PDA

View Full Version : Jane Fonda to tell all about plastic surgery makeover

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Jane Fonda to tell all about plastic surgery makeover

http://i52.tinypic.com/r08l5x.jpg
Getty Images

Jane Fonda is to reveal all about her recent cosmetic surgery makeover in a new book about aging.

The actress and feminist insists she has nothing to hide after initially agonizing over her decision to go under the knife to look younger, and she hopes to be able to justify her actions in a new tome.

The "Barbarella" star tells U.S. news show Entertainment Tonight, "I recently had plastic surgery; it was a hard decision to make and I decided if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna tell the truth. I'm writing a book about aging; I can't write that book and not say I've had plastic surgery."

"I just decided it was for me; I didn't wanna have bags under my eyes that made me look tired."

And she has her healthy lifestyle to thank for her general wellbeing: "I'm careful about what I eat, I stay active, walk a lot. I have good genes."

Not sure if this worked to any significant degree. :confused:

Chron (http://blogs.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2010/09/jane_fonda_to_tell_all_about_p.html?utm_source=fee dburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fcelebrityb uzz+%28Celebrity+Buzz%29)

ironhorsedriver
09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Jane Fonda is a traitor, she should still be in prison.

obx
09-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Ditto.
________
Steaming (http://www.cooking-chef.com/steaming/)

Shannon
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh jeez. What is she, like 75? Shouldn't there come a point when you just say fuck it, I'm old? And plastic surgery doesn't seem like a "feminist" thing to do.

ralph wiggum
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Meh, she was married to Ted Turner, that would be like prison.

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Oh jeez. What is she, like 75? Shouldn't there come a point when you just say fuck it, I'm old? And plastic surgery doesn't seem like a "feminist" thing to do.

LOL! Fonda is about as feminist as my dog. She talks a good line but she has spent her life in an industry that rejects the vast majority of female actors who live beyond 40. An industry, moreover, that portrays most women as angry/confused sex objects.

When she wasn't busy pandering to big screen sexual stereotypes, she was marching at the forefront of the nascent home aerobics craze. Luckily, she could afford to replace the various joints she destroyed in the 80s. Her audience? Not so much. Listen to one of her old videos sometime. They are full of loathing for normal female body types.

On her own time, she has made a career out of being a trophy wife or auditioning for the role.

She may be a talented actress, good fundraiser, and excellent hostess but she's no feminist. :p

noonwitch
09-09-2010, 01:03 PM

She's such a feminist role model in "Barbarella".

Politics aside, I thought she looked good for her age. If the photo is a "before" photo, she looks very good for 75 without surgery.

CueSi
09-09-2010, 04:00 PM
<looks at picture again>

Nope, still an ugly-souled traitor. Methinks she should get her money back. :p

~QC

Calypso Jones
09-09-2010, 04:29 PM
That seems to be a pretty decent cosmetic surgery. Note her ears. No little poofs on her cheeks close to the sides of her mouths. cause she speaks outta both sides. The twit said she'd never get cosmetic surgery. didn't she? Or she said, she had NEVER had it before. One or the other. Either way, she's a liar and a traitor.

patriot45
09-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Lars would hit it!

:D

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Lars would hit it!

You'd hit it after dark on a Friday night.

patriot45
09-09-2010, 07:09 PM
You'd hit it after dark on a Friday night.

Maybe after 88 oz. of mountain dew and vodka.... but the diff is I'd hit it with a shovel!

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Maybe after 88 oz. of mountain dew and vodka.... but the diff is I'd hit it with a shovel!

Sure - after.

SteveinINDY
09-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Edited - Djones520

djones520
09-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Steve... lets tone it down a little bit. We're not quite so militant here.

Why don't you pop into the Welcome Wagon and introduce yourself.