PDA

View Full Version : OK, I Believe There Be Sock Puppets About

NJCardFan
09-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Lessie...

Hazledick disappears, Caughtinthemiddle arrives, CITM disappears, Stupidicus arrives. Stupidicus disappears, Hazldick returns. Hazldick re-disappears, CITM returns. Kinda makes you go hmm.

Molon Labe
09-17-2010, 10:05 AM
There's some serious Sybil like personality disorder going on if that's the case.

Bailey
09-17-2010, 10:13 AM
There's some serious Sybil like personality disorder going on if that's the case.

or someone with no life what so ever :)

hampshirebrit
09-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't believe any of those mentioned are the same poster. The writing styles do not match up and I'm expecting that the IP addresses will not match up either.

djones520
09-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't believe any of those mentioned are the same poster. The writing styles do not match up and I'm expecting that the IP addresses will not match up either.

They don't. Unless the person has three homes in differant parts of the country.

asdf2231
09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
They don't. Unless the person has three homes in differant parts of the country.

Well you know, they're tricky like that sometimes... :D

Sonnabend
09-17-2010, 07:26 PM

Or is using a proxy.

hampshirebrit
09-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Or is using a proxy.

I doubt if any of them even know what a proxy is, let alone how to use one, although this is a feat that even a semi-trained chimpanzee should be easily able to achieve nowadays.

No, these are three different people, equal only in their inability to post effectively and argue their positions.

Rockntractor
09-17-2010, 07:42 PM
They all work for Acorn and it is an organized effort.

Zathras
09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Who cares if they're socks or not. They all deserve to be taken out behind the woodshed, along with Commie Footwear, and beaten to within an inch of their worthless lives...and then beat half of that out of them.

NJCardFan
09-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Out of curiosity, are you able to see what part of the country they're from by the IP or are you going by what area they put in their profile?

hampshirebrit
09-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Out of curiosity, are you able to see what part of the country they're from by the IP or are you going by what area they put in their profile?

We can see what their nearest claimed ISP's POP is from the IP, which can pin it down to district level in the US and EU. Because it's so easy to spoof, it's more or less useless information to us.

For similar reasons, we'll assume that any profile information provided is potential bullshit until we get a warm fuzzy feeling about the person from what they've been posting, or more acurately, how they've been posting.

It's mostly semantics, a feel for language. We're not going to get it right every single time.

With these three, I'm very confident we've got it right.

Rockntractor
09-17-2010, 09:42 PM

If you have a web cam we can see you.:cool:

Gingersnap
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Who cares about socks anyway? Either your ideas have merit or not. :rolleyes:

hampshirebrit
09-17-2010, 09:49 PM
If you have a web cam we can see you.:cool:

Ceiling Cat is watching you......... :eek: :D

Rockntractor
09-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Ceiling Cat is watching you......... :eek: :D

Bubba missed his cheetos and ate hand cream the other night!:eek: