PDA

View Full Version : DU proves once again how racist they are.

Carol
09-03-2010, 10:54 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9066985)

mfcorey1 (386 posts) Fri Sep-03-10 08:03 AM
Original message
I am trying to remember how Condolezza Rice survived the racist hatred of the

Confederate remnants in the Rethuglican party.
She didn't have any trouble with the Republican party...........she experience constant racist hatred by DUers though.

This is simply projection. It's how DUers feel about Condolezza, and any other conservative who also happens to be Black. I didn't keep their OP's and comments about her, and I don't post over there so I can't search for even a few of their many many vile threads.

JoePhilly (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-03-10 08:10 AM
Response to Original message
7. Here's is how my "typical white grandmother" would have explained it ...

Edited on Fri Sep-03-10 08:11 AM by JoePhilly
"She's one of the good ones."

Sadly, my grandmother (now deceased) used that phrase on many occasions, not in reference to Rice, but in regards to other blacks who she saw as "the good ones".

She also, in private company, would use the N-word. My sister and I would challenge her, and she would explain how she was not being racist by using that term.

She really believed that she saw everyone as equal, and that she could tell "the good ones" from "the bad ones". Oh, and most of them, in her view, were "the bad ones" to whom the N-word was appropriately applied.

On edit: My sense is that many in the Tea Party fit this model.

ejpoeta Donating Member (1000+ posts) t Fri Sep-03-10 08:29 AM
Response to Reply #7
9. i think you are right. the good ones vs the bad ones. that must be the ones

who know their place and the ones that cause trouble.... what's the word? uppity. i hate that word and have told people i don't want that used around my kids.

Pab Sungenis Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-03-10 08:35 AM
Response to Reply #7
12. If you want to take it a step further

she was a "House --" as opposed to a "field --." That's the way the racists saw her. She was loyal and cultured and useful, so she deserved less scorn in their eyes.

Bonhomme Richard Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-03-10 08:49 AM
16. Simple. She answered to white guys and did what they told her. n/t

T Wolf Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-03-10 09:22 AM
21. The GOP loves their "Toms" and there will always be "people" who sell out their own for

(perceived) power or money.

And, as others have pointed out - from the reich's perspective, when they can identify "one of the good ones" it proves that they are not racist.
Every single person who commented on that thread, and every single person who read that thread without calling them out should be ashamed of themselves, but I know common decency is too much to ask for from them.

NJCardFan
09-03-2010, 11:51 AM
This would be funny if it weren't so sad. Basically every one of those posts are criticizing any black who dared stray from the plantation. This is exactly what's being said.

FlaGator
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Apparently they have their own set of good ones and bad ones, good ones = liberal and bad ones = conservatives. Pot, kettle... black?

AmPat
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
JoePhilly (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-03-10 08:10 AM
7. Here's is how my "typical white grandmother" would have explained it ...

Edited on Fri Sep-03-10 08:11 AM by JoePhilly
"She's one of the good ones."

Sadly, my grandmother (now deceased) used that phrase on many occasions, not in reference to Rice, but in regards to other blacks who she saw as "the good ones".

She also, in private company, would use the N-word. My sister and I would challenge her, and she would explain how she was not being racist by using that term.

She really believed that she saw everyone as equal, and that she could tell "the good ones" from "the bad ones". Oh, and most of them, in her view, were "the bad ones" to whom the N-word was appropriately applied.

On edit: My nonsense is that many in the Tea Party fit this model.
She could probably "sense" that YOU were not one of the "good ones" and was sending you a message. Alas, her sense was correct and you are indeed one of the idiot liberals who believe in their view as the superior one. Too bad you turned into a fool despite your grandmothers teaching.:cool: