PDA

View Full Version : No 'Screaming Children' Allowed.

Gingersnap
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Carolina Beach restaurant says "no" to screaming children

Posted: Sep 06, 2010 3:14 PM MDT Updated: Sep 07, 2010 3:00 AM MDT
By Max Winitz - bio | email

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - A restaurant in Carolina Beach is stirring up controversy over a couple of signs reading, "Screaming children will not be tolerated."

The owner of the Olde Salty restaurant, Brenda Armes, is tired of having her customers complain to her about children misbehaving and screaming when others are trying to enjoy a quiet meal.

Armes says the signs have worked.

"It has been a good thing for us," Armes said. "It has brought us in more customers than it has ever kept away."

Gary Gibson was dining at the restaurant for the first time and agrees with Armes.

"It's not very enjoyable when you hear a bunch of kids screaming. It's nice to see a sign like that up," Gibson said.

While many are for the rule, some families are against it.

"I've never seen a restaurant say, don't bring your screaming kids in here," said Ashley Heflin, who is a mom of two. "You can't help it if your kids scream."

Armes says that if a child is screaming, a restaurant employee will ask the parent to take them outside to calm down. They will not be asked to leave the restaurant for good.

Good for them! While children scream unpredictably, staying at home with them almost completely eliminates the "annoyed stranger" angle. Dinners, movies, plays, and museum tours are often just too long for small children. An hour for a three year old is like 12 hours for an adult.

Keep them home or in 'kid-friendly' venues until they are old enough to manage frustration and boredom.

WECT (http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=13107715)

CueSi
09-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Good for them! While children scream unpredictably, staying at home with them almost completely eliminates the "annoyed stranger" angle. Dinners, movies, plays, and museum tours are often just too long for small children. An hour for a three year old is like 12 hours for an adult.

Keep them home or in 'kid-friendly' venues until they are old enough to manage frustration and boredom.

WECT (http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=13107715)

Seconded! :)

~QC

noonwitch
09-08-2010, 03:03 PM
"You can't help it if your kids scream".

Because she has that attitude, her kids will always scream in restaurants. If they want dinner, they won't scream.

ralph wiggum
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I guess that's why I prefer bars. No kids allowed. :cool:

Zafod
09-08-2010, 07:26 PM
"You can't help it if your kids scream".

Because she has that attitude, her kids will always scream in restaurants. If they want dinner, they won't scream.

my son knows that if he acts up his butt hurts. I dont do it in front of everyone but he knows if he acts up he gets it when we get home.

guess what? he doesnt act up most of the time. and he is only 3.....

NJCardFan
09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
"I've never seen a restaurant say, don't bring your screaming kids in here," said Ashley Heflin, who is a mom of two. "You can't help it if your kids scream."

Then you're a lousy parent. I get this woman is the type that if her kids do scream, she does nothing and catches an attitude if someone dares look at her crosseyed about it.

PoliCon
09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
about time public places start doing this. I always ask for different table if the hostess tries to put us near bratty kids.

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Good for the restaurant.

Sometimes I feel like telling proud parents, Congratulations. You've managed to shit out a puppy. Now keep it from howling or keep it at home.

:)

Rockntractor
09-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Good for the restaurant.

Sometimes I feel like telling proud parents, Congratulations. You've managed to shit out a puppy. Now keep it from howling or keep it at home.

:)

Wud up dawg, it's past your bedtime!:confused::D

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Wud up dawg, it's past your bedtime!:confused::D

I stayed up late for teh CU fantasy football draft.

How's it wid chu o noble hog? :D

Rockntractor
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I stayed up late for teh CU fantasy football draft.

How's it wid chu o noble hog? :D

I got rained out today so I had a day off!:D

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I got rained out today so I had a day off!:D

Well allrighty then. :D