anglia
Norwich Email p.jones@xxxxxxxxx.xxx
NR4 7TJ

The Night Owl
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
That's all you've got, we waited all day for this?:confused:

LOL! I certainly hope not.

The Night Owl
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Here, you can have this one, free of charge.

Michael Mann is responsible for what Phil Jones asks him to do? How does that work?

FlaGator
09-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Michael Mann is responsible for what Phil Jones asks him to do? How does that work?

Michael Mann is responsible for advocating and promoting a pseudo-science that when it was uncovered he assisted in an attempt to hide evidence in conspiracy like fashion with Phil Jones...

I think that describes what Mann is responsible for.

Jfor
09-06-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm sure someone here is using a student loan or grant money. I'll wait for that person to step up and provide his or her e-mails.

Wrong. No need for emails there dill-weed.

The Night Owl
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Michael Mann is responsible for advocating and promoting a pseudo-science that when it was uncovered he assisted in an attempt to hide evidence in conspiracy like fashion with Phil Jones...

I think that describes what Mann is responsible for.

Not that it will matter to you but 3 investigations say your accusations are baseless. How many more times must Michael Mann be investigated?

The Night Owl
09-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Wrong. No need for emails there dill-weed.

What are CUers hiding?

FlaGator
09-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Not that it will matter to you but 3 investigations say your accusations are baseless. How many more times must Michael Mann be investigated?

Mann's own words says that the accusations are spot on. That he was investiaged by those who have an vested interest in the propagation of the myth of AWG means as little to you as the findings of these investigations mean to me.

09-07-2010, 02:16 PM

ONCE, as long as it is by a competent impartial committee. In other words, NOT by members of the Anthropogenic Global Warming Cult.

The Night Owl
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
ONCE, as long as it is by a competent impartial committee. In other words, NOT by members of the Anthropogenic Global Warming Cult.

How do you know that the judge who threw Ken Cuccinelli's ass to the curb isn't impartial? And, if you're so big on impartiality then why aren't you barking about Cuccinelli, a professed climate change denier, investigating Michael Mann?

09-07-2010, 08:22 PM
How do you know that the judge who threw Ken Cuccinelli's ass to the curb isn't impartial? And, if you're so big on impartiality then why aren't you barking about Cuccinelli, a professed climate change denier, investigating Michael Mann?

We have had a cover up and we need an investigation. An investigator SHOULD be a skeptic, not an acolyte.

This is not a trial. If the investigation turns up something THEN it is a time for impartiality in the trial.

Sonnabend
09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
AGW is a myth a lie, a scam, a hoax perpetrated by a bunch of "scientists" thumping a doomsaying bandwagon.

I can remember a dozen doomsday prophecies over the last fifty years...guess what...we're still here :rolleyes:

Anyone remember the Saturn Conjunction? The "scientific fact" that said that a planetary alignment mean massive quakes and widespread deaths in the millions?

I do. That was what..thirty years ago?

Not buying it, then, now or ever. These "models" go a hundred years into the future...paging HG Wells.... and as I seem to recall, one "noted scientist" (Flannery) said and I quote "It could be thousands of years".

I dont listen to panic mongers, nor do I place any credence in those whom I know have already lied. Once a liar, ALWAYS a liar.Thatisall.