PDA

View Full Version : Yucky/Yummy Wednesday!

Gingersnap
09-15-2010, 09:59 AM
We're holding on to summer temperature-wise but the leaves are just beginning to turn. It's way too dark in the morning. :(

TOTD: Some people at work were kind of teasing a guy yesterday (mildly) because he always eats the same exact thing for lunch: tuna sandwich, no-name chips, an orange, and 3 Oreos. It never varies and he has no interest in changing things up. He used to be fat but lost all the weight a few years ago. He attributes his success to monotony during the week.

Do you have any unusual food preferences? Do you eat things that other people dislike? Can you eat the same thing all week long without getting tired of it?

Phillygirl
09-15-2010, 10:15 AM
I can not eat the same thing all week long, however I've been known to be a picky eater. I've never been much of an egg or dairy eater, but I'm trying to improve that. I absolutely hate (as in it will make me vomit) tuna fish (meaning tuna from a can and mayonnaise...I like tuna sushi though). I love escargot. I don't like my food to touch each other on the plate, and I have to eat one thing at a time...protein, then vegetable, then starch. Once I'm done with it, I'm done. For example, if I have a steak and I eat 2/3 of it and then move on to the carrots, I will not then go back and eat more of the steak. If I have a cheeseburger and french fries I can not eat the french fries until I'm all finished with the cheeseburger. Yeah, that means I usually get screwed if I'm sharing the fries as there aren't any left by the time I'm ready to eat them.

I've been trying to mix up the foods lately because some people are insistent on telling me how to eat. I have no idea why it bothers anyone else how I eat, but apparently it does. :confused:

Oh...and the plate must be centered so that the protein is on the left bottom of the plate. That is all. No, I am not weird...I swear.

Gingersnap
09-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I've been trying to mix up the foods lately because some people are insistent on telling me how to eat. I have no idea why it bothers anyone else how I eat, but apparently it does. :confused:

It's amazing at how interested people are in these matters. :D

Phillygirl
09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
It's amazing at how interested people are in these matters. :D

There's a new show on one of those reality channels about "freaky eaters"...one woman would only eat french fries and one guy would only eat pizza. Weird.

Gingersnap
09-15-2010, 11:27 AM
There's a new show on one of those reality channels about "freaky eaters"...one woman would only eat french fries and one guy would only eat pizza. Weird.

I actually belong to the internet group that many of those people also belong to: Adult Picky Eaters. All last spring and early in the summer that show was asking for volunteers from our group. I haven't seen the show (and won't) but I'm sure there will be an audience for it. ;)

Phillygirl
09-15-2010, 12:04 PM
I actually belong to the internet group that many of those people also belong to: Adult Picky Eaters. All last spring and early in the summer that show was asking for volunteers from our group. I haven't seen the show (and won't) but I'm sure there will be an audience for it. ;)

Yeah, this was beyond picky, truly medical/psychological issues. Apparently the one woman has some sort of genetic deficiency that makes any new tastes extremely troublesome. It was interesting, although I don't see where I could watch more than that one episode.

jendf
09-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I usually bring a sandwich to work for lunch. To keep it from getting soggy, I bring all of the components in separate baggies and put it together when I'm ready to eat. Co-workers have ribbed me for that.

Gingersnap
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I usually bring a sandwich to work for lunch. To keep it from getting soggy, I bring all of the components in separate baggies and put it together when I'm ready to eat. Co-workers have ribbed me for that.

That sounds sensible to me. I sent Mr. Snaps off to work this morning with steak sandwich components separately bagged. :)

hampshirebrit
09-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I can not eat the same thing all week long, however I've been known to be a picky eater. I've never been much of an egg or dairy eater, but I'm trying to improve that. I absolutely hate (as in it will make me vomit) tuna fish (meaning tuna from a can and mayonnaise...I like tuna sushi though). I love escargot. I don't like my food to touch each other on the plate, and I have to eat one thing at a time...protein, then vegetable, then starch. Once I'm done with it, I'm done. For example, if I have a steak and I eat 2/3 of it and then move on to the carrots, I will not then go back and eat more of the steak. If I have a cheeseburger and french fries I can not eat the french fries until I'm all finished with the cheeseburger. Yeah, that means I usually get screwed if I'm sharing the fries as there aren't any left by the time I'm ready to eat them.

Oh...and the plate must be centered so that the protein is on the left bottom of the plate. That is all. No, I am not weird...I swear.

Not weird, but perhaps a little strange ... :confused: :p

My only food-fad is that I like to know how it's been cooked, if I'm not the one who's doing the cooking.

JB
09-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Oh...and the plate must be centered so that the protein is on the left bottom of the plate. That is all. No, I am not weird...I swear.Aye Carumba.

Do you have to go and wash your hands? Maybe roll some hair into tiny hairballs? Check your garage door?

Bubba Dawg
09-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I like to eat a little bit of everything as the meal progresses. If I have a meat and potatoes and a green veggie, I usually will wind up with exactly the same amount of each for the last bites.

I could eat beans with rice everyday. Different beans but usually just regular brown rice.

I don't really like beer or wine much.

Coffee black

Iced tea unsweetened. (an no artificial sweeteners)

scotch on the rocks

water

That's all

Gingersnap
09-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Aye Carumba.

Do you have to go and wash your hands? Maybe roll some hair into tiny hairballs? Check your garage door?

I saw that garage door crack, buddy. :mad:

Bubba Dawg
09-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I saw that garage door crack, buddy. :mad:

Did you go check your garage door?

Gingersnap
09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Did you go check your garage door?

No. I'll get the neighbors to do it. :mad:

Bubba Dawg
09-15-2010, 02:44 PM
No. I'll get the neighbors to do it. :mad:

That's good, if they really do it.

Gingersnap
09-15-2010, 02:48 PM
That's good, if they really do it.

I hate you.

Bubba Dawg
09-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I hate you.

:):D

Phillygirl
09-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Aye Carumba.

I'm not a checker. On any given day my oven can be on and my doors unlocked. As we speak, there's a good chance that my straightener is still plugged in. That's what homeowner's insurance is for. :p

NJCardFan
09-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Temp has been cooling lately.

TOTD: I'm not a picky eater at all and looking at me you can tell. :D There isn't much I don't like. Okra is probably something I really don't like but I'll eat it in gumbo.

Rockntractor
09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not a checker. On any given day my oven can be on and my doors unlocked. As we speak, there's a good chance that my straightener is still plugged in. That's what homeowner's insurance is for. :p

A straightener? Would you be gay without it?:confused:

Phillygirl
09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
A straightener? Would you be gay without it?:confused:

Boo!!

Rockntractor
09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Boo!!

Runs!:eek: