View Full Version : The Gap-Toothed Trend Leads Some To Get Their Teeth Gapped

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 08:56 PM
The Gap-Toothed Trend Leads Some To Get Their Teeth Gapped

Susannah Breslin's avatar Posted by: Susannah Breslin Filed in: style
1:40PM, Thursday September 9th 2010
Comments (14)

Lindsey WixsonW Magazine

I’ve written about the gap-toothed trend here two times before (here and here) because I have a gap between my front teeth. Finally, I am organically on trend! The other day, I was actually wondering if, because of all the famous people rocking a gap between their teeth—from models to actresses—some people would actually get a gap put between their teeth. Sure enough, the Wall Street Journal reports folks are doing just that.

After the death of his father, fashion designer David Delvin had a dentist put a gap put between his teeth because: “It was a metaphor for the separation I was feeling.” Alrighty then! The Journal goes on to speculate that the spacey smile is coveted these days as it provides a unique “character” alternative to the overly airbrushed, seemingly “perfect” images that proliferate throughout pop culture. Lindsey Wixson, Anna Paquin, and Georgia Jagger are all name-checked as leaders in the gap-toothed movement.

Hipsters without tongue studs are mimicking the damage done by hipsters with tongue studs. So amusing. :D

The Frisky (http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-the-gap-toothed-trend-leads-some-to-get-their-teeth-gapped/?TrackID=DCF)

Rockntractor
09-09-2010, 09:01 PM
There is a large gap where their brains should be.:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 09:06 PM
There is a large gap where their brains should be.:rolleyes:

Maybe. Personally, I'm trying to reconcile the advantages of oral sex with a tongue stud versus the obvious disadvantages in the same scenario with gapped teeth.

Maybe I don't get out enough. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Maybe. Personally, I'm trying to reconcile the advantages of oral sex with a tongue stud versus the obvious disadvantages in the same scenario with gapped teeth.

Maybe I don't get out enough. :rolleyes:

I tried to imagine it earlier but I got side tracked, forgot about it and ate some cookies!:D

Gingersnap
09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I tried to imagine it earlier but I got side tracked, forgot about it and ate some cookies!:D

Oooh, look! A lemur juggling Fritos! :D