PDA

View Full Version : Has Obama's voice become constricted?

bijou
09-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Sanity Claws Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Sep-01-10 10:35 AM
Original message
Has Obama's voice become constricted?

I listened to NPR's coverage of the speech Obama made last night. It played excerpts from that speech, as well as a speech he made as a senator in 2007. I thought there was a difference in his voice. It now sounds constricted in comparison.

Did anyone else pick this up?

I wonder whether his throat chakra has become constricted. As President, he is privy to many ugly things that he can't speak about. I wouldn't be surprised if his throat chakra is not working as well as it used to.
FirstLight Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Sep-01-10 11:31 AM
Response to Original message
1. I noticed that too...

I wonder if he was just practising UBER-restraint, and it came through in his voice. he seemed very reticent in manner too...hope he is okay and not ill, or having to take meds or drink heavily to deal with the hell on earth we are facing as a nation...
(I swear, that's what I thought when I saw him, that he was either 'on something' or had been "told" to say certain things and he was not happy being held for ransom...)

maybe later i'll see if I can do a reading on this...
anusAscending Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Sep-01-10 02:00 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. I noticed that SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT!

I could almost sense his inner feelings as being....what can I say...tingling...tender nerve ending type of pain, both in spirit and mind...yet the body very tense and robotic!! I especially watched his hands. They always give his emotions away to me. They were kept folded clasped together almost as if on purpose, to restrain his emotions. Only a few times toward the end of his speech did he move his thumbs in a rhythmic manner. I've noticed in the past he's used his hands to "keep cadence" with his pattern of speech, and to stress certain points. I found it very odd last night, that for the first time, he didn't feel comfortable in his own skin!!! I was slightly alarmed..still am.?????
southerncrone Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Sep-01-10 11:29 PM
Response to Original message
6. The passion was not there.

As others here have noted it seems he was hog-tied, or only "allowed" to discuss certain topics in very narrow perimeters. I got a sense that he may be being "black-mailed" by certain factions....thus he's frustrated. Instead of showing his frustration, he'd shoved it inside.
This should be an interesting year!
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=245x123084)
Perhaps Al Gore has some advice on the chakra problem (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/68744)

warpig
09-02-2010, 05:47 PM
One would think a seven-and-a-half-year war deserves more than a seventeen-and-a-half-minute speech, and Obama couldn't even feign interest or stay on topic for that brief period of time on Tuesday. He was clearly phoning it in, itching to "turn the page" back to himself. His plans, his agenda for America, the blah, blah, blah of "jumpstarted" industries, "innovation" unleashed, a "growing" middle class, all of which was code in the speech for more of his statism -- these are the subjects he regards as urgent.

The only pages he turns with any real interest are the ones he rereads in his two memoirs and his dog-eared copy of Rules for Radicals. Bored and annoyed by having to talk about the success of a surge in Iraq that he opposed, Obama lamely tried to change topics. Basic decency would have told almost any other president to refrain from slipping a stump speech into an address about the sacrifice of America's troops. But Obama, prodded by panicky Democrats and his own restless egotism, couldn't restrict himself to just that and attempted the crassest of connections: that military heroism abroad should inspire a redoubling of Obamaism at home:

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/09/02/the-presidents-pivot-and-divot

SarasotaRepub
09-02-2010, 06:04 PM
The Loons of the Loon Board. :D

Bongo55
09-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Maybe, he is just nervous because he is a shitty president and most are starting to realize it.

rjas77
09-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Sounds like Obama is still smoking too many Kool Milds

Gingersnap
09-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Or maybe he's just not a very interesting speaker when he gets off his pet subjects. That's pretty common.

linda22003
09-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Now I have that song stuck in my head. "Chakra Kahn, Chakra Kahn, y'know I feel for you, Chakra Kahn, Chakra Kahn....."

Shannon
09-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Now I have that song stuck in my head. "Chakra Kahn, Chakra Kahn, y'know I feel for you, Chakra Kahn, Chakra Kahn....."

And you just had to ruin my day too?

FlaGator
09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Perhaps he needs a nice Chakralet Shake to unconstrict his voice?

hoplophobe
09-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe Algore can hook him up with someone to help with his chakra problem? :D

AmPat
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Would the White House dentist please fix that stupid and annoying whistle in his speech? It is so distracting. He annoys me anyway but that Ssss at the end of almost every ssssyllable is extremely annoying to me.:(

lacarnut
09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Would the White House dentist please fix that stupid and annoying whistle in his speech? It is so distracting. He annoys me anyway but that Ssss at the end of almost every ssssyllable is extremely annoying to me.:(

I watch and listen to him as little as possible. That way my annoyance level stays down.

Kay
09-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Maybe, he is just nervous because he is a shitty president and most are starting to realize it.

This would be my guess.