PDA

View Full Version : Where were you?

bflavin
09-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Where were you when you found out about the events that day?

I was in high school still, in my sophomore English class. We had been reading a book called "Alas, Babylon", a novel about a family trying to survive in the aftermath of a nuclear war. The teacher had just gave us an assignment to write an essay about "What war means to me" or something to that effect. A few minutes later, one of the secretaries came over the intercom and told us to turn on the tv.

We spent most of the rest of the day watching the coverage.

lacarnut
09-11-2010, 02:19 AM
I was waiting for our turn to come up on a Sales Tax appeals case at the Louisiana Tax Commission. Watched it for several hours there. Took the rest of the day off after the case was postponed and watched it at home.

FlaGator
09-11-2010, 03:08 AM
driving in to work. I was on vacation but they called me in to fix something. I was listening to the radio when the 2nd plane hit. I never did get to work on what they called me in to do. Just watched the happenings on a TV in one of the labs.

Sonnabend
09-11-2010, 04:03 AM
At home at first then at work..we watched it on TV in the office.

Bailey
09-11-2010, 05:11 AM
I was working 4 to 12 shift and I woke up after the first plane hit and was half asleep when the second hit. I was hoping i was having a nightmare, the rest of the day I watched it at home.

asdf2231
09-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Lauril Maryland trying to get back to Fort Meade.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-11-2010, 07:06 AM
I heard about the first hit while in my office - my secretary mentioned it as I was headed out the door to see a client. Found out about the rest of it while at my client's place of business. Watched it there for about an hour, then went home.

Apache
09-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Wondering why I was listening to New York traffic coverage in Phoenix... got to my supply house a few minutes before the second plane hit. I saw that happen live :( Got back to the job-site and turned on every TV that had power....

MrsSmith
09-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Mr Smith and I were married, but still living 8 hours apart, and I'd taken an extra day to stay with him. He was at work, and I was home...he called me and told me to turn on the TV. I watched the news for a while, called my Mom and my grown kids, then went to Mr Smith's work and watched it with him and his co-workers for the rest of the day.

There were a few Muslim kids at the college that actually started celebrating...my daughter was in the Student Union when it happened, so witnessed it...but they rapidly decided to shut-up and leave... I believe they left entirely at the end of the semester, but am not sure. I do know that there were no complaints about us horrible Americans abusing them...

Sonnabend
09-11-2010, 09:37 AM
There were a few Muslim kids at the college that actually started celebrating.

More than few here

Sick little fuckers :mad:

warpig
09-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I was on the phone with a woman who's sister worked in one of the towers when we heard of the second plane hitting.

marv
09-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Sitting in our livingroom watching Fox and Friends waiting for our home owner's secretary so we could go to the lawyer's office to review our new constitution and bylaws.

He called and said he'd be late!

NJCardFan
09-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I was working at American Airlines' reservations call center in Cary, NC. I took maybe 10 phone calls all day. Betty Ong who was a flight attendant on flt.11 used one of the air phones in the back of the plane and ended up calling our call center. To say it was a surreal day for us is an understatement. The only life footage I saw was the 2nd plane hitting and when the 1st tower fell.

NJCardFan
09-11-2010, 11:04 AM
There were a few Muslim kids at the college that actually started celebrating
I would have beaten their asses with extreme prejudice.

JB
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I was working in a high-rise in Center City Philadelphia taking occassional looks out the window as we did not know how widespread the attacks were. They officially dismissed us at 11:00 AM even though it appeared to be over by then.

I then waited to hear if a childhood friend that worked in the WTC was murdered. He was.

I then waited to hear if two classmates that worked in the WTC were murdered. They weren't.

Nine years on and I am still in the Anger phase. If I ever reach Acceptance I will eat lead.

Rockntractor
09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I didn't have anyone there that I knew personally, for some reason I have no feeling of sadness or mourning, I am just angry and I grow angrier by the day. I look at this political group disguised as a religion flipping us off day after day while the left panders to them and kisses their asses. I hope someday they will pay in full for their actions.

enslaved1
09-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I walked into my "gotta get a job any job" at Dairy Queen and was told that the radio said something crashed/blewup in New York. There wasn't a TV in the store, so bits and pieces came trickling in all day while we wondered if we needed to get to our homes and the homes of friends with large ammo supplies.