PDA

View Full Version : So now that the president and the party are lashing out at the GOP...

Carol
09-09-2010, 06:44 PM
This is a very entertaining thread from the faction of liberals that think that put downs and yelling over someone with an opposing point of view equals WINNING.

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9100044)

WCGreen Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-08-10 09:31 PM
Original message
So now that the president and the party are lashing out at the GOP... Updated at 2:09 AM

Edited on Wed Sep-08-10 10:00 PM by WCGreen
Think about this for a moment.

Up until now, the GOP has had a free reign to basically say whatever bat shit crazy thing they want and nothing will happen.

And they just became more and more extreme.

Now what they said is out there, with all this extreme rhetoric on the record, when no one was really listening, the president and the party can, if they have the balls and after listening to a few speeches seems to show that they do, paint them as the extremist ass holes they really are.

But one or two speeches are not enough.

The president should push them from now until November and Pelosi and Reid should bring some stuff to the floor that will back them further into that corner...

Perhaps this was the plan all along.

Who knows.

But this strategy, campaigning when people are actually paying attention, can work.

kentuck Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-08-10 09:33 PM
Response to Original message
1. Yep... Updated at 2:12 AM

They need to make the flames about ass-high. Until they feel the heat. :-)

CaliforniaPeggy Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-08-10 09:37 PM
2. I hope they're on your wavelength!

Because this is just what they need to do...

It not only can work, it should work!

Recommended.
And when it doesn't work they'll yell that the election was stolen.

TheKentuckian Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-08-10 09:56 PM
5. We should have gone to the mattresses no later than a year ago after being given a chance Updated at 11:04 PM

to actually attempt to participate in governing.

I'd have skipped the honeymoon as well but I can understand trying but the American electorate doesn't give extra credit for turning the other cheek after both have taken a hit.

The Republicans are completely ideologically bankrupt, their social stances belong in ancient history's wastebin, they are criminally inclined, they are insane pushing clearly failed policy, they do not believe in governance other than as an instrument of oppression and profiteering, and they frankly don't give a shit about most of the souls in the country much less the world.

Our best issues are reality and reality says these folks these bastards are stupid, dangerous, and delusional which means you absolutely must treat them as such or you indicate that they are at worst credible.

You don't partner with and respect dangerous loons. You don't legitimize failed ideas.

Mira Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-08-10 11:29 PM
11. Every Day! A new speech in which he hammers down his talking points til he is heard.

Bush was in re-election mode almost all the time, and did no work.
The rest of the time he was on vacation.

Obama just stepped up to the plate in this fight for keeping control of the House and the Senate, and in my opinion needs to push for it til the election.
He has been moderate about vacation days, it's documented.

He has a job to do til the election.
I say let him do it, and thumbs down on those who want to criticize him.
applegrove Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-09-10 12:27 AM
16. I agree Obama kept his powder dry while the GOP was in perpetual campaign mode.

I can hardly wait for the next two months because it has been a while since the GOP has really been bashed for all that they do and they deserve it.LOL.

I knew that was coming. Obama has been legitimately criticized for being in constant campaign mode. (He seems to think that if he keeps talking those who do not agree with him will magically change their mind.) Every time a democrat is criticized like this liberals eventually, usually sooner than later, turn it around and say the same thing about a Republican. They seem to think that they can negate the power of what is the TRUTH, by lying about Republicans.

BadCat
09-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Here's your problem moonbats.

Americans have decided your "president" is an ineffectual liar.

He's the laughing stock of politics and any "campaigning" he's doing is only making him and you look even more stupid.

SarasotaRepub
09-09-2010, 08:30 PM
DUmmies, we would have been better off with Hillary. :p:D

Dan D. Doty
09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
And when it doesn't work they'll yell that the election was stolen.

You expect that one twenty minutes, or less after the votes have been counted

warpig
09-09-2010, 10:01 PM
The Demo trying to get reelected are running away from the O man as fast as they can......

FDK
09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
DUmmies, we would have been better off with Hillary. :p:D

True dat.

hoplophobe
09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
TheKentuckian Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-08-10 09:56 PM
5. We should have gone to the mattresses no later than a year ago after being given a chance Updated at 11:04 PM

to actually attempt to participate in governing.

Participate in governing with President "I won"? :confused:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/01/23/obama-to-gop-i-won/

Bailey
09-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Participate in governing with President "I won"? :confused:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/01/23/obama-to-gop-i-won/

LOL ya the Republicans were told to follow or nothing, so much for being inclusive.

FDK
09-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Good thing Obama isn't ALWAYS in campaign mode.

He does take vacations you know.:)