PDA

View Full Version : I am at Whole Foods Market right now! (part 2)

SarasotaRepub
09-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Apparently, these morons still think a boycott of Whole Foods is on!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9122860)

LoZoccolo http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-12-10 09:42 PM
Original message I am at Whole Foods Market right now! (part 2)

Now that the health caer bill has been passed (special thanks to Dennis Kucinich, a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything) I think it's about time to set aside the Whole Foods boycott, even for those people who disagreed with me a few months ago and continued to boycott before heath care was passed. The CEO may be a libertarian, but many of the vendors that they purchase from aid the progressive cause and contribute to a sustainable and healthy food industry. I don't think that you'll find this at the conventional food markets, and I'm not sure that the CEOs of those other ones would necessarily support Obama's health care bill anyway.

I realize that some people might feel that it's being a fake progressive to not boycott Whole Foods, but what would be my sinister and/or selfish motive to shop here? It's not cheaper to shop here, and it's not even the closest supermarket to my house!

:eek::D

Dan D. Doty
09-13-2010, 07:52 PM
In all these years, have the Moonbats had even one boycott that worked?

If one has, I have yet to see it.

No one takes you serouis if tell them " I've never bought your product/ watched your movies/ see your tv show/ listened to your music; but if you don't give in to our demands, I never will!" :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
09-13-2010, 09:54 PM
This just encourages me to shop more at Whole Foods. If you shop their store brand, it's not overly expensive. I like the quality and just don't buy the overly expensive stuff. When they have a sale on their seafood, I always get it as I haven't found a good place to purchase it in Sarasota yet. How ironic, on the gulf and no good sea food. ;)

noonwitch
09-14-2010, 08:36 AM
In all these years, have the Moonbats had even one boycott that worked?

If one has, I have yet to see it.

No one takes you serouis if tell them " I've never bought your product/ watched your movies/ see your tv show/ listened to your music; but if you don't give in to our demands, I never will!" :rolleyes:

The american boycott of all products made in South Africa in the 80s contributed to the end of the apartheid system there.

djones520
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
The american boycott of all products made in South Africa in the 80s contributed to the end of the apartheid system there.

I think he was referring to the DUmmies, not boycotts in general.