PDA

View Full Version : I went to McDonald's to eat their garbage today. I hit the ceiling when I saw...

SarasotaRepub
08-31-2010, 07:36 PM
:rolleyes: Yet another Fox News thread. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9051231)

El Supremo http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-31-10 03:39 PM
Original message I went to McDonald's to eat their garbage today. I hit the ceiling when I saw that they had a TV...

that was new and was tuned to Faux News. I totally lost my cool and used bad language such as "It's a fucking conspiracy! Every place I go to lunch has that fucking propaganda channel on!"

I'm surprised they didn't call the police. But it worked. They changed it to MSNBC.

Hey dipshit, you're a moran. :D

warpig
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
I wish they would do that when I'm watching.................

NJCardFan
08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
"It's a fucking conspiracy! Every place I go to lunch has that fucking propaganda channel on!"

So, and everyone knows this is a bouncy, but this idiot whines like a petulant child because of one percieved propaganda network so they change it to a real propaganda network? My, my, my. But on a side note, what a fucking baby. Totally typical of these ultra leftists. See something they don't like so they literally throw a temper tantrum until they get what they want.

malloc
08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
I have never gone to a restaurant, bar, doctor's office, hospital or mechanic shop that has a T.V. on and seen msnbc news. I see a lot of CNN and Fox, sometimes local news or CBS, but never have I seen MSNBC.

I guess this libtard didn't the get the memo. Nobody watches MSNBC. I'm surprised they still have the money to pay Keef.

lacarnut
08-31-2010, 09:45 PM
I have not been inside a McDonald in years. I did not know they had TVs in there. Sounds like a bouncy to me. If not, I am thrilled it screwed his day and lunch up.

PoliCon
08-31-2010, 11:12 PM
I have never gone to a restaurant, bar, doctor's office, hospital or mechanic shop that has a T.V. on and seen msnbc news. I see a lot of CNN and Fox, sometimes local news or CBS, but never have I seen MSNBC.

I guess this libtard didn't the get the memo. Nobody watches MSNBC. I'm surprised they still have the money to pay Keef.

If I did - I would find another place to do my business.

asdf2231
08-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Funny thing? I have NEVER seen a McDonalds that had a frigging television on in it. Seriously.

Not in the I90/94 Oasis ones, the small town ones or the big city ones.

NJCardFan
09-01-2010, 01:36 AM
I guess it's perfectly OK to this idiot that CNN is on in every airport in America. The hypocrisy of these people is astounding. I've never heard anyone, conservative or liberal complain about CNN and airports.

RobJohnson
09-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Funny thing? I have NEVER seen a McDonalds that had a frigging television on in it. Seriously.

Same here. If any McD's did have a TV it would be my guess the only channel it would be on is the Ronald Network (I made that up) closed circuit or something kid friendly..

Why would a large resturant chain want to run a commercial station in their resturant that airs other resturants' commercials? It usually never happens!

SarasotaRepub
09-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Poor DUmmies, there is ONE cable news network that isn't infested with Libtards. But they can't handle it because it's watched by so many people who, by their definiton, are idiots.

Suck it DUmmies, Fox isn't going anywhere and there isn't a thing you peabrains can do about it.

Your stupid protests and boycotts and moronic websites just give us more to laugh at everyday. :p:D

FDK
09-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I've never seen a TV in a McD's. Zero bongs for this one.

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/photofile-sci/bouncing-ball-7810m.jpg

noonwitch
09-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Pretty much the same thing here. Usually it's FOX or CNN. Blimpies on Wayne State's campus usually has CNN. The credit union has bad talk shows, like Jerry Springer. Bars usually have FOX Sports Detroit or ESPN on. My periodontist has his own tapes, though, for the various products and treatments that he has available. Or he has Animal Planet on, which I find unusual for a place that sees very few children.

ralph wiggum
09-01-2010, 10:30 AM
A few selected comments:

ProdigalJunkMail (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-31-10 07:45 PM
Response to Reply #4
8. totally not the point...
the point is the OP was an offensive ass in a family restaurant...if my kids had been in earshot the police would have been called.

ProdigalJunkMail (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-31-10 07:56 PM
Response to Reply #10
20. offensive ass is a descriptive of the behaviour displayed...
sorry...but there really is no other way to phrase it...served no point other than to make a scene and probably just pissed off everyone within earshot.

superduperfarleft (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-31-10 10:21 PM
Response to Reply #161
165. He's not talking about Republicans.
He's talking about the underpaid, over-worked wage slaves in a McDonalds and the random customers who are unfortunate enough to be standing in line to get their Big Macs when some Super Awesome Fantastic Activist loses his shit.

TK421 (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-31-10 10:28 PM
Response to Original message
17. This didn't accomplish anything...it only made the person look like a psycho
if I was sitting in a McDonald's ( which is rare ) and Fox news was on I wouldn't let it interfere with my meal...would you? Ridiculous...absolutely ridiculous...

Even more ridiculous to throw a tantrum like that in front of others who were not in the least bit interested in what was on the TV...and all they wanted was a Big Mac...IN PEACE, but apparently THAT is too fucking much to ask for these days, isn't it? ISN'T IT?!!

Really...think about this why don't you? and think about how counterproductive this persons reaction was at a fast-food restaurant and what it made them look like to others...what was the supposed message to be sent there, hmmm?

I BELIEVE IN THE PRINCIPLE, BUT THE METHOD STINKS

Grateful for Hope Moderator(1000+ posts)
Tue Aug-31-10 08:14 PM
Response to Original message
252. We are locking this

It is consensus that this thread is inflammatory.

Thanks for your understanding,
Grateful For Hope
For the DU Moderators

:D :D

FDK
09-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Rut roh. The hive gets more and more splintered by the day. :D

Odysseus
09-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I have not been inside a McDonald in years. I did not know they had TVs in there. Sounds like a bouncy to me. If not, I am thrilled it screwed his day and lunch up.

I've never seen a TV in a McD's. Zero bongs for this one.

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/photofile-sci/bouncing-ball-7810m.jpg

Fast food restaurants don't have TVs in the dining area. Not McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's Carl's Jr., WhattaBurger, nada. The whole point of fast food is to get the customers in and out quickly, especially during the lunch rush. Anything that slows the process is counterproductive. Also, another reason that they don't have TVs is because they don't want to alienate customers. Those chain bars and restaurants that have TVs keep them on ESPN or other neutral content for that reason. I've only seen a news channel on in a bar when something big is breaking, like the OJ verdict or the start of the Iraq invasion.

I call BS. No bongs for this one.

Shannon
09-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I have been to a McDonald's that had a TV.

hoplophobe
09-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Throd (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Aug-31-10 10:39 PM
Response to Reply #179
195. These stories always have the same basic plot.

"I walked into an establishment and overheard/saw/read something I disagree with and yelled (or cursed)at people who are just trying to hold down a difficult and low paying job. Now I am on DU looking for atta-boys for how I courageously stuck it to The Man".
:D

AmPat
09-01-2010, 04:21 PM
All two of the Mess NBC viewers were ecstatic that the Mc D's manager caved to his effective argument and switched to MSNBC. Qweef and Spitball ratings doubled.

Arroyo_Doble
09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I was in Memphis once watching a Rangers game at the bar. Some guys came in and had the bartender change the channel. I was so pissed I finished my beer and ordered another one.

Odysseus
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
I was in Memphis once watching a Rangers game at the bar. Some guys came in and had the bartender change the channel. I was so pissed I finished my beer and ordered another one.

Hockey or baseball? I.e., NY Rangers or Texas Rangers?

Arroyo_Doble
09-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Hockey or baseball? I.e., NY Rangers or Texas Rangers?

Texas Rangers. Soon to be World Series Champion Rangers.

JB
09-01-2010, 05:28 PM
El Supremo (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-31-10 03:39 PM
Original message
I went to McDonald's to eat their garbage today. I hit the ceiling when I saw that they had a TV...
that was new and was tuned to Faux News. I totally lost my cool and used bad language such as "It's a fucking conspiracy! Every place I go to lunch has that fucking propaganda channel on!"

I'm surprised they didn't call the police. But it worked. They changed it to MSNBC.
I was in Memphis once watching a Rangers game at the bar. Some guys came in and had the bartender change the channel. I was so pissed I finished my beer and ordered another one.Were you in the bar drinking a shitty beer? Did the guys that came in lose their cool and use profanity in every sentence that came out of their frothing mouth? Did they change the channel to an A's or Yankees game?

Or did you totally miss the point of the OP and this thread?

Arroyo_Doble
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Were you in the bar drinking a shitty beer? Did the guys that came in lose their cool and use profanity in every sentence that came out of their frothing mouth? Did they change the channel to an A's or Yankees game?

Or did you totally miss the point of the OP and this thread?

I got the point and agreed with it ... the point was "if you don't like what's on the TV, carry your sorry ass home and turn on the Philco" wasn't it?

SarasotaRepub
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM

:D:D

Odysseus
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM

Sorry, but the Yankees have that spot reserved.

I may be stationed in TX (and love it), but my heart belongs to the Bronx.

NJCardFan
09-02-2010, 01:17 AM

They have to actually win more than 1 playoff game to advance you know. And how's Cliff Lee working out for you? His replacement(Oswalt) is doing just fine for us.

Odysseus
09-02-2010, 09:45 AM
They have to actually win more than 1 playoff game to advance you know. And how's Cliff Lee working out for you? His replacement(Oswalt) is doing just fine for us.

He approaches baseball the way that he approaches politics: Magical realism. He wants it to happen, so it iwill.

Arroyo_Doble
09-02-2010, 09:51 AM
He approaches baseball the way that he approaches politics: Magical realism. He wants it to happen, so it iwill.

You mean I don't have to just "believe" for it to happen?

All those years Disney has been lying to me.

Odysseus
09-02-2010, 11:30 AM
You mean I don't have to just "believe" for it to happen?

All those years Disney has been lying to me.

If they told you that Marty the Martian was one of their characters, then yes, they have been.

But, that does explain your politics...

Arroyo_Doble
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
If they told you that Marty the Martian was one of their characters, then yes, they have been.

I think Marvin is more of Warner Bros thing. Like Bugs.

But, that does explain your politics...

I have seen the light and when a difficult issue arises like collective bargaining in a monopolized industry or weighing competing claims on mineral resources found in disputed territory, I will consult a bear; preferably one that has cubs.

Rebel Yell
09-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I can't believe no one has seen the obvious hole in the story. Can you even see the TV (if there is one) from the dumpster out back?

jendf
09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I have been to a McDonald's that had a TV.

Me too. And I remember it was on Fox News when I was there too. Seriously. No bouncy! :D

Odysseus
09-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I think Marvin is more of Warner Bros thing. Like Bugs.
He is Warner Brothers. That was the joke. :rolleyes:

I have seen the light and when a difficult issue arises like collective bargaining in a monopolized industry or weighing competing claims on mineral resources found in disputed territory, I will consult a bear; preferably one that has cubs.
You're using the wrong paradigm. A bear that is fighting for her cubs is playing a zero sum game, but most economic issues aren't. Example: Collective bargaining that assumes a zero sum will not allow management to creatively solve problems and expand market share, or even develop whole new markets. Competing claims on mineral resources are based on property rights and legal principles, not emotional attachment to cubs, which precludes compromise or bargaining.

I can't believe no one has seen the obvious hole in the story. Can you even see the TV (if there is one) from the dumpster out back?
There is that. I also tend to find that if I go to eat in a restaurant, even a fast food restaurant, I don't psych myself up for the meal by calling it "garbage."

Arroyo_Doble
09-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Collective bargaining that assumes a zero sum will not allow management to creatively solve problems and expand market share, or even develop whole new markets. Competing claims on mineral resources are based on property rights and legal principles, not emotional attachment to cubs, which precludes compromise or bargaining.

Yes I know. That was the joke.

Odysseus
09-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes I know. That was the joke.

I'm sorry, but it's hard to tell when you're joking about politics. So many of your "serious" positions are hard to take seriously, and your "absurd" positions aren't much, by comparison.

RobJohnson
09-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I was happy to see Fox News on the TV at a favorite Gyro shop in Moline, IL today!

Trance
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
So, and everyone knows this is a bouncy, but this idiot whines like a petulant child because of one percieved propaganda network so they change it to a real propaganda network? My, my, my. But on a side note, what a fucking baby. Totally typical of these ultra leftists. See something they don't like so they literally throw a temper tantrum until they get what they want.

I bet if they changed it to Al-Jezerra TV, he would never leave

djones520
09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
The ONLY place I've ever seen MSNBC on was an AMC Terminal at NAS Norfolk. Everywhere else, it's always CNN and Fox.