PDA

View Full Version : Thursday and in need of acting lessons thread.

FlaGator
09-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Today will be cool, temps below 90. This morning felt great. It was in the upper 60s and the humidity was low (relatively speaking).

TOTD: Who do you think is the absolutely worst actor or actress who regularly appears in movies despite the fact that they can't act? I'm going to have to go with Steven Seagal. He always plays basically the same person. It doesn't matter what movie he is in or who his character is, he basically plays Steven Seagal's image of himself.

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Continued perfect weather out here. There seems to be a never-ending supply of tomatoes to can, though.

TOTD: Gwenyth Paltrow. That woman couldn't act her way out of a paper bag if was it was on fire. Looking at her interviews and website, she also appears to be intensely stupid.

Shannon
09-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I really am going to kill my cat. He is making it his mission in life to break everything in my house.:mad:

TOTD: Madonna, although I guess she doesn't regularly appear in movies. She still deserved a mention.

Speedy
09-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Morning clouds here with tempratures going up as they burn off.

Worst actor? It would have to be Bruce Willis. He is the one who uttered the worst acted and timed line of all time in Live Free or Die Hard. "Find Thomas Gabriel!" I have never seen a line spoken in a movie that ever came out as badly acted as that!

Shannon
09-16-2010, 12:02 PM

Worst actor? It would have to be Bruce Willis. He is the one who uttered the worst acted and timed line of all time in Live Free or Die Hard. "Find Thomas Gabriel!" I have never seen a line spoken in a movie that ever came out as badly acted as that!

Although Hudson Hawk could be the worst movie ever made, I would not put Bruce Willis in the worst actor category.

FlaGator
09-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Although Hudson Hawk could be the worst movie ever made, I would not put Bruce Willis in the worst actor category.

I am pretty certain that Hudson Hawk is the worst move of all time. It does, however, bring to light another really bad actress, Sandra Bernhard.

Bubba Dawg
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Warm and sunny at the beach. :D

I have to say Nicole Kidman. Nice Butt though.

Shannon
09-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Warm and sunny at the beach. :D

I have to say Nicole Kidman. Nice Butt though.

I like Nicole.:(

Bubba Dawg
09-16-2010, 12:13 PM
I like Nicole.:(

I do too, prolly for different reasons, though. :D

jendf
09-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Keanu Reeves. I have laundry that can emote better than he can.

MountainMan
09-16-2010, 12:42 PM

We have a winner...... Closest thing to real acting he did was Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and I'm quite sure that the only reason he got the part was because he played a dummy so perfectly close to real life.

Shannon
09-16-2010, 01:36 PM

Then we have to throw Demi's current hubby in too.

Zathras
09-16-2010, 07:25 PM

You didn't see Star Wars: Episode 3, did you. Haden Christiansen...nuff said.

movie buff
09-16-2010, 09:25 PM
TOTD: Gotta go with Will Farrell. He plays more or less the same guy in every role (Other than in very small roles, in which he can be okay), and his comedic repertoire is limited to the following: a) Get angry and throw a hissyfit, b) Scream like a woman, and c) take off his shirt at least once a movie, so we can all get a good look at his saggy man- breasts.

Bubba Dawg
09-16-2010, 09:26 PM

Whoa.

I like Keanu. :(

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Whoa.

I like Keanu. :(

I do too. I loved his rant in Johnny Mnemonic: "Listen. You listen to me. You see that city over there? THAT'S where I'm supposed to be. Not down here with the dogs, and the garbage, and the fucking last month's newspapers blowing *back* and *forth*. I've had it with them, I've had it with you, I've had it with ALL THIS - *I want ROOM SERVICE*! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... like they do... at the Imperial Hotel... in Tokyo."

:D

Bubba Dawg
09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
I do too. I loved his rant in Johnny Mnemonic: "Listen. You listen to me. You see that city over there? THAT'S where I'm supposed to be. Not down here with the dogs, and the garbage, and the fucking last month's newspapers blowing *back* and *forth*. I've had it with them, I've had it with you, I've had it with ALL THIS - *I want ROOM SERVICE*! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... like they do... at the Imperial Hotel... in Tokyo."

:D

I haven't seen or heard of that movie. Wow. I'll check it out.

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen or heard of that movie. Wow. I'll check it out.

You will love it! Keanu lives in Gibsonesque future where mules carry private data from one place to another using brain implants. They make great money but a chuck of their own early memories have to be sacrificed to make room for the implant. There's the usual corporate control/little people duped meme.

You'll like it anyway. :)

Bubba Dawg
09-16-2010, 10:53 PM
You will love it! Keanu lives in Gibsonesque future where mules carry private data from one place to another using brain implants. They make great money but a chuck of their own early memories have to be sacrificed to make room for the implant. There's the usual corporate control/little people duped meme.

You'll like it anyway. :)

Excellent. That plot is familiar like I saw it in a trailer or heard about it. I'll check it out. Thanks. :)