PDA

View Full Version : You can shed tears that she’s gone,

Rebel Yell
09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
My grandmother passed away on the 9th of this month. She was the last of my grandparents. Our pastor read this poem at the end of the service, and I thought it was really fitting for anyone who has lost a loved one.

You can shed tears that she’s gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray she’ll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all she has left.
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her, or you can be full of the love she shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live for yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she’s gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back,
or you can do what she would want you to, smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Gingersnap
09-20-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm very sorry. :(

Rebel Yell
09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm very sorry. :(

It's OK. She was ready to go. She was always a VERY active woman. She was still rolling under barbed wire fences in her earl 80's. Think Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies, just not as mean.

obx
09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
You have my sympathy.
________
Vaporizer information (http://vaporizer.org/)

FlaGator
09-20-2010, 11:18 AM
May the peace of God be with her and with your family.

noonwitch
09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

My grandpa's doctor told him to take it easy because he has a heart-valve condition. He told his doctor "if I die of a heart attack tomorrow, nobody should cry. I've outlived my wife, my brothers, all of my friends, two of my kids and one of my grandkids.". He is 97.

Phillygirl
09-20-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, but definitely agree with the poem and the sentiments about remembering that she lived.

SaintLouieWoman
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful grandmother. Also that poem is very meaningful. I'm sorry that you lost her, but so glad that you had her this long. My grandmothers died when I was 7 with the first grandmother and 8 with the other. It was a real blow to me as a kid. I'm sure she's with the angels now.

Rebel Yell
09-20-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful grandmother. Also that poem is very meaningful. I'm sorry that you lost her, but so glad that you had her this long. My grandmothers died when I was 7 with the first grandmother and 8 with the other. It was a real blow to me as a kid. I'm sure she's with the angels now.

If MeMa ain't in heaven, the rest of us might as well quit trying.

warpig
09-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, even when expected, your never ready.

SarasotaRepub
09-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Smile because she lived. (That's damn Good! :))

Sorry for your loss.

Bubba Dawg
09-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry for your loss.

My grandmother passed away this year and she was the last of my grandparents.

Peace, Noble Mon.

Shannon
09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
What a lovely poem. I am sorry for your loss.