PDA

View Full Version : Pence For President?

Rockntractor
09-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Pence For President?

By Paula Hinton

September 19, 2010

WASHINGTON, DC (Indiana's NewCenter)--In a straw poll at the Value Voters summit in washington Saturday conservative voters picked Indiana Congressman Mike Pence as their top choice for President.

With more than 700 people voting in the straw poll... Pence took first place with 24-percent of the vote.

Digital Daily subscribe to our daily newsletter

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee... who won the straw poll last year... came in second place.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin placed fifth... with seven percent.

Pence was also the top pick for vice president... followed by Palin... so the convention's organizer declared Palin the winner in the V.P. category.

Conservative voters at the convention said the top five issues that concern them are... abortion... government spending... repeal of President Obama's health care programs... protecting religious liberties... and national security.
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Pence-For-President-103235354.html
I know nothing about this guy.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Everything I know about him is good.

Apache
09-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I've heard him on local radio out here, he seems like a pretty straight shooter. President though, I don't know that much about him for that...yet.

m00
09-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Conservative voters at the convention said the top five issues that concern them are... abortion... government spending... repeal of President Obama's health care programs... protecting religious liberties... and national security.

These don't really seem like the top 5 issues I would have thought conservatives would care about. I guess that's why I'm not a conservative :D

Rockntractor
09-19-2010, 10:26 PM

These don't really seem like the top 5 issues I would have thought conservatives would care about. I guess that's why I'm not a conservative :D

I don't understand you at all, what are your top 5 issues?

m00
09-19-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't understand you at all, what are your top 5 issues?

Like I said, I'm not a conservative... but I would have thought conservative issues would be (in order)

Reduce the size and scope of federal government's authority
Reduce taxes, and also reduce spending esp. on "social services" style programs, both domestic and foreign.
Safeguard and re-affirm all liberties (1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, etc)
Secure borders
Change fiscal policy, remove reliance on fiat currency and foreign governments buying US debt.

djones520
09-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Yeah, having Abortion and Religious liberties taking top 5 spots just seems a bit odd to me. I understand the religious liberties thing, don't get me wrong on that. But I'm not exactly seeing them in any danger. Not enough to override other major concerns that we're facing.

*shrugs* Maybe they were just given a list of options though, and those were the best choices out of that list.

lacarnut
09-20-2010, 05:35 AM
Yeah, having Abortion and Religious liberties taking top 5 spots just seems a bit odd to me. I understand the religious liberties thing, don't get me wrong on that. But I'm not exactly seeing them in any danger. Not enough to override other major concerns that we're facing.

*shrugs* Maybe they were just given a list of options though, and those were the best choices out of that list.

Those two would not make my top 5 either.

fettpett
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
too bad him and Mitch Daniels are both from Indiana. That would be one badass ticket

Constitutionally Speaking
09-20-2010, 03:50 PM

Remember this was the "values voters" conference - a group of SOCIAL conservatives.

fettpett
09-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Remember this was the "values voters" conference - a group of SOCIAL conservatives.

yes, but he's a good FISCAL Conservative as well. he's also a former Radio host in IN.