PDA

View Full Version : Man nearly loses lone arm helping alligator

Gingersnap
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Man nearly loses lone arm helping alligator

A FLORIDA man who lost an arm after trying to rescue some baby birds nearly lost the other one - trying to help an alligator.

Alexander Alcantare spotted the 2.5m alligator, which had been hit in the head with an arrow, in water near his Miami-Dade home about 9pm Sunday (local time), NBC Miami reported today.

I figured Id trap it and get it some medical attention, he said.

The alligator attacked him though, biting him on his good arm as he tried to restrain it.

"I couldn't really handle him too good," Mr Alcantare said. "The guy I asked to help me, he got scared and let go of the rope and since I couldn't secure his mouth, he got me."

Mr Alcantare told NBC Miami he had lost his other arm when he fell on an electric fence while trying to rescue some baby birds. His arm was burned so badly it had to be amputated.

"That's why I couldn't handle him (the alligator) too good like before, but I did pull him out of the water," he said.

Mr Alcantare later called police, only for them to cite him for possession of an alligator. And even worse for the animal fan, the alligator will now have to be euthanized - because it bit him.

Darwin isn't working hard enough.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/man-nearly-loses-lone-arm-helping-alligator/story-e6frfku0-1225922653339#ixzz0zWy62jpQ

Apache
09-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Baby birds, alligators and a tiger...

He must of really torqued Mother Nature....:eek:

noonwitch
09-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Why does the alligator have to be euthanized for acting like an alligator? That doesn't seem fair, unless someone is making me a new pair of shoes and a matching purse from the skin.

Shannon
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Why does the alligator have to be euthanized for acting like an alligator? That doesn't seem fair, unless someone is making me a new pair of shoes and a matching purse from the skin.

I wonder what they do with the bodies after they kill them. Hmmmm.

Gingersnap
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I wonder what they do with the bodies after they kill them. Hmmmm.

Shoes and gumbo would be my guess.

Apache
09-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Shoes and gumbo would be my guess.

Cigar for the lady...

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Mr Alcantare later called police, only for them to cite him for possession of an alligator. And even worse for the animal fan, the alligator will now have to be euthanized - because it bit him.

...snort....

2.5 meters is a six plus foot alligator. That ain't no small gator.

JB
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Talk about having a bad day.

Almost loses limb, gets ticket, gets gator killed that he was trying to save.

I'm sorry but that's hilarious. Southern folk crack me up.

Shannon
09-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Talk about having a bad day.

Almost loses limb, gets ticket, gets gator killed that he was trying to save.

I'm sorry but that's hilarious. Southern folk crack me up.

No, the kicker is that he had already lost his other arm and was still messing with a gator. You just can't fix stupid.

Apache
09-14-2010, 06:01 PM
No, the kicker is that he had already lost his other arm and was still messing with a gator. You just can't fix stupid.

Keep him away from any animals...

CueSi
09-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Florida...of course.

If I didn't know this was real, I'd be looking for Larry the Cable Guy to make it up.

~QC