PDA

View Full Version : Daydreaming Tuesday

Rockntractor
09-14-2010, 09:33 AM
90 F | 67 F Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation. It will be another day of waterproofing the basement of the house in Leonard. This house is on top of one of the highest hills in the Tulsa area and the water leaks into the basement, we found out there was a spring underneath it. I just about have it fixed, maybe two more weeks.

TOTD: If you could be any person throughout history, who would you like to be?

Odysseus
09-14-2010, 09:56 AM
90 F | 67 F Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation. It will be another day of waterproofing the basement of the house in Leonard. This house is on top of one of the highest hills in the Tulsa area and the water leaks into the basement, we found out there was a spring underneath it. I just about have it fixed, maybe two more weeks.

TOTD: If you could be any person throughout history, who would you like to be?

Killeen, TX (FT Hood), 95 F, Mostly Sunny, High Chance of Precip: 20%

George Patton. No contest.

Rockntractor
09-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Killeen, TX (FT Hood), 95 F, Mostly Sunny, High Chance of Precip: 20%

George Patton. No contest.

Excellent choice!

FlaGator
09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Hot with a little rain in the afternoon...

TOTD: Augustine.

hampshirebrit
09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Dull here in Teh Yuk. OK by me, as I am not going anywhere at all today, so it can do what it likes outside.

TODT Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus, known better as Octavius Imperator.

Gingersnap
09-14-2010, 10:14 AM
We're still getting into the 80s and high 70s during the day but it's getting chilly at night now. It's time to send the squash plants to the Great Composter.

TOTD: I don't know that I'd care to become any famous person. I'd rather win the Powerball and orchestrate the affairs of my fellow men from my luxurious, secured bunker hidden the Sangre de Christo mountains.

That's just me, of course.

djones520
09-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Dull here in Teh Yuk. OK by me, as I am not going anywhere at all today, so it can do what it likes outside.

Even if the show Rome was pure fiction, he still had to have been one shrewd bastard to arrange everything like he did.

Rockntractor
09-14-2010, 10:18 AM
We're still getting into the 80s and high 70s during the day but it's getting chilly at night now. It's time to send the squash plants to the Great Composter.

TOTD: I don't know that I'd care to become any famous person. I'd rather win the Powerball and orchestrate the affairs of my fellow men from my luxurious, secured bunker hidden the Sangre de Christo mountains.

That's just me, of course.

You just can't bear the thought of wearing someone else's underwear!:D

Gingersnap
09-14-2010, 10:34 AM

Well,.....duh. :cool:

djones520
09-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Well,.....duh. :cool:

Well just go back far enough, and you can find a time when they didn't find underwear. :p

Odysseus
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM

I just finished reading I Claudius, and Octavius was my second choice, but I'd have had a tough decision as to whether or not to keep Livia around. On the one hand, she was a brilliant administrator and power broker. OTOH, she was a power-mad, amoral bitch who made Hillary Clihton look like Mother Theresa. At the very least, I'd have washed the figs before eating them off of the tree.

Or of someone else wearing hers... :eek:

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Warm and with a nice breeze on the Island. Bike ride, swim, and walk on the beach later.

Gonna eat a cheeseburger too. :D

I'd be Teddy Roosevelt.

Or Shannon.

Zeus
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
82F 94 / 73

Zeus

noonwitch
09-14-2010, 01:38 PM
It's sunny, and about 72 here. It's feeling like fall.

TOTD: I think it would have been cool to have been Catherine the Great. She got her lover to kill her crazy husband so that she could become Empress of Russia. I chose her over Elizabeth I of England, because Elizabeth had too many busybodies in her personal business. Catherine could do pretty much as she pleased. If she fell for a fat and ugly war hero, it was nobody's business. If her son didn't like it, tough luck, if they had had DNA tests back then, he would have never been Emporer after her reign, anyway, since there was little chance he was legitimate.

Odysseus
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM

TOTD: I think it would have been cool to have been Catherine the Great. She got her lover to kill her crazy husband so that she could become Empress of Russia. I chose her over Elizabeth I of England, because Elizabeth had too many busybodies in her personal business. Catherine could do pretty much as she pleased. If she fell for a fat and ugly war hero, it was nobody's business. If her son didn't like it, tough luck, if they had had DNA tests back then, he would have never been Emporer after her reign, anyway, since there was little chance he was legitimate.

But do you have the equestrian skills to pull it off? :D

noonwitch
09-14-2010, 03:35 PM
But do you have the equestrian skills to pull it off? :D

I did when I was 21. I learned to saddle, bridle and groom a horse when I was a kid, in addition to developing riding skills.

There aren't too many opportunities to ride horses in metro Detroit, so I haven't kept up my skills.

I'm not so sure I could have pulled off the rather cold-blooded decision to have my lover kill my husband, though, even knowing how dangerous and crazy the emperor was. He probably would have gotten me incarcerated in a nunnery while I was still debating to myself about the morality of having him killed.

Shannon
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
It's still hot. I am so ready to break out the winter clothes.:(

TOTD: Eleanor of Aquitaine

Odysseus
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I did when I was 21. I learned to saddle, bridle and groom a horse when I was a kid, in addition to developing riding skills.

There aren't too many opportunities to ride horses in metro Detroit, so I haven't kept up my skills.

I'm not so sure I could have pulled off the rather cold-blooded decision to have my lover kill my husband, though, even knowing how dangerous and crazy the emperor was. He probably would have gotten me incarcerated in a nunnery while I was still debating to myself about the morality of having him killed.

Those weren't the equestrian skills to which I referred. It's a myth, of course, but still good for a chuckle. http://europeanhistory.about.com/od/catherinethegreat/a/histmyths1.htm

FlaGator
09-14-2010, 06:48 PM

Didn't one of her lovers fall on her and kill her?

Gingersnap
09-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Didn't one of her lovers fall on her and kill her?

No. She got around in the boy toy department but she died of a stroke. Very banal.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2010, 08:14 PM
No. She got around in the boy toy department but she died of a stroke. Very banal.

Wasn't that Catherine the Great whose horse had a stroke?

Gingersnap
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Wasn't that Catherine the Great whose horse had a stroke?

Amusing as that would be (and some perv in Washington state did die of a horse-related sexual injury), Kate was not the farmyard type.

When she wasn't busy dragging Russia into the (then) current century or squelching rebellions, she was an obsessive collector of fine art. A great deal of the Russian fine art treasury today is the result of her interests.

warpig
09-14-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQNqk54HPdE&feature=related