PDA

View Full Version : I took this picture the morning of Jan 21, 2009 and posted it here on DU the same day

SarasotaRepub
09-04-2010, 09:39 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9076494)

Fumesucker http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-04-10 09:08 PM
Original message I took this picture the morning of Jan 21, 2009 and posted it here on DU the same day..

That was the morning after Obama was inaugurated, the image was a symbol to me of the dawning of a new age, against my better judgment I allowed myself to become hopeful with the inauguration of Barack Obama and the seating of a new Congress with substantial Democratic majorities.

Now I'm depressed, despondent, frustrated and hopeless and kicking myself for ever falling for a politician's rhetoric thanks in large measure to the spinelessness, fecklessness and sheer incompetence of the Democrats for whom I had such high hopes a mere eighteen months ago.

The Democratic party has once again snatched crushing defeat out of the very jaws of glorious victory.

Here is the original thread, if you go to my second post on the thread you'll see that I was very positive that morning.

I'm not going to be fooled again, I'll continue to vote for Democrats ( :rolleyes: ) but I will not allow myself to think that they might actually accomplish anything beyond a pale and halting imitation of mediocrity and I most certainly will not lose friends again over talking up Democrats to the people in my life here in this very red state, it's simply not worth the personal grief for the cold, thin gruel of reward the Democratic politicians deign to trickle down upon the base they so despise.

Their widdle hopes & dreams being crushed are sweet!!!! :cool:

warpig
09-04-2010, 10:13 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9076494)

Their widdle hopes & dreams being crushed are sweet!!!! :cool:

I feel good, yeah I do....................

NJCardFan
09-05-2010, 12:19 AM
How about these pictures of 1/21/09. Aren't these really apropos?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3214523581_0d5be3e9b2_o.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/21/article-0-03203EA4000005DC-489_634x414_popup.jpg

Dan D. Doty
09-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Well Fumesucker, you are a fool.

You learned that you made a mistake; believing all the BS that professional politicians.

But what makes you a fool is your willness to vote for the same people you know are lying to you.

You hold onto hate because you are afraid reality and facts more, and you are willing to vote for liars because you more afraid of change.

The world is a messed up, my dear Fumesucker because the one thing you need to change first to make it better is yourself; and you've already proven that you are not willing to do that.

marv
09-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm not going to be fooled again, I'll continue to vote for Democrats ....
but I will not allow myself to think that they might actually accomplish anything...
Hmmm, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Typical DUmmy.......

The problem was that "Hope and Change" didn't include a PLAN!

Dan D. Doty
09-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Hmmm, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

That was how Einstein defined insanity.

Tells you a lot about DU's members.

Odysseus
09-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm not going to be fooled again, I'll continue to vote for Democrats but I will not allow myself to think that they might actually accomplish anything beyond a pale and halting imitation of mediocrity...

Okay, so he's going to continue to vote for Democrats, even though they accomplish nothing? That's a serious breech of logic, even for DU.

m00
09-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Okay, so he's going to continue to vote for Democrats, even though they accomplish nothing? That's a serious breech of logic, even for DU.

Don't Republicans continue to vote Republican even though they tax and spend just as much as Democrats. :p

AmPat
09-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Don't Republicans continue to vote Republican even though they tax and spend just as much as Democrats. :p

Yes and no. The difference is that the GOP usually falls on the side of less is more regarding taxation whereas the DIMS say we are going to steal your money and dump it on useless and worthless entitlements. What the GOP pols do after their election is quite another story.

RobJohnson
09-05-2010, 10:34 PM
chrisa (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-04-10 09:13 PM
Response to Original message

2. UnRec, b/c I remember how George W. Bush was vs. Obama.
I still support Obama, despite the massive failure of spineless members of Congress to use their majority properly. However, many other useful things did happen in Congress that never would have happened with Republican control.

Odysseus
09-06-2010, 01:10 PM

"...as much as Democrats?" I don't think so. I'll take a $140 Billion deficit (Bush's last, with a Republican congress) over a $1.6 Trillion deficit (Obama's first, with Pelosi and Reid) any day.

m00
09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
"...as much as Democrats?" I don't think so. I'll take a $140 Billion deficit (Bush's last, with a Republican congress) over a $1.6 Trillion deficit (Obama's first, with Pelosi and Reid) any day.

Do you'll take a punch to the face over a kick in the nuts? That's some great choice ya got going there.

Odysseus
09-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Do you'll take a punch to the face over a kick in the nuts? That's some great choice ya got going there.

More like a love tap to a kick in the nuts. Government is always going to inflict some pain on us. It's its nature. But if you can't see the differences between Obama and Bush, you're really working hard at not looking.