PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

FlaGator
09-02-2010, 08:55 AM
The weather is really nice considering that Earl is due east of here. The surf is really good, 6 to 10 feet with larger swells.

TOTD: What are you reading? I am about finished with 'Sh*t My Dad Says' by Justin Halpern and on deck is Ethics by Dierick Bonhoeffer.

linda22003
09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Guidebooks to Athens, the Greek Islands, and Istanbul. :D

Shannon
09-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm almost finished with The Kite Runner. It's one of those books that I finally broke down and read just so that I can say "there I read it now shut up" to people about it. I'm going to read Hiassen's new book next.

Gingersnap
09-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Cool here with highs in the low 70s. I had to wear real shoes. :(

TOTD: I'm reading The Prestige by Christopher Priest. A friend forced me to watch the movie and it was excellent so I had to read the book.

marv
09-02-2010, 10:14 AM
I just finished VOODOO in Sadr City; The Rise of Shiaism in Iraq by Sgt. Boone Cutler, leader of the PsyOp team, "Voodoo". A good read if you want the inside on Muqtada al-Sadr and his Shi'a militia in Baghdad.

It also portends the dark future in store for Iraq.

NJCardFan
09-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Nice day so far today. Not too hot.

TOTD: I just finished reading Black Sunday by Thomas Harris of Hannibal Lecter fame. His first book. You might remember the movie based on it starring Robert Shaw and Bruce Dern about a disgruntled Vietnam Vet(Dern) who is planning to blow up a huge claymore type bomb over the Super Bowl. He is being financed and supplied by Islamic terrorists which is interesting. The book was written in the mid 70's.

djones520
09-06-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm almost finished with The Kite Runner. It's one of those books that I finally broke down and read just so that I can say "there I read it now shut up" to people about it. I'm going to read Hiassen's new book next.

I need to read that book. One of the few movies that brought tears to my eyes.