PDA

View Full Version : Shooting In L.A.

NJCardFan
09-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm sure you all heard of the police shooting a knife wielding Guatemalan in Los Angeles which sparked(surprise:rolleyes:) riots by the Hispanic community. Well, for those of you who might think that shooting a man dead wielding a knife is a bit excessive, please look at the pictures on this link of what happens when a cop tries to disarm a knife wielding man:http://www.fraternalorderoflawenforcement.com/officer_assault.html Pictures are not for the squeamish.

djones520
09-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Not clicking the link, but I know what your talking about. The man thought his training was enough to handle the man with his bare hands. Several thousand stiches later....

A knife is a deadly weapon. It should be met with deadly force. If an intruder with a knife breaks into my home, I'm not grabbing a knife to get rid of him. I'm putting two .308 rounds through his chest.

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't know why people have the idea that a knife is less serious than a gun as a weapon. A normal guy can close 21 feet inside of 2 seconds. Since his hand is actually attached to the knife, he isn't going to miss.

Most police officers are simply not going have 100% accuracy at that distance under stress with a moving target. :(

Sonnabend
09-09-2010, 10:06 AM
DJones, I am at a loss to understand why you would use a .308, when Mossberg makes such wonderful shotguns. Mind you, the sponges and cleaning materials for after the forensics team leave CAN get expensive.....:eek: