PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a couple Republicans in line at the cafeteria today

SarasotaRepub
09-02-2010, 06:07 PM
The Bouncies just keep on coming!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9058633) :D

doc03 http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-01-10 06:02 PM
Original message Ran into a couple Republicans in line at the cafeteria today

Edited on Wed Sep-01-10 06:03 PM by doc03
they are talking about how things are going to change come November "We are going to take our country back". I just had to butt in, I asked him who are you going to take your country back from? Then he starts about Acorn stealing the election and nobody voted for Obama except people on welfare and illegal aliens. I said listen here buddy I voted for him and I served in the Army and worked all my life and it is my country too. His wife shut him up. I asked are you on SS and he yes I paid into it and deserve it. I said go ahead a vote a Republican in and don't complain when they cut your SS and do away with Medicare..

Some tell him that he acted like an A-Hole but most cheer him on...

Dan D. Doty
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
It seems that every DUer has the RIGHT to stick their nose into everyone coversation.

In the real world the responce would be " Go f*ck yourself".

warpig
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't remember hearing anything about Republicans want to reduce SS payments. They want to offer an alternative to the government forceably taking your money to buy a bad product.

Lager
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Someone should do a study on the increase in the amount of bouncies at the du, in ratio to republican victories in midterm elections. It might prove more accurate than Gallup. :D

JB
09-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Someone should do a study on the increase in the amount of bouncies at the du, in ratio to republican victories in midterm elections. It might prove more accurate than Gallup. :DI was just about to post that it seems they're taking their anger to different places now that they can't post ad nauseum about their GW hatred.

You know what this means though? The probability that some CUers might start to run into these asswipes is on the rise. I rarely see these types of encounters posted on CU. It never happens to me either.

I look forward to some "So" stories here.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't remember hearing anything about Republicans want to reduce SS payments. They want to offer an alternative to the government forceably taking your money to buy a bad product.

Most people who are retiring now or in the near future would literally be millionaires if they were allowed to invest the money they contributed to SS - and if they got the same rate of return as the DJIA. This includes those that were somehow forced to retire and withdraw all of their money at the bottom of the crash in 2008.

Instead they have been bilked out of that money and those that have SS as their only source of income are destitute.

Yea Dems!!!!

warpig
09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Most people who are retiring now or in the near future would literally be millionaires if they were allowed to invest the money they contributed to SS - and if they got the same rate of return as the DJIA. This includes those that were somehow forced to retire and withdraw all of their money at the bottom of the crash in 2008.

Instead they have been bilked out of that money and those that have SS as their only source of income are destitute.

Yea Dems!!!!

Exactally! Just find a compound interest calculator on the web and prove it to your self.

warpig
09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
It remains interesting though that when the Repub's are in power they didn't push through an acceptable reform for SS. It's almost like they keep it around to have a vote getting issue.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Exactally! Just find a compound interest calculator on the web and prove it to your self.

If you make the maximum contribution under the current law, and earn 12% you would have almost $13.25 MILLION if you retire 40 years from now.

At 10% you would have well over $7 million, and at 8% you would have nearly $3.9 million

If you make $50,000 a year here is what you would have: At 12% - roughly $6.2 million, at 10% - roughly $3.3 million and at 8% you would have $1.8 million.

The democrats have fooled people into trading literally millions that they could live very comfortably on and then pass on to their children, for a paltry couple of thousand a month - that dies with them.

This assumes that you are able to invest the entire contribution made to SS - the part you see taken from your paycheck and the part that you do NOT see taken from your paycheck that your employer pays to SS instead of to you.

m00
09-02-2010, 10:26 PM
The probability that some CUers might start to run into these asswipes is on the rise. I rarely see these types of encounters posted on CU. It never happens to me either.

I found one at work. :D Went on a rant last week about how stupid the conservative stance on the 14th is.

Gingersnap
09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I talk a lot of politics in and out of work and I have yet to hear a conservative use the "take our country back" phrase. Now, I'm not saying it never happens but I've never heard it RL conversation.

I did have bouncy today, kind of. It's National Preparedness Month and I have to see to it that the usual government posters/flyers are posted on the bulletin boards appropriately. As I was kind of overseeing this little project, one guy sort joked about it and referenced "crazy survivalists". Two of the people walking by who overheard this remark instantly identified themselves as preppers.

Inside of 5 minutes we had a little crowd of 5 or 6 people excitedly discussing ammo, food storage, and grass-fed, beef-side processing. It was quite the animated discussion.

I love where I work. :)

enslaved1
09-06-2010, 04:14 PM
It remains interesting though that when the Repub's are in power they didn't push through an acceptable reform for SS. It's almost like they keep it around to have a vote getting issue.

A whole lot of why problems in the country don't get fixed. Reps are just as guilty of talking big in the campaign and not doing squat when they get in. One of many reasons why my voter registration says independent not republican.