PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon sells to Saudis. Gives to Israelis.

JB
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Pentagon proposes huge sale of warplanes to Saudis.
By ANNE GEARAN, AP National Security Writer

WASHINGTON The Obama administration is seeking a go-ahead from Congress to sell up to $60 billion worth of sophisticated warplanes to Saudi Arabia and could add another $30 billion worth of naval arms in a deal designed to counter the rise of Iran as a regional power. The deal would apparently represent the largest single U.S. arms sale ever approved.
<snip>
Washington plans to counterbalance the sales to Arab nations with $30 billion in military assistance to Israel over 10 years. Israel is buying about 20 advanced American F-35 fighter jets worth $4 billion, to be funded by U.S. military aid to the country.LMAO. How do you "buy" something from me with my own money? Leeching would be a better word. Or mooching.

Full Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100913/ap_on_bi_ge/us_us_saudi_arms_deal)

warpig
09-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Yet when the Japanese wanted 200 F-22 Raptors the answer was no.............

Bailey
09-14-2010, 09:14 AM

You never sell your very best fighters to anyone. Thats what the F35 is for? besides Nkorea and China have shitty russian planes or knock-offs

Bailey
09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Its mainly F-15s without the best avionics, raidars etc.

Zathras
09-14-2010, 09:22 AM

I happen to aggree with this. We shouldn't be selling the F-22 to ANYONE till we replace every F-15, a design from the 70's, with them. Unfortunantly, under the Obumbler's administration, this will not happen.

asdf2231
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM

Well sure! The crafty little bastids might bomb Pearl Harbor again.

Bailey
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Well sure! The crafty little bastids might bomb Pearl Harbor again.

Well I dont blame them for wanting the best, I am sure they see Obambi and wonder if he will protect Japan in case of an attack from NK or China.

djones520
09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Well I dont blame them for wanting the best, I am sure they see Obambi and wonder if he will protect Japan in case of an attack from NK or China.

JSDF is a pretty feisty force. They don't lack for training, that is for sure. I was stationed at a joint US/JASDF base, and their jets were in the air just as often as ours were. Their hardware was pretty old though. Still got lots of F-4's in their force. Got some pretty modern F-15's and F-2's as well though. Our airframes are pushing 20-40 years old, while there's are 20 years or younger.

200 F-22's is pretty extreme though. Hell, we don't even have that many in our active inventory. I don't see us even coming close to giving anyone, even our closest allies, a stronger AF capability then we have.