PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite and least favorite stand up comedians?

MountainMan
09-04-2010, 11:14 AM
My favorite contemporary atm is by far, Jeff Dunham. Man is down right funny and the left hates him.

Least favorite is Lisa Lampanelli. That woman is disgusting and her voice drives me up a fruggin wall which is why I suspect the only real gigs she gets atm is Comedy Central Roasts. I would seriously hope someday she would get hit by a train but something tells me she would swallow it whole.

Bailey
09-04-2010, 11:21 AM
My Favorite is Jimmy Norton :)

I hate any comedian that has to inject Left wing shtic into his/her act.

obx
09-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Larry the Cable guy is my favorite and Bill Maher is a really unfunny POS.
________
Www.Fuck (http://www.fucktube.com/)

warpig
09-04-2010, 11:43 AM
John Caparulo, Jeff Dunham, John Pinette and if you want totally non PC comedy Ralphie May. Your right about Lampanelli.

NJCardFan
09-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I tried watching Lisa Lampanelli's stand up once and after 30 minutes of "my boyfriend is black...did I mention that my boyfriend is black...you know, my boyfriend is black...my boyfriend, who's black by the way..." I had to turn it off. I think she's ok at those roasts and she good at ripping on others but her stand up is horrible. As for my favorites, the Blue Collar Comedy guys are my favorites. I like Dunham too(Ahmed the dead terrorist is hilarious). As for all time, Bill Cosby, George Carlin, Richard Jeni, Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx. These new comedians don't hold a candle to the old school guys. And can somebody tell me if there is a black comedian, aside from Bill Cosby, who's whole stand up isn't about being black?

As for least favorite, Jeneane Garofalo, Bill Mahr, Roseanne Barr, to name a few.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-04-2010, 11:56 AM
By far, Ron White is my favorite.

There are a LOT of comedians who are not worth a shit - and I cannot narrow it down.

FlaGator
09-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Favorite is Mitch Hedberg
Least favorite is Kathy Griffin

Apache
09-04-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

PoliCon
09-05-2010, 12:32 AM
I enjoy most comedians. I'm less impressed with people who have to 'push the envelope' and with those who use stand up to make political points - I don't care which way their politics lean. If I had to pick a favorite . . . Jeff Dunham. LEAST favorite? Steven Colbert.

Worthy of note? Raphie May . . . Gabriel Iglesias . . . . The Amazing Jonathan . . . . Ron White . . . . Rodney Carrington . . . Johnny Carson . . . . .Red Skeleton . . . .

PoliCon
09-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Lisa is all about being politically incorrect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWRNP8gNVMM

CueSi
09-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Favorite is Mitch Hedberg
Least favorite is Kathy Griffin

I also like the Late Mitch Hedberg. . . "Elevator temporarily Stairs."

My living favorites are: Stephen Lynch ("Craig"), Aisha Tyler (black comedienne who tends to talk more about her life as a gamer ), Lewis Black (his routines during Clintons tenure won me over as the funniest liberal living), Sheryl Underwood (Black, ex-servicewoman, also made jokes about her service, did Tough Crowd as a conservative), Colin Quinn (for his work on Tough Crowd), Nick DePaulo (Tough Crowd), Jim Norton (Tough Crowd), Tim Shillue (I love his "I'm An Artist", routine) , Vic Henley (southern and intelligent), Christopher Titus (fucked up and intelligent), Lisa Lampanelli in small doses (I'm sorry, mudshark humor is a weakpoint of mine because it reminds me that because of them, I have a shot of landing a man with a job/credit/a father/no record), Rickey Smiley (yes, it's black humor, but it's more about the characters he creates than anything else.)

And probably the reasons black comedians make their race their humor is because... maybe their audience won't listen to anything else and that's what their audiences expect?

Least favorite: Greg Fitsimmons (he just has a face that needs punching), Jeneane Garoflo (I hated her before she was famous), Kathy Griffin (Patronizing gay people does not make you funny), Patton Oswalt(angry and fat atheism doesn't make you funny). . .I know I hate some one else.

~QC

Space Gravy
09-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Favorite is Jim Gaffigan.

Least favorite is Kathy Griffin.

jendf
09-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Favorite is Jim Gaffigan.

Ditto. I got to see him at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix. My cheeks were sore from smiling and laughing so hard for two hours.

His obsession with bacon would please many CUers here.:D

noonwitch
09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Favorite: Chris Rock, Wanda Sykes, Ron White (he's that southern guy who always has a drink in his hand, right?), Lewis Black. Eddie Murphy Raw is one of the funniest stand up routines ever, unless you can't hanle hearing the f word used frequently.

Least favorite: Lisa Lampinelli.

All time favorite: The late, great George Carlin and Richard Pryor.

linda22003
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Like: Ralphie May, Ron White, Eddie Izzard, John Pinette.

Dislike: Lisa Lampanelli, Larry the Cable Guy.

To answer NJCardFan's question: A black comedian whose routine is not all about race, besides Bill Cosby, is Sinbad. His humor is for everyone.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Favorite: Chris Rock, Wanda Sykes, Ron White (he's that southern guy who always has a drink in his hand, right?), Lewis Black. Eddie Murphy Raw is one of the funniest stand up routines ever, unless you can't hanle hearing the f word used frequently.

Least favorite: Lisa Lampinelli.

All time favorite: The late, great George Carlin and Richard Pryor.

I liked the first half of RAW, but after that, I thought it got boring. ----- And yes, Ron White is the guy who always has a drink in his hand.

FlaGator
09-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I also like the Late Mitch Hedberg. . . "Elevator temporarily Stairs."

~QC

"A bouncer at a club said to me 'You have to move, you are blocking the fire exit'.
I said to him 'Man, if you have legs and are flamable you are never blocking a fire exit'"

Rebel Yell
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Chris Rock used to be one of my favorites until Kill the Messenger. Now he's on my least favorite list.

Favorites are Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, and Tim Wilson.

Rebel Yell
09-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I liked the first half of RAW, but after that, I thought it got boring. ----- And yes, Ron White is the guy who always has a drink in his hand.

Raw was good, but always overrated. Delirious was waaay better than Raw.

linda22003
09-07-2010, 12:33 PM
There are a lot of great Mitch Hedberg lines. These are some of my favorites:

My manager told me, "Mitch, don't use alcohol as a crutch." I can't use alcohol as a crutch because a crutch is something that helps me walk. Alcohol severely fucks up the way I walk. It's more like the step I didn't see.

You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Boy, you really like Tide."

The thing about tennis is, no matter how much you play, you'll never be as good as a wall. I played a wall, once. They're fuckiní relentless.

Molon Labe
09-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Raw was good, but always overrated. Delirious was waaay better than Raw.

Eddie Murphy is one of my favorites.

Richard Pryor is the King though. The Chinese stutterer bit is still one of the funniest things I ever saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gltcX1JcOvw

FlaGator
09-07-2010, 12:38 PM
There are a lot of great Mitch Hedberg lines. These are some of my favorites:

My manager told me, "Mitch, don't use alcohol as a crutch." I can't use alcohol as a crutch because a crutch is something that helps me walk. Alcohol severely fucks up the way I walk. It's more like the step I didn't see.

You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Boy, you really like Tide."

The thing about tennis is, no matter how much you play, you'll never be as good as a wall. I played a wall, once. They're fuckiní relentless.

His stuff about Smokey the Bear and Slappy the Frog just kill me.

noonwitch
09-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Like: Ralphie May, Ron White, Eddie Izzard, John Pinette.

Dislike: Lisa Lampanelli, Larry the Cable Guy.

To answer NJCardFan's question: A black comedian whose routine is not all about race, besides Bill Cosby, is Sinbad. His humor is for everyone.

I met Sinbad once when he was just David from Benton Harbor. I was really drunk and he was trying to teach me to play hearts. He kept filling up my wine glass and laughing at my drunk, 20 year old suburban white girl self.

linda22003
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Eddie Murphy is one of my favorites.

Richard Pryor is the King though. The Chinese stutterer bit is still one of the funniest things I ever saw.

It's odd how subjective humor can be. I love Pryor, but didn't even crack a smile during the clip you posted. I love his "prison" bit, though.

"Why did you kill EVERYbody in the house?" "Cuz they was home."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txp8B4ek_kk

Molon Labe
09-07-2010, 03:42 PM
It's odd how subjective humor can be. I love Pryor, but didn't even crack a smile during the clip you posted. I love his "prison" bit, though.

"Why did you kill EVERYbody in the house?" "Cuz they was home."

. I don't know why, but the Chinese stutter is just one of my favs.

The whole Live on Sunset strip is great. The murderer in the penitentiary is also gold. :p

Space Gravy
09-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Ditto. I got to see him at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix. My cheeks were sore from smiling and laughing so hard for two hours.

His obsession with bacon would please many CUers here.:D

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2009/05/the_physics_of_hot_pockets/hot-pockets.jpg

Jumpy
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
My favorite contemporary atm is by far, Jeff Dunham. Man is down right funny and the left hates him.

Least favorite is Lisa Lampanelli. That woman is disgusting and her voice drives me up a fruggin wall which is why I suspect the only real gigs she gets atm is Comedy Central Roasts. I would seriously hope someday she would get hit by a train but something tells me she would swallow it whole.
NO KIDDING!! Can anybody listen to her for more than 5 minutes?? I dont watch much tv, but when I have watched those comedy shows, Ron White always makes me laugh within a few minutes of listening.

Rebel Yell
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
NO KIDDING!! Can anybody listen to her for more than 5 minutes?? I dont watch much tv, but when I have watched those comedy shows, Ron White always makes me laugh within a few minutes of listening.

Her stand up isn't that good. She can't carry a full half hour set, but she is priceless as a roaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0O41v1ij-I&feature=player_embedded

Shannon
09-09-2010, 12:35 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2009/05/the_physics_of_hot_pockets/hot-pockets.jpg

LOL! One of my favorite bits. I don't know why I found that so funny but I can't make a Hot Pocket for the kid anymore without laughing.