PDA

View Full Version : Seattle catoonist goes into hiding

MountainMan
09-16-2010, 07:04 PM
SEATTLE (AP) - The Seattle cartoonist who started "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" with a satirical cartoon in support of free speech has reportedly gone into hiding on the advice of the FBI.

Komo News Link (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/103087384.html)

Any guess as to why she had to go into hiding in the United States? Could it be those radical Catholics or Lutherans? Maybe a bunch of Mormons and Baptists have issued the death threats....

Hmm, I really wonder what religion is behind this?

Constitutionally Speaking
09-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Komo News Link (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/103087384.html)

Any guess as to why she had to go into hiding in the United States? Could it be those radical Catholics or Lutherans? Maybe a bunch of Mormons and Baptists have issued the death threats....

Hmm, I really wonder what religion is behind this?

Presbyterians !!!!!!

hampshirebrit
09-16-2010, 08:25 PM
It must be a slow news day today. I'd all but forgotten about her.

She's not exactly Ayan Hirsi Ali, let's face it. Maybe muslims have a longer attention span for this story than I do, I don't know, probably.

All I remember is she said "let's have a draw Mo in a furry suit day" and then had seller's remorse, big time, when she realized she might get decapitated. Prudent if not bold. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
09-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I wonder if she's valuing that whole "free speech" thing a little more now.

When an "artist" dumped a crucifix into a jar of urine and called it art, I'm sure he slept well every night knowing that the millions of rabid fundies that populate the country were not actually interested in doing more than boycotting the exhibit and writing terse letters to the editor. Ditto for the creator of the dung Madonna. Ditto for every other effort that demeans, ridicules, or insults Christians.

The fact Muslims living in this country feel free to threaten non-believers in a most convincing way is horrifying.

Odysseus
09-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Presbyterians !!!!!!
Nope. Gotta be the Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooos :D

When an "artist" dumped a crucifix into a jar of urine and called it art, I'm sure he slept well every night knowing that the millions of rabid fundies that populate the country were not actually interested in doing more than boycotting the exhibit and writing terse letters to the editor. Ditto for the creator of the dung Madonna. Ditto for every other effort that demeans, ridicules, or insults Christians.

The fact Muslims living in this country feel free to threaten non-believers in a most convincing way is horrifying.
The fact that Muslims throughout the world feel the need to threaten non-believers who violate Sharia law is more than horrifying, it's a critical teaching moment. No Jew, Christian, Buddhist, Zoroastrian or lettuce-worshiper gets bent out of shape if someone who is not a member of their faith doesn't follow their laws or customs, as long as they don't impose it on them. Muslims not only demand that believers obey Islamic law, but that non-believers obey it. Remember that Islam doesn't mean "peace," it means "submission."

NJCardFan
09-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Speaking of fatwas, is Salman Rushdie still in hiding?

Rockntractor
09-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Speaking of fatwas, is Salman Rushdie still in hiding?

Upstream somewhere!:confused:

Bubba Dawg
09-17-2010, 12:45 AM

facepalm/

But, :D

Odysseus
09-20-2010, 10:25 AM

You spawned quite a reaction with that one. :D

AmPat
09-20-2010, 10:36 PM

The fact Muslims living in this country feel free to threaten non-believers in a most convincing way is horrifying.Yeah, why it sounds like a HATE CRIME! Why aren't these people jailed already?

NJCardFan
09-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah, why it sounds like a HATE CRIME! Why aren't these people jailed already?

Because they are a part of the protected class.

Odysseus
09-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Because they are a part of the protected class.

What gets me is that this is our country. If Muslims want to kill each other for the faith, in their own lands, I'm perfectly happy to let them as long as they don't screw up the flow of oil. But when they export their insanity here, I have a problem with it. She shouldn't be in hiding, she should be walking around, secure in her rights as a US citizen. The ones who threatened her should be in hiding.