PDA

View Full Version : New band debut.

BadCat
09-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Finally got a band together here in the land of golf balls and Lexus's.

This is a sleepy little resort village, where all the entertainment consists of a folk singer guy sitting on a stool in a bar and playing an acoustic guitar.

The new band, called "Nightdale and the Triangle", left little doubt that we were "different". 3 Les Paul guitars, a bass and drums.

This was our opening song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz3jVgJTq9U

Started out with about 60 people and ended up with about 250.

Had a really good time.

FlaGator
09-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Good tune but I'd rather see some video of the band. :)

BadCat
09-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Good tune but I'd rather see some video of the band. :)

We got a long way to go before we could do anything video quality. I think we did "Hot Rails" pretty well, because everyone knew the tune.

Some of the others were not so hot. We managed to screw up "Rebel Rebel", which is an incredibly easy song to play.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I like it!!! Keep posting as they become available!

BadCat
09-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I like it!!! Keep posting as they become available!

That was Blue Oyster Cult, we did a cover of that song, and probably didn't sound that good. But it's a pretty hard song to do correctly.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM
That was Blue Oyster Cult, we did a cover of that song, and probably didn't sound that good. But it's a pretty hard song to do correctly.

I like Blue Oyster Cult,and you guys did fine. I'm looking forward to future clips.

BadCat
09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I like Blue Oyster Cult,and you guys did fine. I'm looking forward to future clips.

We have a sound board recording of all the channels.

I haven't got to listen to all of it yet, but those were supposed to be UPSTROKES on "Rebel Rebel", not one guitar doing an upstroke and two guitars doing a downstroke.

Maybe I'm just too picky, I doubt anybody else even noticed it.

Bubba Dawg
09-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Good to hear you've put together a band. Keep playing, it will get better.

FlaGator
09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
We got a long way to go before we could do anything video quality. I think we did "Hot Rails" pretty well, because everyone knew the tune.

Some of the others were not so hot. We managed to screw up "Rebel Rebel", which is an incredibly easy song to play.

Email me some audio when you get a chance.

FlaGator
09-11-2010, 09:26 PM
It needs more cowbell...

warpig
09-11-2010, 09:26 PM
You mean a band with real musicians making real music????........................good for you we need more.

RobJohnson
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Did the old bastards get up and dance? :D

Glad to hear you were able to get a band together. Sounds like things are falling into place out there.

RobJohnson
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
It needs more cowbell...
LOL :D