PDA

View Full Version : From the Facebook FAIL files: Macomb County juror could face contempt charges

Gingersnap
08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
From the Facebook FAIL files: Macomb County juror could face contempt charges after posting about 'guilty' defendant during trial
Published: Monday, August 30, 2010, 8:25 AM Updated: Monday, August 30, 2010, 9:40 AM
Jonathan Oosting | MLive.com

Like all Macomb County jurors, 20-year-old Hadley Jons received a warning not to discuss her case outside of court. But that didn't stop her from sharing her thoughts on Facebook.

"actually excited for jury duty tomorrow," she wrote Aug. 11 on the popular social media website. "it's gonna be fun to tell the defendant they're guilty. :P"

Jons never got that chance though, and the next day proved far from fun.

The Macomb Daily reports the son of defense attorney Saleema Sheikh discovered the Facebook post before Jons eventually deleted it, and Judge Diane Druzinski asked her about it the next day in court. After initially denying the post, Jons reportedly "put her head down" and failed to respond when Druzinski read it aloud.

With you'd-run-over-your-own-Grandma-to-hit-it pic at the link.

Mlive (http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/08/from_the_facebook_fail_files_m.html)

PoliCon
08-31-2010, 04:35 PM
too much eye make-up.

I blame the schools. You sit there for 12 years telling kids that if they do X their will be y consequence and never follow through so they have no clue how to follow instructions. I get kids all the time telling me that Mr So-and-so lets them retake the test or redo the homework - or turn something in late . . . . Well guess what - I'm not Mr. So-and-so.