PDA

View Full Version : I might be buying a house!

djones520
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
My wife is going to view a house we've been wanting to buy since spring this afternoon. We tried to get it in May, but the realtor company already had a buyer. Just a couple weeks ago, that fell through, so we're jumping on it.

It's a 2080 square foot, 4 bedroom, 3 bath. Sits on an acre of land, and has shared frontage with a small lake about 15 minutes from Traverse City, Michigan. It's a short sale property that we're hoping to get for $67,000.

That is the exact area I want to live in when I retire, so this is like a dream come true. Keep your fingers crossed, cause I really want this to happen.

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Good luck! It sounds like a steal. :)

djones520
09-09-2010, 10:38 AM
http://images.marketleader.com/HouseImages/TAAR/678/1714678.jpg

Thats a pic of the house.

http://images.marketleader.com/HouseImages/TAAR/678/1714678_14.jpg

That's the lake.

Rockntractor
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
You like to fish, this would be perfect.
You do know it would make it even harder every time you deploy.

obx
09-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Good Luck.
________
Lorain assembly (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lorain_Assembly)

djones520
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
You like to fish, this would be perfect.
You do know it would make it even harder every time you deploy.

I won't be living in this for another 11 years. This is a retirement home. So everytime I deploy, it'll be easier, cause that much more money to pay the mortgage off with. :p

With the price it's at right now, the wife and I will be able to handle mortgage payments without taking in renters, so we may just use it as a vacation property until we move in permanently.

jendf
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Fingers crossed for you! Hope you get it.

djones520
09-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Oh I am so unbelievably pissed off at the Air Force right now...

I was just denied a pre-approval on the loan because my Travel Card was delinquent for a month. My finance office refused to process my travel voucher, so I was unable to pay off my Government Travel Card until a month after the payment was due. This caused a negative hit on my credit report, that makes me ineligible to recieve a loan.

I am so furious right now. I'm not going to be able to buy this house because some fucknut assholes dicked me over on something that was totally out of my control.

This happened twice in a 3 months period, and it knocked my credit score below acceptable levels for a VA loan.

obx
09-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Ask if the owner will finance a loan with a balloon payment after you have time to get your credit fixed.
________
Shemale Brazilian (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/953/brazilian/videos/1)

SaintLouieWoman
09-09-2010, 05:57 PM

I was just denied a pre-approval on the loan because my Travel Card was delinquent for a month. My finance office refused to process my travel voucher, so I was unable to pay off my Government Travel Card until a month after the payment was due. This caused a negative hit on my credit report, that makes me ineligible to recieve a loan.

I am so furious right now. I'm not going to be able to buy this house because some fucknut assholes dicked me over on something that was totally out of my control.

This happened twice in a 3 months period, and it knocked my credit score below acceptable levels for a VA loan.

Is there any appeal since you can prove the finance office didn't process your travel voucher? It might be worth a try.

hampshirebrit
09-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Why I've always declined to use corporate charge cards. The corporation gets all the bennies, you take all the hits. No thanks.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Silver Lake???

SarasotaRepub
09-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad news djones.:(

That is a very nice looking home.

djones520
09-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Silver Lake???

Nah, I did live on Silver Lake for a while though. This is a smaller lake just a couple miles south of Lake Ann.

I'm going to try to contact the credit companies and get those items removed. My score only needs to be improved a few points to get to that minimum, so hopefully I can make that happen. I haven't totally given up on this yet.

I wish I could decline the card Hamp, but the AF pretty much makes it a requirement. They refuse to provide advance funds anymore, it's all gotta be paid back in vouchers. So when they send me places, I'm forced to use the card.