PDA

View Full Version : Internet Sports streaming

Molon Labe
09-06-2010, 03:52 PM
The wife and I recently got rid of Direct TV so we could start consolidating some debt and get it completely paid off.

How you net savy types watch television on the net? Is there a place on the web to get free online sports....especially college and pro football?

I watched Texes Christian Saturday on ESPN 360, but if the games an "exclusive" then you can't get it from that site unless you subscribe. That's why the LSU UNC game was blacked out on the site.

This was probably the worst time of the year to get responsible, but I thought missing the games would be easier. :(

Constitutionally Speaking
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I live in the Blackout area for the Detroit Lions. Since they have been in a slump, attendance has slipped and they have not been selling out their home games.

I tried streaming the games, but because I cannot get Cable where I live, my download/upload speed are not enough to get very good quality on the sites that offer live streaming of the games.

I just went out and purchased a new old-fashioned VHF/UHF antenna so that I might be able to get the Grand Rapids Stations and thus my beloved Lions live.

Molon Labe
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I live in the Blackout area for the Detroit Lions. Since they have been in a slump, attendance has slipped and they have not been selling out their home games.

I tried streaming the games, but because I cannot get Cable where I live, my download/upload speed are not enough to get very good quality on the sites that offer live streaming of the games.

I just went out and purchased a new old-fashioned VHF/UHF antenna so that I might be able to get the Grand Rapids Stations and thus my beloved Lions live.

You're a brave man....one of my oldest closest friends lived in Detroit growing up and is now living in the bible belt. He is a die hard Lions and Woolverine fan.

I think tonights game is going to be on ESPN3....and I think it's available to everyone.
I really wanted to see the Tar heels try to knock off LSU. Heard it was a great game.

Rodriguez might finally have his crap together in Ann Arbor. :)

djones520
09-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I've been tempted to get the NHL Live feed, since I only get to watch about 5 Red Wings games during the regular season. But it's pricey as hell.

PoliCon
09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
The wife and I recently got rid of Direct TV so we could start consolidating some debt and get it completely paid off.

How you net savy types watch television on the net? Is there a place on the web to get free online sports....especially college and pro football?

I watched Texes Christian Saturday on ESPN 360, but if the games an "exclusive" then you can't get it from that site unless you subscribe. That's why the LSU UNC game was blacked out on the site.

This was probably the worst time of the year to get responsible, but I thought missing the games would be easier. :(

I don't know about sports - I turn on the radio for games - but I can tell you where you can download TV shows - and enjoy the blessing of not having to sit through a single commercial - it's quazi legal too. If the show is on a broadcast channel - it's legal. If it's a cable show . . . well then it gets iffy . . . .

You download utorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/) and then visit www.theparatebay.org or www.isohunt.com. Type in the name of the show - for example: Startrek. If you want a particular episode - you type in the name of the show plus a pretty straight forward code for season and episode numbers: StarTrek s01e12 . . . .

Constitutionally Speaking
09-06-2010, 05:40 PM
You're a brave man....one of my oldest closest friends lived in Detroit growing up and is now living in the bible belt. He is a die hard Lions and Woolverine fan.

I think tonights game is going to be on ESPN3....and I think it's available to everyone.
I really wanted to see the Tar heels try to knock off LSU. Heard it was a great game.

Rodriguez might finally have his crap together in Ann Arbor. :)

I hope so. Rich Rod has cost U-M a lot of fans - not just with the losing. I have always liked it about Michigan's Football program, that it has NEVER having been sanctioned by the NCAA.

NJCardFan
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
PM me and I'll point you in the right direction. I won't post it here because 2 other sites I used to frequent ended up getting shut down.

fettpett
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I believe that the only legal way to get streaming NFL games is through NFL.com, you can't even listen to them on a radio station's website due to legal restrictions. College..I'm not sure.