PDA

View Full Version : In Professor-Dominatrix Scandal, U. of New Mexico Feels the Pain

bijou
09-16-2010, 03:34 PM
In some ways, working as a phone-sex dominatrix is a lot simpler than being on a college faculty. Your relationship with others is clearly defined, no one formally complains about anything you say to them, and you stand little risk of getting caught up in messy struggles over power.

It gets complicated, however, if you try to do both jobs.

Life has become extremely complex in the University of New Mexico's English department in the three years since Lisa D. Chávez, a tenured associate professor, was discovered moonlighting as the phone-sex dominatrix "Mistress Jade," and posing in promotional pictures sexually dominating one of her own graduate students.... For her part, Ms. Chávez has accused her accusers, in complaints to the university and the state, of discriminating against her because she is bisexual and Hispanic. ...http://chronicle.com/article/In-Professor-Dominatrix/124369/

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Geez, Bijou - put up a warning or something about the pic at that link. The old bat practically made me spork myself. :eek:

bijou
09-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Geez, Bijou - put up a warning or something about the pic at that link. The old bat practically made me spork myself. :eek:

So bisexual English professor moonlighting in the sex trade wasn't warning enough? She was never going to be Shere Hite pre surgery. :p

noonwitch
09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
So bisexual English professor moonlighting in the sex trade wasn't warning enough? She was never going to be Shere Hite pre surgery. :p

She could have used a more attractive model for her ads. It's phone sex, the customers won't see her.

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
She could have used a more attractive model for her ads. It's phone sex, the customers won't see her.

She must have been wearing one of those masks.

jendf
09-16-2010, 04:56 PM
A tenured professor could openly kill someone in cold blood and still not be fired. :rolleyes:

bijou
09-16-2010, 04:58 PM
A tenured professor could openly kill someone in cold blood and still not be fired. :rolleyes:

That was Amy Bishop's mistake.

jendf
09-16-2010, 05:00 PM
That was Amy Bishop's mistake.

I had to google her because I couldn't remember the details. She wasn't tenured! :D