PDA

View Full Version : Nhl

djones520
09-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Season is starting soon, and I'm getting super psyched about it.

The Wings got a tough start. They play against the Penguins on the season opener, then the next two games are against the Black Hawks. 5 Games this year against the Penguins. That's quite a bit since their in differant conferances. We got a couple new faces to the Roster this year, like Modano and hopefully they'll help us with another good season.

So who's going for what teams this year?

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Okay. I've been to one hockey game in my life and loved it. It was an exhibition game played in Jacksonville Florida.

For me hockey doesn't translate well to television. I don't enjoy watching it.

But, I'll go with a team just for you, sir.

The Philadelphia Flyers!!!!!!

Cuz they're THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS!!!!!!!

FLYERS!!!!!

djones520
09-12-2010, 12:09 PM
It is always better in person. I've been to 4 Lightning games when my dad lived in St. Petersburg. Been to one Red Wings game (well really a Blue's game, but I went for the Wings) since I've been stationed in St. Louis. I've been to a few "minor league" and college games as well. Their always fun to watch.

TV doesn't have the same allure, but I'll take what I can get. Especially stuck on this side of the world.

Bailey
09-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Okay. I've been to one hockey game in my life and loved it. It was an exhibition game played in Jacksonville Florida.

For me hockey doesn't translate well to television. I don't enjoy watching it.

But, I'll go with a team just for you, sir.

The Philadelphia Flyers!!!!!!

Cuz they're THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS!!!!!!!

FLYERS!!!!!

I have to agree with you :)

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2010, 12:26 PM
It is always better in person. I've been to 4 Lightning games when my dad lived in St. Petersburg. Been to one Red Wings game (well really a Blue's game, but I went for the Wings) since I've been stationed in St. Louis. I've been to a few "minor league" and college games as well. Their always fun to watch.

TV doesn't have the same allure, but I'll take what I can get. Especially stuck on this side of the world.

I may go to a Gwinnett Gladiators game this year. Minor league hockey but I'm also a big fan of minor league baseball.

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I have to agree with you :)

Yep. Philadelphia.

You know, Pittsburg is a great city for a hockey team. Maybe one day they'll have one there. :)

Bailey
09-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Yep. Philadelphia.

You know, Pittsburg is a great city for a hockey team. Maybe one day they'll have one there. :)

SNAP!!!!!

Did you see that Broad Street Bullies documentary on HBO? IN MY NOT so humble Opinion was the best documentary EVAH!!!!

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
SNAP!!!!!

Did you see that Broad Street Bullies documentary on HBO? IN MY NOT so humble Opinion was the best documentary EVAH!!!!

Missed that. I'll check it out.

NJCardFan
09-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Missed that. I'll check it out.

I have it DVR'd. I'm a huge Flyers fan and became hooked on hockey thanks to the Broad Street Bullies. I realized a dream when I got to go underneath the Spectrum and roam the same halls and go into the same locker room as Dave Schultz, Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke and the rest of those Cup winning teams. But as for this season, I'm still not over the disappointment of losing the finals this year. Not to mention that they didn't improve the goaltending position.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Sorry folks, but the Wings are going to reclaim THEIR cup.

SaintLouieWoman
09-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Sorry folks, but the Wings are going to reclaim THEIR cup.

I still "bleed blue", as hawked in teh STL Blue's commercials. But I'm not going to predict that the Blues are going to "reclaim THEIR cup". I might be a fan, but I'm not that much of a dreamer. :D

GO BLUES.

About 7 years ago got free tickets for the Blues' game in the 3rd row, center. Now that was exciting. You could almost feel the collisions. It was awesome!

NJCardFan
09-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I still "bleed blue", as hawked in teh STL Blue's commercials. But I'm not going to predict that the Blues are going to "reclaim THEIR cup". I might be a fan, but I'm not that much of a dreamer. :D

GO BLUES.

About 7 years ago got free tickets for the Blues' game in the 3rd row, center. Now that was exciting. You could almost feel the collisions. It was awesome!

Wouldn't the Blues have had to have won it in order to reclaim it? :p

Constitutionally Speaking
09-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Wouldn't the Blues have had to have won it in order to reclaim it? :p

Ouch!

NJCardFan
09-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Ouch!

Just sayin'. :D

djones520
09-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Just an interesting note I just learned. Someone I worked with here is engaged to the Senator's Goalie Brian Elliott.

Zathras
09-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Hopefully the Sharks will go farther in the playoffs this year. They picked up Niemi, the goalie that shut them down in the playoffs, from Chicago to replace Nabokov so I think we'll be ok.

NJCardFan
09-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Just an interesting note I just learned. Someone I worked with here is engaged to the Senator's Goalie Brian Elliott.

Yes, but there is someone on the Senators who I am very, very jealous of because of who he's married to:

And I found out last night that the Flyers are going to give Bill Guerin a tryout. Um, can we get some younger guys in please?

djones520
09-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, but there is someone on the Senators who I am very, very jealous of because of who he's married to:

And I found out last night that the Flyers are going to give Bill Guerin a tryout. Um, can we get some younger guys in please?

Be jealous of this guy too. She was one hell of a looker.