PDA

View Full Version : Murkowski plans to run as write-in candidate

jawilljr
09-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Sources with knowledge of her decision tell CNN that Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is expected to announce Friday she will run as a write-in candidate in the November election, in a bid to keep her seat.

Link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/17/breaking-murkowski-will-run-as-write-in-candidate/)

Sorry Mau, the Republican party is killing the Republican party.

Now the Alaska senate race will probably go DemocRAT.

I fear Senator Castle will probably do the same thing in Delaware... give the Dims more control of the Senate than they deserve.

Screw the GOP and Karl Rove.

Jerry

Edit... Forgot Link:

lacarnut
09-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Good riddance to her and Castle. Repubs need conservatives in DC not some watered down Democrat lite who are poor losers.

You know, if anyone had told Repubs a year ago that they would take over the House and gain 7 or 8 or 9 seats in the Senate, these big wigs at the RNC/GOP would be jumping for joy. Now, they are moaning and groaning over losing a fucking RINO seat.

Facts are that with a Repub House majority, the Senate can not pass squat without their approval. Plus, we were never going to get a filibuster majority in the Senate. That might happen in 012.

NJCardFan
09-18-2010, 01:32 PM
To be fair, even Rove said this isn't a good move my her. She lost the primary fair and square. Dick Morris said the same thing.

Rockntractor
09-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Bitch!:mad:

lacarnut
09-18-2010, 03:13 PM

RINO BITCH

Bailey
09-18-2010, 05:12 PM

WTF is it with these sore losers? I was tickled pink when Lieberman ran as a Indy and beat the Dem but damn cant these people just fade away?

Odysseus
09-19-2010, 02:09 PM
WTF is it with these sore losers? I was tickled pink when Lieberman ran as a Indy and beat the Dem but damn cant these people just fade away?

The senate Republicans have told her that even if she wins, she will lose all seniority and not be allowed to caucus with them. She must really hate living in Alaska.

Apache
09-19-2010, 02:20 PM

His situtation was a bit different though...

Odysseus
09-19-2010, 03:11 PM
His situtation was a bit different though...

She's in the same boat as Charlie Crist, though. Lieberman was attacked by his own party for supporting Bush on Iraq, and he felt that he had a genuine reason to stay in the senate. Crist and Murkowski are just establishment hacks who have nothing to offer the electorate except their stylishly tailored, but otherwise empty, suits.

MountainMan
09-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Sources with knowledge of her decision tell CNN that Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is expected to announce Friday she will run as a write-in candidate in the November election, in a bid to keep her seat.

Link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/17/breaking-murkowski-will-run-as-write-in-candidate/)

Sorry Mau, the Republican party is killing the Republican party.

Now the Alaska senate race will probably go DemocRAT.

I fear Senator Castle will probably do the same thing in Delaware... give the Dims more control of the Senate than they deserve.

Screw the GOP and Karl Rove.

Jerry

Edit... Forgot Link:

Yes, because this is my fault... :rolleyes: I supported Joe Miller in the primary. When it comes to the general election, I support the republican.

Stop blaming Karl Rove and the GOP for Christ's sake. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
09-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes, because this is my fault... :rolleyes: I supported Joe Miller in the primary. When it comes to the general election, I support the republican.

It's not the GOP. They've done the right thing in this race and written her off. It's Murkowski's refusal to accept the verdict of the primary. She and Crist are hacks who cannot let go of the perks of power and have to hold on, no matter how much damage they do. Fortunately, I don't see her doing very much damage. Most people won't bother with a write-in candidate, and those that do tend to be the kinds of voters that Murkowski has turned off. I'd be shocked if she got more than low single digits in the general election.

lacarnut
09-19-2010, 08:57 PM

Rove was very bitter that his his old frat buddy, Castle, lost, and rants against O'Donnell on TV. If Rove can only point out the negative points against Republicans, he needs to STFU. He did the same thing with his Palin comment "stick her with a fork, she is done." I guess she proved him wrong. For Christ's sakes, these established GOP big wigs like Rove and Steele need to wake up.

AmPat
09-20-2010, 10:28 PM
If the current level of excitement can be sustained, it will lead to a huge Conservative voter turnout. The few knuckleheads who vote for the Murkowskis and Castles will be offset by the extra GOP voters. The undecided voters shouild be able to see where these POLS values are. I believe the DIMS are in for a rude wakeup.

m00
09-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Rove was very bitter that his his old frat buddy, Castle, lost, and rants against O'Donnell on TV. If Rove can only point out the negative points against Republicans, he needs to STFU. He did the same thing with his Palin comment "stick her with a fork, she is done." I guess she proved him wrong. For Christ's sakes, these established GOP big wigs like Rove and Steele need to wake up.

Maybe it's all part of Rove's master plan.... :D

lacarnut
09-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Maybe it's all part of Rove's master plan.... :D

I don't think Rove understand the anger and disillusionment that voters have for many of his tax and spend RINO's buddies.

m00
09-20-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't think Rove understand the anger and disillusionment that voters have for many of his tax and spend RINO's buddies.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be funny if all the tea-party candidates were secretly coached by Rove on how to say the right thing to appeal to the base, and then Rove turns to the public (and plays the roll of the political insider) speaking out against the candidates, knowing full well it will just push voters to them.

Then after the tea-party candidates are all swept into office, since Rove owns them all anyway, another 8 years of "business as usual" can be milked out of the electorate.

lacarnut
09-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Then after the tea-party candidates are all swept into office, since Rove owns them all anyway, another 8 years of "business as usual" can be milked out of the electorate.

If the newly elected Repubs do not make drastic changes, they will find themselves voted out and a 3rd party might sprout up.

m00
09-21-2010, 12:35 AM
If the newly elected Repubs do not make drastic changes, they will find themselves voted out and a 3rd party might sprout up.

You don't think Republicans would brow-beat those looking to vote 3rd party (after a hypothetical 8 more years of "business as usual" in DC) into "sucking it up" and voting R so the evil Ds don't get elected?

lacarnut
09-21-2010, 02:04 AM
You don't think Republicans would brow-beat those looking to vote 3rd party (after a hypothetical 8 more years of "business as usual" in DC) into "sucking it up" and voting R so the evil Ds don't get elected?

They may try but it is not going to work this time around. The newly elected Repubs are going to be closely monitored by their constituents. I am hopeful, it is a new awakening for most politicians.