PDA

View Full Version : I was so ashamed and embarassed today....

SarasotaRepub
09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
My heart bleeds for you DUmmie. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9129036)

wellstone dem http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-13-10 10:44 PM
Original message I was so ashamed and embarassed today....

I was in the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services office and I sat with my client--who is an immigrant, with a staff person from our office--who is an immigrant, surrounded by people from Asia, from Africa, from Europe, and from the Americas--all immigrants and all (except our staff person) waiting to take their citizenship test. And as I waited I saw people exiting after their interview with huge smiles on their faces, one man who had entered when we did turned and waived at us and gave a giant grin. (He had come in alone, and had no one else with whom to celebrate.) These people were so happy to know they would soon be American citizens. (LEGAL is a good thingy.)

And as I sat there, a picture came up on CNN which was playing in the waiting area which showed a man wearing a t-shirt that said, "Immigrants are like sperm, millions get in and only one works." And my joy turned to shame and embarrassment.

I wish, I wish there were more kindness in this world. (Eat shit and die. :))

:p

warpig
09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
The guy is too stupid to realize his client is not who the t-shirt is in reference too.

NJCardFan
09-14-2010, 08:01 PM
The guy is too stupid to realize his client is not who the t-shirt is in reference too.

No. It was at the Mexicans in front of me at the supermarket checkout the other day paying with WIC is who the t-shirt is referring to.

MrsSmith
09-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Serious? I mean, all those immigrants, and they spoke...and read...English? And the DUmmiy still thinks they're too stupid to know the difference between legal and illegal? :D:D:D

warpig
09-14-2010, 08:17 PM
No. It was at the Mexicans in front of me at the supermarket checkout the other day paying with WIC is who the t-shirt is referring to.

Exactally, especially if they go out and get into a nicer vehicle than you have.

Dan D. Doty
09-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Serious? I mean, all those immigrants, and they spoke...and read...English? And the DUmmiy still thinks they're too stupid to know the difference between legal and illegal? :D:D:D

Ditto.

jediab
09-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Maybe that guy should ask all of those people about to become US citizens how long it took, and how much money it cost them to get to that point. Then ask them what do they think about the illegals getting it all for free.

Zafod
09-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Exactally, especially if they go out and get into a nicer vehicle than you have.

yup. I cant afford a pickup with a quad cab yet but the welfare suckers near me can.

Odysseus
09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Maybe that guy should ask all of those people about to become US citizens how long it took, and how much money it cost them to get to that point. Then ask them what do they think about the illegals getting it all for free.

Mrs. O took her citizenship test three days ago. The swearing in will be in about a month, but the application cost several thousand dollars, plus back taxes from when she worked as a nanny. She loathes the idea of free amnesty for illegals.

jediab
09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Mrs. O took her citizenship test three days ago. The swearing in will be in about a month, but the application cost several thousand dollars, plus back taxes from when she worked as a nanny. She loathes the idea of free amnesty for illegals.

That's fantastic! Give her a heartfelt Congratulations and welcome to the melting pot for me. ;)

My wife took her oath 15 years ago, and you should hear her go off at the thought of free amnesty.

Probably sounds a lot like Mrs O. :D

Odysseus
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
That's fantastic! Give her a hearfelt Congratulations and welcome to the melting pot for me. ;)

My wife took her oath 15 years ago, and you should hear her go off at the thought of free amnesty.

Probably sounds a lot like Mrs O. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if she does. Mrs. O was a Thatcherite Tory in Britain and can't wait to register as a Republican. Thanks.