PDA

View Full Version : 16 Items They Only Sell At Chinese Walmarts

warpig
08-30-2010, 09:03 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/16-products-they-only-sell-at-chinese-walmarts

All we get are pictures of Wal-mart people..........

malloc
08-30-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL!

I wish my wal-mart sold Duck! I'd have to go to Encanto park with my shotgun to get duck, and the Phoenix PD would be pissed off! Bulk rice would also be a welcome addition.

What the heck is item #6?!? :eek: It's like seaweed rope or something.

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 09:18 PM
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/5/20/15/enhanced-buzz-25838-1274384251-6.jpg
:eek::eek:

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 09:27 PM
LOL!

I wish my wal-mart sold Duck! I'd have to go to Encanto park with my shotgun to get duck, and the Phoenix PD would be pissed off! Bulk rice would also be a welcome addition.

I thought the same thing! I'm buying rice in 25 lb. sacks now. Not the fancy stuff - just the regular.

malloc
08-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I thought the same thing! I'm buying rice in 25 lb. sacks now. Not the fancy stuff - just the regular.

You know, I never used a whole lot of rice. Then I bought an automatic rice cooker. Now it's one of the easiest things to cook ever. I too buy 25lb sacks.

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I've been buying basmatti rice in bulk from a dot head grocery store at a real good price.

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 09:33 PM
You know, I never used a whole lot of rice. Then I bought an automatic rice cooker. Now it's one of the easiest things to cook ever. I too buy 25lb sacks.

My MIL gave me a rice cooker about 15 years ago and I've never looked back. We had rice with turmeric, almonds, and snipped curly parsley tonight. Very easy.

patriot45
08-30-2010, 10:16 PM
My MIL gave me a rice cooker about 15 years ago and I've never looked back. We had rice with turmeric, almonds, and snipped curly parsley tonight. Very easy.

Ok, you guys give me hell for a gas grill! What the heck is a rice cooker!!?! I put broth, butter, salt and rice in a covered pot and simmer for 20 minutes and Viola (poli, thats french) I got perfect rice!

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Ok, you guys give me hell for a gas grill! What the heck is a rice cooker!!?! I put broth, butter, salt and rice in a covered pot and simmer for 20 minutes and Viola (poli, thats french) I got perfect rice!

Dude, you don't know what "perfect" is with rice until you get one of these babies. BBQ is kind of one those authentic American skills. It separates the men from the boys and the Commies from the Patriots. This is rice - who cares how authentic it is?

You dump the rice, broth/water, and seasonings in and turn it on. You go do whatever you want and 20 minutes later it's perfect. You can even leave on it "warm" until you're done with the rest of the cooking. :)

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Dude, you don't know what "perfect" is with rice until you get one of these babies. BBQ is kind of one those authentic American skills. It separates the men from the boys and the Commies from the Patriots. This is rice - who cares how authentic it is?

You dump the rice, broth/water, and seasonings in and turn it on. You go do whatever you want and 20 minutes later it's perfect. You can even leave on it "warm" until you're done with the rest of the cooking. :)

I use an electric steamer and it does the same thing. It even reheats leftover rice so it's almost as good as fresh.

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 10:32 PM
I use an electric steamer and it does the same thing. It even reheats leftover rice so it's almost as good as fresh.

I'm on my second one. Mine will also reheat cold rice. I guess I use this thing twice a week in the Spring and Summer. We shift to the crockpot in the Fall and Winter.

People do crazy cooking in rice cookers, though. I pretty much just use it for rice or pilaf but others have pushed the envelope in terms of one-pot meals.

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm on my second one. Mine will also reheat cold rice. I guess I use this thing twice a week in the Spring and Summer. We shift to the crockpot in the Fall and Winter.

People do crazy cooking in rice cookers, though. I pretty much just use it for rice or pilaf but others have pushed the envelope in terms of one-pot meals.

New potato's and fresh veggies do well.

patriot45
08-30-2010, 10:43 PM

One pot meals are great! Get everything going, add the rice and broth, cover and cook and yay, a one pot meal. No fancy rice steamers! :D
Next thing you know you will want to cook rice over charcoal or in a smoker! :cool::D

PoliCon
08-30-2010, 10:59 PM
screw rice. I want potatoes.

patriot45
08-30-2010, 11:03 PM

Ha screw rice! They dont call you needle dick the bug fucker for nothing do they!:D

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 11:04 PM

or you could screw potato's
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/6a00e5522ca9b788340105359fab5e970c-320wi.jpg?t=1283223779

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Ha screw rice! They dont call you needle dick the bug fucker for nothing do they!:D

Screw you guys - this is the Lounge. Be nice. Sort of. Whatever. Keep it kind of PG-13. ;)

patriot45
08-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Screw you guys - this is the Lounge. Be nice. Sort of. Whatever. Keep it kind of PG-13. ;)

I'm sorry. She is not needle dick the bug f-er!
:D

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry. She is not needle dick the bug f-er!
:D

I'm sorry too, Poli don't sit on this potato.

Gingersnap
08-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry too, Poli don't sit on this potato.

*cries*

PoliCon
08-31-2010, 06:18 AM
*cries*

Some people never grow up. :rolleyes:

noonwitch
08-31-2010, 12:49 PM

I keep asking for a rice cooker for Christmas/birthdays, but no one ever gives me one. I'm going to just have to buy one, at some point.

I don't think I could shop for groceries in China without losing my last meal.

malloc
08-31-2010, 05:36 PM
I keep asking for a rice cooker for Christmas/birthdays, but no one ever gives me one. I'm going to just have to buy one, at some point.

I don't think I could shop for groceries in China without losing my last meal.

If you are going to buy one, get a good with all the features. I wish I had one that I could pre-time, and I've been kicking myself for not getting that one. Like if you are baking a chicken, which takes more than twice as long as the rice, I wish I had a rice cooker that I could set up to kick off at a certain time, like a coffee maker. I hate that I didn't buy a model that could do that.