PDA

View Full Version : Premature baby 'comes back to life'

biccat
08-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Premature baby 'comes back to life' (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218710394816&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull)

http://i38.tinypic.com/9v0g.jpg

A premature baby who was pronounced dead "came back to life" Sunday after five hours in Nahariya Hospital.

The baby girl, who was in a cooler at the hospital, suddenly showed signs of life and was being treated in the premature baby unit.

Doctors estimated that the cooler brought the fetus "back to life."

The mother, 26, from a Western Galilee village, was in the fifth month of her pregnancy when she underwent a series of tests, during which it was discovered that she was suffering from internal bleeding and that the embryo had ceased to show signs of life.

The woman underwent an abortion and the baby, weighing 610 grams, was extracted from her womb without a pulse, hospital officials said.

-----------------

It should be noted that if this had occurred in the United States, Barack Obama would have denied the child medical care.

Gingersnap
08-18-2008, 04:31 PM
One pic is worth a thousand words. ;)

GrumpyOldLady
08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
This baby survived abortion? WONDERFUL!

I have to say that this is the kind of child that Obama wants to kill. He favors infanticide for those children who survive abortion. Thank God this beautiful baby girl was not brought into this world under an Obama regime! She would have been butchered.

I hope her mother and the doctors convert and repent.

Thank you God.

biccat
08-18-2008, 05:18 PM
A series of tests at 5 months revealed no signs of life in the child. I think the abortion was justified in this case.

The child's recovery was nothing short of a miracle.

Goldwater
08-18-2008, 05:35 PM

Thank you God.

Read the story before you tell people to repent, the mother was suffering from internal bleeding and they thought the baby was dead.

Eyelids
08-18-2008, 06:58 PM
If you're against pulling a stillborn out of a dying mother you are beyond hope.

Goldwater
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
If you're against pulling a stillborn out of a dying mother you are beyond hope.

But that wasn't the case here.

LibraryLady
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Also on Thursday the Senate Health and Human Services committee rejected a bill that declares any fetus with a beating heart or muscle movement outside the womb as "born alive".

This is what Obama voted for.

That baby still has a precarious future.

Eyelids
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
But that wasn't the case here.

She bleeding internally and the baby was showing no signs of life. If your wife was at a major health risk (as I'm inclined to believe internal bleeding is) and the baby was thought to be dead this would seem to be the only course of action deemed reasonable.

patsfan
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
This baby survived abortion? WONDERFUL!

I have to say that this is the kind of child that Obama wants to kill. He favors infanticide for those children who survive abortion. Thank God this beautiful baby girl was not brought into this world under an Obama regime! She would have been butchered.

Thank you God.
I have to say if it were my wife or daughter, I would want to save their life. But as noted, in the world of Obama, this baby would have been killed.

I became a grandpa for the first time one year ago. Every time I see that bright and beautiful boy, I thank God for the joy he brings his family and this old man that is his Papa. Seeing things like this only reinforce my faith.

Phillygirl
08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
The linked story does not indicate that the woman had an abortion. It indicates that she delivered prematurely. It also states it as a "miscarriage". I was wondering why the baby looked very healthy. The product of an abortion would not appear as such.

This truly is a miracle, and a wonderful one at that.

GrumpyOldLady
08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Okay ... I'm reading different things from different sources.
I'll have to clarify my position -

IF IF IF the woman had an abortion and it was necessary to save her life .. then I have no problem with that. IF IF IF the woman had an unnecessary abortion then I definately have a problem with it.

Some sources are saying it was abortion. Some sources are saying it was a miscarriage.

The TV news and papers are carrying this and they all say different things.

I hope this clarifies my position for you all.

biccat
08-19-2008, 08:23 AM
The linked story does not indicate that the woman had an abortion. It indicates that she delivered prematurely. It also states it as a "miscarriage". I was wondering why the baby looked very healthy. The product of an abortion would not appear as such.

They changed the story at the link. It originally said she had an abortion, although the term miscarriage would have been more appropriate.

The child has since passed away (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218710399820&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull).

BEG
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM

When I miscarried for the third time it listed on my medical records that I spontaneously aborted instead of miscarried.

Zeus
08-19-2008, 04:04 PM
When I miscarried for the third time it listed on my medical records that I spontaneously aborted instead of miscarried.

That is the "medical "Term they use for miscarriages. Although,and I'm not for sure,I think the terminology changes depending upon how far advanced the pregnancy was.

If memory serves the term used on my ex's first two misscarriages was "Biological" abortion.

LibraryLady
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
A "miscarriage" is called a spontaneous abortion. The other type is called a therapeutic abortion.

Phillygirl
08-19-2008, 04:47 PM

I see Zeus and LL have already cleared this up...but yes, spontaneous abortion is the correct medical term. Perhaps that is why the news coverage on this is also somewhat contradictory. They may be looking at the medical findings and see "abortion". We think of abortion as the elective procedure, rather than the medical condition of a miscarriage.

CLibertarian
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM

That is the "medical "Term they use for miscarriages. Although,and I'm not for sure,I think the terminology changes depending upon how far advanced the pregnancy was.

If memory serves the term used on my ex's first two misscarriages was "Biological" abortion.

That's so sad. I'm truly sorry for your losses. I could only imagine such a loss. Last year, my wife and I offered to adopt a child of a girl that had already scheduled an abortion. She was the teen sister of my wife's coworker. The roller-coaster we were on during the period of her family and us trying to convice her to cancel and let us adopt the baby was too much for me--especially when she decided to go through with it anyway. The closest analogy for the way that we felt was as if my wife told me she was expecting and then miscarried. I know that it's not the same but, it was rough on us.

Phillygirl
08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
They changed the story at the link. It originally said she had an abortion, although the term miscarriage would have been more appropriate.

The child has since passed away (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218710399820&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull).

I thought that they probably had, as the OP seemed to have quoted directly from the story. It appears that there was definitely some misinformation, or at least information applied incorrectly, in the initial story.

Phillygirl
08-19-2008, 05:22 PM
I see Zeus and LL have already cleared this up...but yes, spontaneous abortion is the correct medical term. Perhaps that is why the news coverage on this is also somewhat contradictory. They may be looking at the medical findings and see "abortion". We think of abortion as the elective procedure, rather than the medical condition of a miscarriage.

ETA: I apologize for not offering my sympathies to you on your miscarriages. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been.

BEG
08-20-2008, 05:47 PM
ETA: I apologize for not offering my sympathies to you on your miscarriages. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been.

Thanks Philly, I still think of them from time to time. I like to think of each of them as my middle daughter Lauren determined to get here and just kept trying until she finally did.

These miscarriages were all approximately a year apart with the first one back in early 1991. I think the third one was the most traumatic because I had the miscarriage at home (the first one was very early (like 6 weeks) and the 2nd I almost bled to death so I had to go to the hospital). The doctor told me to bring in "all the products of conception" that I had passed (in a Tupperware container no less) to make sure I had passed everything. Then they made ME dispose of it, they friggen sent me home with the Tupperware container with the 13 weeks worth of my "products of conception" . I was at the doctors office all by myself because my husband had to work (he had no option not to work that day).

It literally traumatized me, I freaked out and they made me leave through the back door because I was making such a commotion. When I got home I put it in the fridge, not knowing what in the hell to do with it and when my husband got home he disposed of it. He never told me what he did with it, still to this day I don't know what he did with it.

I don't understand why they could not dispose of the "product of conception" as they called it. It seriously had me screwed up for quite some time.

CLibertarian
08-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks Philly, I still think of them from time to time. I like to think of each of them as my middle daughter Lauren determined to get here and just kept trying until she finally did.

These miscarriages were all approximately a year apart with the first one back in early 1991. I think the third one was the most traumatic because I had the miscarriage at home (the first one was very early (like 6 weeks) and the 2nd I almost bled to death so I had to go to the hospital). The doctor told me to bring in "all the products of conception" that I had passed (in a Tupperware container no less) to make sure I had passed everything. Then they made ME dispose of it, they friggen sent me home with the Tupperware container with the 13 weeks worth of my "products of conception" . I was at the doctors office all by myself because my husband had to work (he had no option not to work that day).

It literally traumatized me, I freaked out and they made me leave through the back door because I was making such a commotion. When I got home I put it in the fridge, not knowing what in the hell to do with it and when my husband got home he disposed of it. He never told me what he did with it, still to this day I don't know what he did with it.

I don't understand why they could not dispose of the "product of conception" as they called it. It seriously had me screwed up for quite some time.

That's even more sad. I'm glad that you and your family are doing well now. Few things make me tear up and/or become violently angry but, your experience ranks up there for sure. That medical group were just plain wrong in how they handled your situation. I'm usually a very mellow person. If my wife had such an experience and the medical group handled her like that, I probably would have come totally unglued. When my family is violated, it's hard to hold back such instincts. Again, I'm glad that you and your family seem to be doing well now.

4jacks
08-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow, this is an extremely depressing thread.

I'm sorry for everyone who lost a child. And BEG, I would punch your doctor in the face.

My mom was sick when she was pregnant with me, and doctors told her to abort me. I'm glad she didn't. Also she lost her second child (daughter named kelly) becuase she had a hole in her heart. I just always figure, she's my older sister who died before I was born.

I think I like her more than my other two sisters, becuase she never sat on me when I was little, and doesn't bug me, now that we are older.

Oh well, one day.

wilbur
08-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Damn... poor kid. Talk about unlucky... he almost got to skip the hard part and go straight to the eternal bliss of paradise.