He took credit for ending the Iraq war.

PoliCon
08-31-2010, 08:55 PM

and he deserves the credit of course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_igpyewuzQ

Kay
08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
I can't bear to watch Barry on tv, his voice really grates on my nerves.
I waited for the transcript to be posted then read it. Here is a link:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/31/transcript-president-obamas-oval-office-speech-iraq/

Gingersnap
08-31-2010, 09:03 PM
I couldn't watch it because it would have turned into a drinking game.

namvet
08-31-2010, 09:23 PM
he saluted Bush so ya know he's so full a shit the whites of eyes are brown

lacarnut
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
I can't bear to watch Barry on tv, his voice really grates on my nerves.
I waited for the transcript to be posted then read it. Here is a link:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/31/transcript-president-obamas-oval-office-speech-iraq/

I did not watch it either. Most politicians are a bunch of self serving assholes. So, I tune them out.

PoliCon
08-31-2010, 11:31 PM
I did not watch it either. Most politicians are a bunch of self serving assholes. So, I tune them out.

I almost never listen to speeches. Only rarely do you hear the truth in them.

Odysseus
09-01-2010, 10:58 AM

And when things heat up in a few months and we either have to ramp up or pull out in the wake of chaos, who will he blame.

Molon Labe
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
And when things heat up in a few months and we either have to ramp up or pull out in the wake of chaos, who will he blame.

He took credit for "victory" last night from what I gathered. We both know that this may be his "mission accomplished" speech and could come back to haunt him. If things break down, there is no one to blame after you claim that. It's his baby now.

Odysseus
09-01-2010, 02:30 PM
He took credit for "victory" last night from what I gathered. We both know that this may be his "mission accomplished" speech and could come back to haunt him. If things break down, there is no one to blame after you claim that. It's his baby now.

Did he actually use the word "victory?"

I know that he didn't give Bush credit for pushing the surge, or admit that he had opposed it. That would have taken a measure of humility that he lacks.

lacarnut
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM

I think it will break down. We have signaled a withdrawal date. The government is corrupt, and there is a good possibility that the trillion dollars spent and over 4 thousand lives lost will go down the drain. The news media will deflect any blame on the Democrats when things go badly there or in Afghan.

hampshirebrit
09-01-2010, 04:06 PM
I think it will break down. We have signaled a withdrawal date.

I agree. Doing that was a major blunder.

AmPat
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Did he actually use the word "victory?"

I know that he didn't give Bush credit for pushing the surge, or admit that he had opposed it. That would have taken a measure of humility that he lacks.

Rarely do you need correcting but I believe you meant "Class?"

Odysseus
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Rarely do you need correcting but I believe you meant "Class?"

It's both. Obama lacks class, certainly, but he's also too arrogant to share credit or acknowledge that he was wrong about the surge. He lacks to humility to admit error and acknowledge those who were right when he was wrong. Imagine what the response would have been if he'd not only credited Bush, but admitted that he was right to increase the number of troops. That would have actually impressed people. Instead, he just took credit for someone else's work, and even his antiwar base knew it.

Hawkgirl
09-01-2010, 05:52 PM
watch the Obama speech? I'd rather stick a needle in my eye.