PDA

View Full Version : A tea partier just knocked on my door

Carol
09-18-2010, 04:19 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9158915)

proud2BlibKansan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 02:53 PM
Original message
A tea partier just knocked on my door Updated at 10:14 PM

Some woman just knocked on my door and said "Good afternoon, do you have a minute?" My dog was barking like mad. I am home alone and she is very protective when no one else is here. The lady had a brief case and was trying to hand me some written material so I figured she was selling something.

So over the barking and through the screen door, I said "Sorry I don't buy anything from folks who knock on my door."

She said "Well I'm not selling anything. I am just a hard working American and I am here to ask you to vote in the upcoming election to take back America."

This is when I figured out she must be one of the teabaggers who I just read in the local paper are out this weekend to GOTV in my area. I have a Democratic representative in the state house and a Democratic congressman in DC. So any taking back would be FROM the Democrats.

I said "I am very happy with my current representation and don't think we need to take America back from anyone or to anywhere."

My dog started barking even louder. The lady said "Wow. She is very protective, isn't she?"

I said "That depends. Are you door knocking for Republicans?"

She said "Yes."

I said "Well she's a smart dog. She hates Republicans and she hates tea partiers even more."

The woman turned to walk away. I grabbed ahold of my dog by the collar, opened my door and said "Please mark this address off of your list. We are a strong Democratic family and highly allergic to tea."

She left without even saying goodbye. :)So......she uses innuendo to threaten the person knocking at the door........the dog barks louder.........the woman walks off (to such a warm welcome) without saying goodbye.........

and the leftist congratulates him/herself for intimidating this person and 'winning'.

If I didn't know better, I'd say .... unbelievable.

They must want this kind of reception when they knock on doors of conservatives, right?

livetohike Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 02:58 PM
Response to Original message
1. Way to go!

I love asking the teabaggers what are they taking America back from and to?? Usually, I am met with a blank stare.

Catshrink Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 03:00 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. They're taking it back from that uppitty Black man in the WH.Cat, those are YOUR words, you racist.

proud2BlibKansan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 03:16 PM
Response to Reply #3
10. And this lady was an African AmericanAnd that matters, how?

Bozita Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 02:59 PM
2. You were a reality check for her.

Good work!
napi21 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 03:01 PM
5. Ohhh, I wish I could have that opportunity! You did GREAT!

I have 2 dogs, and allbeit they are small, they are VERY LOUD and to any strangers would sound like they would rip them to shreds! I'd LOVE the chance to tell a teabagger to get lost!

Bluzmann57 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 03:02 PM
6. Great line to tell her about the dog!

Maybe should have told her it was time for the dog to run. And since it's private property... :evilgrin: Advocating violence simply for holding a different view. How tolerant.

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
A Bouncy with a traitorous Black woman!!! Extra Bouncy points for making up she was black. :D

Bailey
09-18-2010, 04:49 PM
A Bouncy with a traitorous Black woman!!! Extra Bouncy points for making up she was black. :D

Surprised there wasn't any overt racist replies in that thread, yet....

Constitutionally Speaking
09-18-2010, 05:34 PM

THat is what leads me to believe it was probably true.

I mean what's not to believe - the Tea Party was actively out campaigning while the Democrats were not.

Admitting the Tea Partier was black goes against the lie that they try to put out there - that we are racists.

The liberal was rude, ignorant and physically threatened someone who had a different opinion.

I have to rule this as a real accounting of an actual event!

JB
09-18-2010, 05:34 PM
A Bouncy with a traitorous Black woman!!! Extra Bouncy points for making up she was black. :DThat is an interesting twist isn't it?

I thought maybe we were seeing a paradigm Bouncy shift but I'm curious as to why it was left out of the OP. I'd guess because there wouldn't be as much outrage against a black bagger. You notice no one replied to it after she mentioned it.

FDK
09-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Typical tolerant DUmmie. I live in Seattle. I have Commucrats come by my door all of the time. Instead of proving how superior my political views are and how petty I can be I merely tell them I"m not interested and pleasantly wish them a good day.

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Typical tolerant DUmmie. I live in Seattle. I have Commucrats come by my door all of the time. Instead of proving how superior my political views are and how petty I can be I merely tell them I"m not interested and pleasantly wish them a good day.

Yep, that works everytime. Except with Jehovah Witnesses, those you have to shoot. :D

NJCardFan
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Huh. A threat to send the dogs after a black person who happens to be a conservative. Should I be the one to remind them of the scenes from the south in the 60's with the dogs attacking black people during the civil rights movement? So, I guess it's ok as long as said black person is a conservative Republican. You can cut the hypocrisy with a blow torch it's so thick over there.

Maybe should have told her it was time for the dog to run. And since it's private property
I thought the concept of private property is a right wing ideal? :rolleyes:

warpig
09-18-2010, 10:37 PM
I can't remember the last time some "knocked" on my door from a political party, I call bullshit.

NJCardFan
09-19-2010, 01:54 AM
I can't remember the last time some "knocked" on my door from a political party, I call bullshit.

Last year for me.

DarkHalo
09-20-2010, 01:33 AM
No cops jumping out of bushes? What are these new DUmmies coming to anyway, sheesh.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-20-2010, 09:06 PM
No cops jumping out of bushes? What are these new DUmmies coming to anyway, sheesh.

Maybe we need to send them another copy of the guidelines!

Calypso Jones
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
tea partiers do not go door to door.

AmPat
09-20-2010, 09:40 PM
livetohike Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-18-10 02:58 PM
1. Way to go!

I love asking the teabaggers what are they taking America back from and to?? Usually, I am met with a blank stare. Ohhhh, OH, pick me, PICK ME, I Know, I Know!

We want to take it back from the Marxist pieces of crap that have wiped their smelly butts with our Constitution and restore it to the original design of checks and balances.

I want to take it from the nanny staters and restore personal responsibility in Americans.

I want to get big gov't out of my way so that I can earn a decent wage as a return on my labor and not hand it to a gov't who then passes it to their cronies and worthless constituents.

I want to ensure that we reverse the damages to our nation so that my great grandkids won't be enslaved to their Chinese masters.:mad: