PDA

View Full Version : JFK was a Republican

swirling_vortex
09-12-2010, 12:47 PM
At least, that's what you might think if you didn't know what party JFK ran under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMvZinMb6E
It shows how far-left the Democratic Party has become since then.

warpig
09-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Compared to todays Republicans yes. The current consevative movement started with Goldwater bringing it to the masses. Before that the William F. Buckleys of the world ruled conservative tought only they didn't set it out for mass consumption.

warpig
09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
It is true that tax cuts are not a new idea. In 1964, Democratic President Kennedy’s tax cuts represented 8.8 percent of the budget—far greater than even the Bush or Reagan tax cuts. While the federal government faced a budget deficit, Kennedy favored “an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal in corporate income taxes.” Kennedy’s tax cuts reduced the top income tax bracket from 91 percent to 70 percent. In the eight years that Kennedy’s tax cuts were in effect, tax revenue actually doubled. In fact, every time that a President has dramatically lowered taxes, tax revenue has increased. According to Kennedy,

It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now.

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jborowski/obama-v-kennedy-on-tax-hikes

JBG
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
At least, that's what you might think if you didn't know what party JFK ran under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMvZinMb6E
It shows how far-left the Democratic Party has become since then.

JFK talked the talk but wimpted out to the liberals on most issues. He really didn't get much done.

I think he was a very overratetd President.

marinejcksn
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
He led us through the Cuban Missle Crisis, cut taxes and pushed for Civil Rights.

Yeah, he f***ed up the Bay of Pigs and screwed around on his wife. Compared to the weasels we have today, Jack was a great man. The Democrats abandoned Kennedy politics decades ago. If he were alive today, he'd be a Republican.

His assasination tore a hole in so many people's hearts. To me, he's greatly missed.

JBG
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM
He led us through the Cuban Missle Crisis, cut taxes and pushed for Civil Rights.

In his "leadership" through the Cuban Missile Crisis he caved by allowing the Communists to retain influence in our hemisphere in violation of the Monroe Doctrine, particularly as expanded by Teddy Roosvelt;
In his "leadership" through the Cuban Missile Crisis he caved by agreeing to remove missiles from Turkey;
His "leadership" through the Cuban Missile Crisis wouldn't have been necessary if he hadn't previously caved in the Bay of Pigs and Berlin, and by showing up unprepared at a summit with Kruschev. As a freshman lawyer I learned that the worst thing someone can do is show up for an important hearing or meeting unprepared;
He didn't cut taxes; LBJ did;
He didn't advocate forcefully at all for civil rights; it's ironic that a racist Southerner, LBJ did.

Yeah, he f***ed up the Bay of Pigs and screwed around on his wife. Compared to the weasels we have today, Jack was a great man. The Democrats abandoned Kennedy politics decades ago. If he were alive today, he'd be a Republican.

His assasination tore a hole in so many people's hearts. To me, he's greatly missed.
His image and persona, like Obama's mattered more than his (lack of) substance. I agree that his assassination showed that the U.S. had its bad as well as good aspects.

warpig
09-12-2010, 11:56 PM
In his "leadership" through the Cuban Missile Crisis he caved by allowing the Communists to retain influence in our hemisphere in violation of the Monroe Doctrine, particularly as expanded by Teddy Roosvelt;

The Russians got what they wanted from the US with that manufactured "crisis"

JBG
09-13-2010, 10:51 AM
]In his "leadership" through the Cuban Missile Crisis he caved by allowing the Communists to retain influence in our hemisphere in violation of the Monroe Doctrine, particularly as expanded by Teddy Roosvelt;

The Russians got what they wanted from the US with that manufactured "crisis"
Exactly.

Count me as one lifelong Democrat who doesn't think much of JFK's legacy. He is best remembered as a second-rate airport "serving" New York City.

Wei Wu Wei
09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Frankly I'm shocked that we don't have flocks of people insisting that JFK was secretely controlled by the Vatican

JBG
09-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Frankly I'm shocked that we don't have flocks of people insisting that JFK was secretely controlled by the VaticanI'm Jewish so I have no dog in that hunt.