PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 1

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I know we've had a game Thursday night, but it's Sunday and it gets real today.

Hawt Damn.

fettpett
09-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Bungles got their butts kicked, Lion's got screwed and the Steelers pulled one out of their collective asses in OT. Packers are up 13-3 at Half time.

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Falcons lost. :(

My fantasy team is getting its butt kicked.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I am absolutely livid. The Lions got ROYALLY screwed. The only thing Calvin Johnson DIDN'T do is take the ball home to his momma. :mad:

warpig
09-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Go Texans!!!

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I am absolutely livid. The Lions got ROYALLY screwed. The only thing Calvin Johnson DIDN'T do is take the ball home to his momma. :mad:

I agree.

patriot45
09-12-2010, 10:26 PM

As far as I was concerned, he made that catch, 2 hands on the ball, ball in controll as he hit the ground!! What more do you need for a catch in the end zone!!!! BS!!!

NJCardFan
09-12-2010, 11:24 PM
As far as I was concerned, he made that catch, 2 hands on the ball, ball in controll as he hit the ground!! What more do you need for a catch in the end zone!!!! BS!!!

If that were the Cowboys or Vikings or Patriots, there would no question it would have been a TD. And my Cards did their best to piss me off today. 7 fumbles with 4 lost? Really?

PC Guy
09-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Bungles got their butts kicked, Lion's got screwed and the Steelers pulled one out of their collective asses in OT.

The way you've stated the end results for these 3 teams is making me laugh like crazy. http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Varios-big-087.gif

PC Guy
09-13-2010, 12:01 AM
1) San Francisco at Seattle: many were pretty sure that the winning team would win big, except for the fact that the winning team wasn't the team who we thought it would be.

2) Dallas at Washington: 12 penalties by Dallas. Just a complete lack of focus and discipline by Dallas. For Dallas, this game belongs in the "could have-should have-would have" section.

jendf
09-13-2010, 01:07 AM
If that were the Cowboys or Vikings or Patriots, there would no question it would have been a TD. And my Cards did their best to piss me off today. 7 fumbles with 4 lost? Really?

Cards were terrible. If they can barely squeak out a win against St. Louis, I can only imagine the blood baths that are in their future.

warpig
09-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Cards were terrible. If they can barely squeak out a win against St. Louis, I can only imagine the blood baths that are in their future.

Could be the Cowboys, who seem to think all they have to do is take the field and it's a win...............:(

NJCardFan
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM

Meh, we had a tough time out there last season with Warner so I chalk it up to the any given Sunday thing, however, the mistakes have to be brought down to a minimum. You can't fumble twice in the red zone and expect to dodge a bullet every time. This team cost themselves quite a few points today on mistakes. As for the 49ers, I don't know where these "experts" came to the conclusion that Alex Smith is a QB good enough to lead a team to a division title. The guy is average at best and it showed yesterday. I've often said that if there is a team that's going to knock the Cards from the top of the division, it's going to be Seattle and they looked like it yesterday. SF is going to get pounded against New Orleans next week.

Shannon
09-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Despite their best efforts to give the game away, the Fins managed to win. They have a tough schedule this year though. Tampa and Jax also won. I was happily surprised.

namvet
09-13-2010, 10:13 AM
rat face wins on holding call

cowboys vs skins vid last play of the game. :confused:

link (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a7e14e/Hook-Line-and-Sinker)

all high lite vids there as well

namvet
09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
tonite. ill go with KC over the bolts

Bal over the jets.

I know a way we can select our picks for the week. but i need a mod or admin ... who's available???

Bubba Dawg
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm going with Baltimore and KC too.

Two Monday Night games. w00t!!!

namvet
09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm going with Baltimore and KC too.

Two Monday Night games. w00t!!!

KC and the Bolts is late game. hope i can stay awake

NJCardFan
09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
rat face wins on holding call

cowboys vs skins vid last play of the game. :confused:

link (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a7e14e/Hook-Line-and-Sinker)

all high lite vids there as well

That wasn't just holding, that was mugging. The call was correct. Anytime your hands are outside the shoulder pads, it's going to attract attention. The arm around the throat was just the cherry on the sundae.

namvet
09-13-2010, 08:38 PM
That wasn't just holding, that was mugging. The call was correct. Anytime your hands are outside the shoulder pads, it's going to attract attention. The arm around the throat was just the cherry on the sundae.

bet he's in coach's shithouse today

NJCardFan
09-13-2010, 10:50 PM
What a snoozer of a first MNF game. 10-9.

namvet
09-13-2010, 11:04 PM
stormin in KC. 7-7