PDA

View Full Version : Found This Dog A Couple Hours Ago

NJCardFan
09-02-2010, 12:28 AM
We were heading back to my mother-in-law's house to drop her off after a night in Atlantic City and when we turned onto her street, a little dog was just standing there on the side of the street like he was waiting for someone. We backed up and opened the door and he came, enthusiastically, up to my wife so brought him into the car. He had a collar on so I called the number and it was disconnected. I tried it twice. So, we decided to take him to my in-laws house and put him on the porch. This dog is adorable and very friendly toward both people and other dogs(my MIL has a shih tzu). My MIL called the state police to see if someone reported a lost dog, they did not but were going to notify a service who picks up stray dogs. I told my MIL to tell them not to bother. We're going to put a ad in the paper trying to find his owner but I think this dog was dumped. I did a trace on the phone number and found out that it's from the next town over which is about 15 miles away. Anyhoo, here is the dog:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs304.ash2/58482_1575966087371_1482155169_1498637_1656741_n.j pg

Can someone tell me what kind of breed this dog is? I believe him to be a pug mix. He's fixed and not malnourished so my guess is that he was either dumped or, and this is a long shot, that the family just moved into the neighborhood which would explain the disconnected phone number. I told my wife that if someone doesn't claim him, we're keeping him. His name on his collar says Bowzer.

Rockntractor
09-02-2010, 12:31 AM
We were heading back to my mother-in-law's house to drop her off after a night in Atlantic City and when we turned onto her street, a little dog was just standing there on the side of the street like he was waiting for someone. We backed up and opened the door and he came, enthusiastically, up to my wife so brought him into the car. He had a collar on so I called the number and it was disconnected. I tried it twice. So, we decided to take him to my in-laws house and put him on the porch. This dog is adorable and very friendly toward both people and other dogs(my MIL has a shih tzu). My MIL called the state police to see if someone reported a lost dog, they did not but were going to notify a service who picks up stray dogs. I told my MIL to tell them not to bother. We're going to put a ad in the paper trying to find his owner but I think this dog was dumped. I did a trace on the phone number and found out that it's from the next town over which is about 15 miles away. Anyhoo, here is the dog:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs304.ash2/58482_1575966087371_1482155169_1498637_1656741_n.j pg

Can someone tell me what kind of breed this dog is? I believe him to be a pug mix. He's fixed and not malnourished so my guess is that he was either dumped or, and this is a long shot, that the family just moved into the neighborhood which would explain the disconnected phone number. I told my wife that if someone doesn't claim him, we're keeping him. His name on his collar says Bowzer.

Take good care of him, dogs are a blessing, I have six and I got most of them as strays.

NJCardFan
09-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Take good care of him, dogs are a blessing, I have six and I got most of them as strays.

I have 2 others and 4 cats so a 3rd dog would crowd things a but but my wife and I are animal lovers so we would take good care of him as long as everyone gets along.

PoliCon
09-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Looks like a pug mix.

Rockntractor
09-02-2010, 12:40 AM
I have 2 others and 4 cats so a 3rd dog would crowd things a but but my wife and I are animal lovers so we would take good care of him as long as everyone gets along.

That is the key there, having them get along. I had 7 at the beginning of the year but he was a pit bull and almost killed my wifes favorite dog.

NJCardFan
09-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Well, if my wife and I do take him in, it will be to foster him and find him a good home.

lacarnut
09-02-2010, 01:17 AM
It appears he was dumped. Looks like a keeper to me with that cute face.

SarasotaRepub
09-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Cute pooch, I'd keep him. :D

Hawkgirl
09-02-2010, 07:40 AM
cute pup! I'd keep him.

SaintLouieWoman
09-02-2010, 08:45 AM
cute pup! I'd keep him.

Same here. He's adorable. I had a dog named "Sweetie" years ago. She was a mixed breed also, but she wasn't cute. She was so ugly that I guess some would say she was cute, but even as a dog lover, I couldn't say it. Actually she wasn't sweet either, but I knew if she were turned in to the Humane Society, she'd never have a home.

I suffered 7 years with Sweetie til she went to that Rainbow Bridge in the sky. She messed up my furniture, growled at the kids, wasn't too sociable, but just couldn't condemn her to her sure fate.

This pooch is adorable and gets along with your other dogs. You couldn't ask for more.

Rebel Yell
09-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Looks like a Bowzer. You can just look at him and tell he's gonna be a handful. Those are the most fun ones.

Shannon
09-02-2010, 09:18 AM
He looks like he's been taken care of. I wouldn't think he was dumped.

Rebel Yell
09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
He looks like he's been taken care of. I wouldn't think he was dumped.

You'd be surprised, my Jack Russel I had was dumped in front of my parents house in good condition. They live on a dirt road, there's always stray dogs and cats on that road.

Gingersnap
09-02-2010, 10:05 AM
You'd be surprised, my Jack Russel I had was dumped in front of my parents house in good condition. They live on a dirt road, there's always stray dogs and cats on that road.

The curse of living by the county road: animal dumping. Farmer Bob won't mind another mouth to feed. Farmers LOVE animals. :rolleyes:

CardFan: is there a breed rescue in your general area? I'd bet that the Pug rescue people would help out if you have one near you. Also, you might see if he's chipped. Your vet can check that or the animal control people. There might be a different "emergency" number to contact the owner.

I'm not a fan of Pugs but he's a cutie. :)

NJCardFan
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Just letting everyone know that my MIL found Bowzer's home. We're bummed but glad he had a home. Apparently these people just let him run loose during the day and he wondered to another street. Oh well, I hope he'll be OK.

PoliCon
09-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Just letting everyone know that my MIL found Bowzer's home. We're bummed but glad he had a home. Apparently these people just let him run loose during the day and he wondered to another street. Oh well, I hope he'll be OK.

Ah so he's owned by idiots. Wonderful.

Calypso Jones
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
He probably would rather live with you. Grandfather was a mailman and everyday he'd deliver mail to a house where they had a little poodle that they didn't take very good care of. I don't remember the story well now but at some point, maybe they were hitting the dog and my grandfather told them he'd take the dog off their hands and he gave them some money. That dog lived the life of Riley for the rest of her little life. Sometimes people just don't want their animals.

Looks like he has a little bit of Boxer in him.

NJCardFan
09-02-2010, 03:03 PM
He probably would rather live with you. Grandfather was a mailman and everyday he'd deliver mail to a house where they had a little poodle that they didn't take very good care of. I don't remember the story well now but at some point, maybe they were hitting the dog and my grandfather told them he'd take the dog off their hands and he gave them some money. That dog lived the life of Riley for the rest of her little life. Sometimes people just don't want their animals.

Looks like he has a little bit of Boxer in him.

Well, if we see him running around again, we're going to take him in because these people are asking for him to get hit by a car.

Rebel Yell
09-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, if we see him running around again, we're going to take him in because these people are asking for him to get hit by a car.

City dogs: not OK to run loose.

Country Dogs: have fun, just come back.

Apache
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
City dogs: not OK to run loose.

Country Dogs: have fun, just come back.

Country dogs near state highway: Have fun....that way, just come back.