PDA

View Full Version : (Cal Dem) State Sen. Roderick Wright indicted on charges of voter fraud and perjury

Carol
09-17-2010, 05:35 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4543435)

alp227 (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-17-10 12:57 AM
Original message
(Cal Dem) State Sen. Roderick Wright indicted on charges of voter fraud and perjury
Edited on Fri Sep-17-10 12:57 AM by alp227
Source: Los Angeles Times

A Los Angeles County grand jury on Thursday unsealed an eight-count felony indictment against state Sen. Roderick Wright (D- Inglewood), accusing him of filing a false declaration of candidacy, voter fraud and perjury beginning in 2007, when he changed his voter registration to run for the Legislature.

Wright listed as his residence a home in the district he wanted to represent, but county authorities allege that he did not live there as required by state law.

The indictment also alleges that Wright fraudulently voted in five elections in 2008 and 2009.

If convicted, he faces up to eight years and four months in state prison, the district attorney's office said.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rod-wright-2010...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the US House, Democrats Charles Rangel, Maxine Waters, and Eddie Bernice Johnson have all been accused of improprieties. Democratic US Senate candidate in South Carolina Alvin Greene is facing obscenity charges. And now a Democratic state senator in California is accused of voter fraud.

Meanwhile, the Republicans ain't providing a more sensible alternative. Frickin' politics.
And DU is outraged by this, right? Well, no. As of this time there are only 2 comments.

BlueCaliDem (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-17-10 01:50 AM
Response to Original message
1. L.A, Times doing what it does best: highlight chickenfeed improprieties by Dems
as something HUGE, while completely negating the more egregious acts by Repubs.

Where were they when Randy "Duke" Cunningham was scamming for hundreds of thousands while in office? Not a word. How about that Schwarzenegger was a Bush family friend and had met Rove at the Beverly Hills Hotel just months prior to the recall filing by Repub Issa?

Compared to the felonies of Cunningham {only as one example}, and the not so kosher looking dealings Schwarzenegger made with Karl Rove, these Democrats are as innocent as babes.

This is not in any way excusing them {although I wish you hadn't mentioned Maxine Waters as if she's been proven guilty of anything}, but you post reeks of bias - against Democrats.

We should keep this up. Perhaps do it often enough so that Republicans can waltz right back into power and do a whole helluva lot more damage than these minor violations by Democrats that, unlike Repub policies, have absolutely NO impact on the American people.

jaysunb (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-17-10 02:14 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. Steve Cooley is running for AG
Pot dispensaries and tricky politicians are the low hanging fruit in this case.

NJCardFan
09-17-2010, 09:26 AM
This is not in any way excusing them {although I wish you hadn't mentioned Maxine Waters as if she's been proven guilty of anything}, but you post reeks of bias - against Democrats.

I hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony of this statement.

SarasotaRepub
09-17-2010, 07:50 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony of this statement.

HA!!! :D

warpig
09-18-2010, 08:32 AM
. L.A, Times doing what it does best: highlight chickenfeed improprieties by Dems
as something HUGE, while completely negating the more egregious acts by Repubs.

:eek::eek::eek:

He's kidding right???

Apache
09-18-2010, 09:34 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

He's kidding right???

Dude it's the DUmp...