PDA

View Full Version : Jersey City woman says boyfriend beat her with a cat, Hoboken cops say

FlaGator
09-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't recall this from 101 Uses for a Dead Cat. I know the cat wasn't dead, but I'm sure a dead one would work.

A 49-year-old Hoboken man was arrested Tuesday after he beat his girlfriend with a cat and punched her in the back and back of her head, according to police reports.

Around noon, Hoboken police were dispatched to the 300 block of Marshall Dr., and a 20-year-old Jersey City woman was crying and told police that her boyfriend punched her a few times and hit her with a "feline cat," reports said. She said she had pain to her lower back and the back of her head, reports said.

Police then arrested her boyfriend Lasalle Davis with a simple assault charge for domestic violence, reports said.

The woman told police that they had been dating for two years and he became mad when she did not call him the night before, reports said. When she came to Hoboken to visit her sister, he showed up, yelled at her and grabbed her right arm, reports said. She told him she no longer wanted to date him, and thatís when he picked up the cat and hit her, reports said.

She declined to speak to a member of the Domestic Violence Team but did want to file a restraining order against Davis in Hudson County Superior Court, reports said.
Police did not know the whereabouts or the condition of the cat.

Davis' court date is set for Oct. 27 in Hoboken Municipal Court.

Story is here (http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2010/09/jersey_city_woman_says_boyfrie.html)

Shannon
09-16-2010, 02:11 PM
A feline cat? As opposed to what, a canine cat?

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
What kind of a cat? If it was one of the really fluffy kinds, I might let this go personally.

FlaGator
09-16-2010, 02:49 PM
A feline cat? As opposed to what, a canine cat?

A Sno-cat?

djones520
09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
A Sno-cat?

That would hurt.

Bubba Dawg
09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
New Jersey. :rolleyes:

I love Yankees.

hampshirebrit
09-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Police did not know the whereabouts or the condition of the cat.

All Hoboken and Weehawken units be advised, feline cat last seen hightailing it toward the GWB at Boulevard East and 46th. Cat may be injured. Apprehend for questioning. Chrrrrrrch.

noonwitch
09-16-2010, 04:31 PM
What kind of a cat? If it was one of the really fluffy kinds, I might let this go personally.

What is it about the fluffy cats you don't like? I know their care is complicated-my sister had one that always had knots in his hair, because he wasn't declawed, so she couldn't brush him. I always thought it was the siamese cats that were evil-like in Lady and The Tramp.

My cat has smooth black hair that feels like velvet.

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 04:40 PM
What is it about the fluffy cats you don't like? I know their care is complicated-my sister had one that always had knots in his hair, because he wasn't declawed, so she couldn't brush him. I always thought it was the siamese cats that were evil-like in Lady and The Tramp.

My cat has smooth black hair that feels like velvet.

I'm just guessing that being hit with a really fluffy cat would be less painful than being hit with a hard, flat cat. This is just speculation on my part, of course.

Bubba Dawg
09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm just guessing that being hit with a really fluffy cat would be less painful than being hit with a hard, flat cat. This is just speculation on my part, of course.

Nice recovery.

hampshirebrit
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM

LOL:D You're sicker than I thought. :p

As it happens, when I lived in Weehawken, we had a Burmese "given" to us by the lady downstairs, called Cappuccino (the cat, not the lady). It was declawed, yet fantastically loud and unbelievably high maintenance for such a small animal. How I hated it. It got sent to Delaware in the end.

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 04:49 PM
LOL:D You're sicker than I thought. :p

As it happens, when I lived in Weehawken, we had a Burmese "given" to us by the lady downstairs, called Cappuccino (the cat, not the lady). It was declawed, yet fantastically loud and unbelievably high maintenance for such a small animal. How I hated it. It got sent to Delaware in the end.

So the whitecoats keep saying. :p

m00
09-16-2010, 11:41 PM
A 49-year-old Hoboken man...

...and a 20-year-old Jersey City woman...

The woman told police that they had been dating for two years and he became mad when she did not call him the night before, reports said. When she came to Hoboken to visit her sister, he showed up, yelled at her and grabbed her right arm, reports said. She told him she no longer wanted to date him, and thatís when he picked up the cat and hit her, reports said.

This is creepy so many levels.

NJCardFan
09-16-2010, 11:57 PM

I love Yankees.

Um, what? Are you meaning to tell me that Georgia doesn't have their fair share of chuckleheads? Does the name Cynthia McKinney ring any bells? Don't get all holier than thou believing that the south is so much better than the north. I lived in the south and believe you me, you might want to check your sarcasm.

Bubba Dawg
09-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Um, what? Are you meaning to tell me that Georgia doesn't have their fair share of chuckleheads? Does the name Cynthia McKinney ring any bells? Don't get all holier than thou believing that the south is so much better than the north. I lived in the south and believe you me, you might want to check your sarcasm.

This was actually aimed at another northern member who, upon reading such a story which happened to be set in, say, Florida, will sometimes say, I love Southerners.

But, since you brought it up,and since nobody ever retires to the North, then Down Here we'll continue to have a marvelous mixture of typical Southern Antics and Northern Shenanigans, topped off with a generous portion of Yankee bad driving, worse cooking, and polyester sansabelt pants.

Bailey
09-17-2010, 07:13 AM

I love Yankees.

Oh please you rednecks would use a pet raccoon or possum. :D

FlaGator
09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh please you rednecks would use a pet raccoon or possum. :D

Armadillo's are harder and inflict greater soft tissue damage.

NJCardFan
09-17-2010, 09:38 AM
This was actually aimed at another northern member who, upon reading such a story which happened to be set in, say, Florida, will sometimes say, I love Southerners.

But, since you brought it up,and since nobody ever retires to the North, then Down Here we'll continue to have a marvelous mixture of typical Southern Antics and Northern Shenanigans, topped off with a generous portion of Yankee bad driving, worse cooking, and polyester sansabelt pants.

Touche. However, are y'all the ones that gave us Jimmy Carter? Not to mention Hank Johnson. Glass houses m'boy. Glass houses. :p

Gingersnap
09-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Armadillo's are harder and inflict greater soft tissue damage.

Sounds like the voice of experience to me.

Bongo55
09-17-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm confused,

Does that make HER pussy whipped?

Bubba Dawg
09-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Touche. However, are y'all the ones that gave us Jimmy Carter? Not to mention Hank Johnson. Glass houses m'boy. Glass houses. :p

Hey, down here they're a part of the landscape. :p

Characters we call 'em. Sort of like Big Galoots out west.