PDA

View Full Version : What was up today?

SarasotaRepub
09-05-2010, 08:06 PM
SLW and I had to make a trip down to Ft. Myers today to run a few errands and such. We picked up some tomatoes and avocados from a road side stand on Tamaiami Trail
and hit the Costco down there.

On the way home I made a detour to show SLW Venice and a popular place down there...Sharkys (http://www.sharkysonthepier.com/). We didn't have time to stop for some food since we had left the puppers alone for some time. :D Next time...

Rockntractor
09-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I was a little behind so I worked this weekend, but I did sleep in an hour, I tossed and turned the last hour because I felt guilty for sleeping in. I bought a couple of new shirts today and tonight we had fresh green beans, new potato's and roasted chicken.

NJCardFan
09-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I mowed the lawn today, pulled weeds, and put down some mulch. Then we took the dogs for ice cream.

RobJohnson
09-05-2010, 09:59 PM
SLW and I had to make a trip down to Ft. Myers today to run a few errands and such. We picked up some tomatoes and avocados from a road side stand on Tamaiami Trail
and hit the Costco down there.

On the way home I made a detour to show SLW Venice and a popular place down there...Sharkys (http://www.sharkysonthepier.com/). We didn't have time to stop for some food since we had left the puppers alone for some time. :D Next time...

Sharky's On The Pier is a GREEN MACHINE :eek::eek::D

Looks like a nice place.

I spent some time today on the Mississippi River on a gambling boat in Davenport, IA and after that had a great meal at a huge Chinese buffet.

It's thundering here and about to storm.

My low back is not wanting me to enjoy my vacation, the pain has been really bad and the medication is not helping. Tuesday morning I will have to see a doctor here to see if I can get comfortable enough to get back on the plane Tuesday night to return home.

RobJohnson
09-05-2010, 10:03 PM
It just started to rain and the cable went out!

Gotta love the Midwest!:D

patriot45
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Went to a cookout at the pub tonite for some chicken and ...suprise, the guys that were doing the cooking caught a mess of catfish yesterday and they brought thier deep fryers. So we also got some killer fried catfish, hush puppies and grits!! Super bonus! :D

RobJohnson
09-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Went to a cookout at the pub tonite for some chicken and ...suprise, the guys that were doing the cooking caught a mess of catfish yesterday and they brought thier deep fryers. So we also got some killer fried catfish, hush puppies and grits!! Super bonus! :D

I love a good fish fry!

Ranger Rick
09-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Had to work today. It started off shitty and went down hill from there.

The Ferris Wheel snagged a cable and wrapped it around the axel. Took 2 hours to clear the wreckage and straighten out the parts.

It can only be better tomorrow.

Kay
09-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I cleaned house all day yesterday, but finished up a few details today like giving both dogs a bath, cleaning out the frige and cleaning the inside of my vehicle. Everything is squeaky clean around here now.

Late this afternoon I picked up my son from the airport. He had been back up in DC for a while. He was gone for 4 days and came back with a full beard. Got him home, he took a shower, came out all clean shaven and then some wench came by and picked him up. Now why would he not rather spend the evening sitting home with his mama? What's up with that? :confused:

NJCardFan
09-06-2010, 02:13 AM
We're taking the dogs for a ride today for Toby's hair cut. Then it's off to Wendy's for a double stack for the dogs. Man we spoil these dogs rotten.